VTC Owners can make trailer liveries

Suggestion Name: VTC Owners can make trailer liveries

Suggestion Description: VTC's heavily advertise through the in game chat. Get a high population area, like Calais or CD Road, and they go ham with posting their advertisements as much as a radio station loves commercial breaks.

Therefore, what if VTC owners are allowed to make a trailer livery for their members? Rules for this can be as follows:

1. VTC Owners are allowed to speak with their company to come up with the best design.
  2. Each VTC make must a skin and submit their best one within a deadline. The timeframe can be a month of something. They are also allowed to put a singular link to where new members can apply to join.
  3. The images are checked to ensure they follow the rules.
  4. Once done, the game is updated and the liveries sync across the server.
  5. The image is only accessible while you are a member of said VTC.

Should a VTC miss the deadline, they will have to wait until the next quarter (aka, 3 months), to get their livery submitted.

*VTC owners can request a takedown of their livery if they have a valid reason (former owner stepped down).

Any example images: No. But pretend there are a few generic trailers here, and they are all showing off different VTC liveries.

Why should it be added?: As mentioned above, VTC's advertise heavily in populated areas and it spams the chat. By giving them a trailer livery, it allows the company to be seen and applicants can apply (if they choose to do so).

Add the advertisements under rule 1.3 and this can be a good QOL for both sides. The companies and those who have to see their chat spammed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm skeptical that placing VTC advertisements on trailers will decrease VTC advertising in chat.

Instead, it's likely to serve as an additional means of promotion.

Personally, I'd rather have them continue spamming the chat because I can simply deactivate it.

However, being compelled to download VTC advertisements I have no interest in and without the option to deactivate, is something I disagree with.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 1:17 PM, Niuro said:

Why does it have to be a race?!
About the suggestion -> what type of mod would that be, as most people including me will never use local mods and save edits?

I didn't say race. I said it as a potential timeframe deadline for each batch that wants to be added. That's if they consider my idea.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:21 AM, Interstate Nomad said:

I'm skeptical that placing VTC advertisements on trailers will decrease VTC advertising in chat.

Instead, it's likely to serve as an additional means of promotion.

Personally, I'd rather have them continue spamming the chat because I can simply deactivate it.

However, being compelled to download VTC advertisements I have no interest in and without the option to deactivate, is something I disagree with.

I don't want to disable chat. And i don't want them to spam it with their ad's. I'd rather it be on their trailer. At least then, it's out of the way and i can always look away from it or just focus on my driving to not care. I do try to ignore it being spammed in chat. Problem is, they make it 3-5 lines of the chat.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a good suggestion, as it would require VTC to possibly have their own made trucks as well as trailer paint jobs. Instead of using those monotonous and even the same default paints from the game again, only they have different color codes. This is a huge headache for VTC creators. 👍

Stay safe!

Well,

I really like the idea of having personal VTC paintjobs but I don't really think that it would be a good idea to put such things inside the servers. 

This might seem like something small that gets added to the TruckersMP servers but it might perhaps be a massive headache for the addon/development team in order to get everything in working order. 

Are the chat advertiments annoying? Depends on your mood, I personally don't really mind them, when I do, I just politely tell them to chill down and most of the time they will respect it

Robin.  

Dutch-English | Sign Language

Useful links:  

TruckersMP Rules | Report System | Appealing a ban | TruckersMP Map

5 hours ago, Nipsey said:

Maybe add VTC Skins for VTC Verified. If you’re VTC isn’t verified you can’t use a VTC skin. Having this feature tae over the whole feature is not even worth a second. It would ruin purpose on people promoting it

Not sure I agree with this. If you are a verified VTC that typically means you are generally quite popular in the first place. New VTC’s that are starting out need the advertisement more than verified VTCs do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 7:04 PM, MartinV90 said:

Not sure I agree with this. If you are a verified VTC that typically means you are generally quite popular in the first place. New VTC’s that are starting out need the advertisement more than verified VTCs do.

Well yes you’re right but also ruins the purpose, being verified is probably one of the hardest things as you need over 50+ members especially new VTC as i own a brand new fresh VTC and it’s hard enough to advertise and get people to join i do believe new VTC owners deserve to promote they’re VTC or atleast get a shot to get onto VTC Spotlights

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Community Manager

Hello @Sunstrider,

Thanks for your suggestion! Please note that we will decline it, as a similar suggestion was already submitted before yours:

Therefore, we will only review that suggestion when it comes to VTC liveries, whether they are Verified VTCs or not.

Thanks for your understanding!