Make /fix command fix permanent wear

Suggestion Name:  Make /fix command fix permanent wear

Suggestion Description:  See above

Any example images:  N/A

Why it should be added: 

I recently found out that, even if you fix the regular damage to 100%, you can still get engine failures if the permanent wear of your truck is becoming too much (not sure what the threshold is yet). 

It would be nice if /fix also fixed the permanent wear. 

While this would make the whole permanent wear mechanic useless, I feel that for multiplayer, it is more important to avoid unexpected engine failures to the best of our ability. And of course most people have a lot of money on their save file and stuff to replace trucks/complete restoration but well .. some people like me who like to not cheat money, etc, don't. 

There's also the fact that damaged buses and trailers still cost money, too. But that's a different topic entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

The purpose of /fix is not to get your truck repaired for free, it is simply a convenient and quick way to fix your truck enough to get out of the way and potentially allow you to drive to the nearest F7 garage. (If you don’t wish to spawn there) 

I feel like it is any reasonable drivers responsibility to make sure that they are monitoring the wear elements and replace them when required (I personally replace when they reach 5%) As we damage is a gradual thing it gives you plenty of opportunity whenever you drive into a city and pass a garage to replace what is needed. 

So as for your suggestion, I don’t see it being useful or approved. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

The whole point of /fix is to make the vehicle operational enough to move if you don't want to F7.

Having it replace worn parts is an exploit, as you don't have to spend 100k. And, with the command's cooldown, it makes it easily abusable on CD Road.

/fix is fine as is. It is up to you to check when you're parts are badly worn and get them fixed.

• True Story 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:59 PM, Lowlander said:

Suggestion Name:  Make /fix command fix permanent wear

Suggestion Description:  See above

Any example images:  N/A

Why it should be added: 

I recently found out that, even if you fix the regular damage to 100%, you can still get engine failures if the permanent wear of your truck is becoming too much (not sure what the threshold is yet). 

It would be nice if /fix also fixed the permanent wear. 

While this would make the whole permanent wear mechanic useless, I feel that for multiplayer, it is more important to avoid unexpected engine failures to the best of our ability. And of course most people have a lot of money on their save file and stuff to replace trucks/complete restoration but well .. some people like me who like to not cheat money, etc, don't. 

There's also the fact that damaged buses and trailers still cost money, too. But that's a different topic entirely. 

This is a reasonable feature for Patron members. Do not make it accessible to free accounts.