Swap bannedUntil with bannedSince on the API

Bеаn

Suggestion Name: Swap bannedUntil with bannedSince on the API

Suggestion Description: As we can no longer see when a ban expires via the website nor the API, would it be possible to replace this value (on the API) with the time the ban was issued?

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: I've developed tools to allow VTCs to see when their drivers get banned. An issued time is a helpful piece of information that could better the user experience, and provide more clarity. It can also help us, as this isn't available on the API, distinguish between bans issued via the website or in-game. All helpful insights.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Niuro said:

Why?! You got a ban, than ban is for n-days and lasts active on your profile for 1 year. I don't understand why we need this, if it is on your profile and you can see it at any time.

Why are you commenting on a suggestion if you have no idea what it's for?

20 hours ago, Niuro said:

Why?! You got a ban, than ban is for n-days and lasts active on your profile for 1 year. I don't understand why we need this, if it is on your profile and you can see it at any time.

Why don't you read the suggestion before commenting utter rubbish? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rheâ0660 said:

Hello, unfortunately I don't support your idea, because as users who know a lot about this platform, we are aware that moderators' ban times for bad users are usually for 1 week. For this reason, making it public known how long a user has been banned would allow us to easily estimate the duration of their ban. And this indirectly violates the privacy of users' ban history.

We're asking for the issued date, not the expiry date. An issued date wouldn't violate the user's privacy in any way. For example, you can see when a user gets banned in-game via the "x has been banned" message. I'd also like to highlight that we do not seek to know how long a user/player has been banned for. The entire purpose of this addition would be to enable better representation of the facts, and to enable us to better document.   

1 hour ago, Sunstrider said:

If someone in your VTC gets banned, just make it a requirement to inform someone.

That then opens the doors to negligence. Whereas, if we have a streamlined system for tracking bans, we can automate the process - without the need to rely on users. 

12 hours ago, Bеаn said:

That then opens the doors to negligence. Whereas, if we have a streamlined system for tracking bans, we can automate the process - without the need to rely on users. 

A better system would be an automatic, anonymous submission through their VTC Profile page. That way, it stays secret from prying eye's. And, you can get your streamlined info.

They agreed to the VTC Rules when they applied, and got accepted. That's on them to not report it. Just like, it's on me to report to my manger if i'm unable to work a scheduled shift.