Increase the minimum playtime to 24 hours (Arcarde server or Steam)

Suggestion Name: Increase the minimum playtime to 24 hours (Arcarde server or Steam)

Suggestion Description: The minimum playtime on Steam after creating a new TMP account should be increased or you should have a minimum playtime on an arcade server to get access to the simulation servers.

Why should it be added?: Many (intentional) accidents and/or reckless driving are mainly made by new players. Increasing the minimum playtime on Steam or an Arcarde server would reduce accidents and reckless driving. In addition, banned players cannot now easily circumvent a ban by running a new Steam account in parallel for 2 hours (current minimum time in Steam) in order to create a new account immediately after a ban and continue their mischief.

• Upvote 1

On the one hand, I think that this could be a good change since it would avoid more trolls coming onto the game.
On the other hand, some people probably only get ETS to play on TMP, but they still drive serious. getting 2 hours playtime is completely managable, but 24 hours is already a bigger amount.
I think that this might also hold back some people that got ETS to play TMP seriously but now have to get more playtime.

It can be assumed that the playing time is directly proportional to the experience, but although I do not recommend it, it is possible to increase the playing time in various ways without wasting time in the game. Therefore, your suggestion is reasonable, but they can disable this method by using different ways, maybe we can have them spend that game time playing on a begginer server belonging to TMP.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:09 PM, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

Suggestion Name: Increase the minimum playtime to 24 hours (Arcarde server or Steam)

Suggestion Description: The minimum playtime on Steam after creating a new TMP account should be increased or you should have a minimum playtime on an arcade server to get access to the simulation servers.

Why should it be added?: Many (intentional) accidents and/or reckless driving are mainly made by new players. Increasing the minimum playtime on Steam or an Arcarde server would reduce accidents and reckless driving. In addition, banned players cannot now easily circumvent a ban by running a new Steam account in parallel for 2 hours (current minimum time in Steam) in order to create a new account immediately after a ban and continue their mischief.

I agree, BUT I would add a nimimum of 168 hours instead for more than one reason. The most common are lag, interaction with other people and in-game experience. These games are not of the racing type after all.

2 Hour limit can be increased. In the meantime, a "Beginner Server" can be opened for those who have not met this limit. So they can understand how to behave on the online server. It makes sense to add a few WOT jobs limits, but above all, it is important to know that even if these measures increase, troll players will always be with us. In this way, maybe we can discourage and prevent users who enter for purely trolling purposes.