Game server update regarding

Suggestion Name: Game server update regarding

Suggestion Description: If a player is delivering a long job(3000-4000km), his job gets canceled if the server is updated.

I have seen many times that a server update is given on an running  convoy (convoy run on event server) and the convoy has to be canceled.

Job lost (problem with single player) and Convoy canceled due to a server update (problem with multiple players).

To solve this problem, truckersmp should create a channel (server update announce) on their discord server. in which server update announcement should be posted 3 -4 hours in advance, or take another action regarding to server update announcement.

In the December our convoy, when the server update was given just 35 minutes before the departure of our convoy. our convoy control team lost all save-load of road blocking. 

Why should it be added?: I have lost my job many times.

Our company's convoy server was updated 2-3 times at the time of Convoy and we got very bad feedback from attender truckers. Whenever I go to a convoy, I feel very bad if the server is updated.

Edited by RAW Truck
I did not write the details properly
  • Upvote 8

spacer.png      spacer.png

Of course, it's frustrating when jobs or convoys get canceled due to sudden server updates. A dedicated Discord channel for these updates would help a lot. Timely notifications would let players plan better, reducing disruptions.
Better communication about updates could improve everyone's experience.
Hoping for a solution from the TruckersMP team for a smoother community gameplay. 

• Like 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator1.png.bf5ddc3bd4b331186e4f209ef36faf1c.png

The job cancellation can happen either through TruckersMP's update, or through base game's update.  In either case, the list of companies on the map need to be different than the list of companies on the save file for the forced cancellation to occur. If either update doesn't change the list of companies, then the current job will stay active.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

As a Convoy Control Supervisor, I have seen this on a CC Side and in my prevouis VTC
The Convoy Control Profile would sometimes not work (Depends on a update) 
When this happens during an event it ruinings the event and many people decide to not rejoin

• Like 1

So as someone understand CC and server side infomation this what controls most servers, you will always have problem getting better planning on updates and here is why.

SCS Software = will do there own update to fix any bug or patches that may break the game this normal done pre planned or could done with any infomation as need protect the user.
Steam = steam might need do update could effect the game very rare but needs be added to the mix.
Truckers MP = as most you aware all the servers hosted by them and might need do update to protect the user or patch the game because update done by SCS Software as will not give TMP infomation that doing update to patch large issue.
Pro Mods = as TMP host a version this again out there hands because could be doing update effect just Pro Mods or patching the update because SCS Software.

To sum the issue up here have way to many people that can control server to update, and if you are on TMP doing long job you can remain on Offline mode (Local to PC) and finish the job so really can't see problem but for Event just might need little more work but many ways can control this. Having the option to do Rolling CC or if have the staff at the time can do Saves in less then 30mins or 40mins tops will help.

Setting a timeframe on a update for the server is still challenging, because there could always something to be fixed prior to the release, so that the timeframe would not get reach in time.

And then people will complain if the time limit is not reached and comes later due to a bug or quickfix cuz SCS decide to update their game.  

• Like 1

I agree to this. As a former Event Supervisor and Event Mangager its annoying to hear 1,5 Hours before the Convoy: "There were an game update and your profile is broken!".

And just to say its not always the fault of TMP or SCS but yeah 90% of updates in the past broke always my Supervising Profiles i did for Supervisions on Event Server.

When you're not TMP Staff or have the TMP Staffs for your Convoy in this cases  where your profile broke 1,5 Hours or less before the Convoy you'll go cry first and try to find a solution how the Event has a chance to become a good Event.

Were in the year of 2024 now and people expect there is a GM to Support the Convoy or the Event Supervisor - but i also know its not given ! Everyone has its own life - of course.

But for everyone it would be good to know there is a Game Server update comming soon or in some hours.

Also for the Event Supervisor who are without help at the day or other Events to be prepared of that what will coming.

Something like this would be good for everyones satisfaction but we also have to accept it when its not the case. But to announce there will be an update coming can be a little help for everyone.

Greetings,

JuliaWlbk

• Like 1

Kind regards,

JuliaWlbk

VTC "Auf Achse" - Explore Your Future With Us ...

➥ Senior Event Manger & News Redakteur

On 1/3/2024 at 10:29 AM, RAW Truck said:

Suggestion Name: Game server update regarding

Suggestion Description: If a player is delivering a long job(3000-4000km), his job gets canceled if the server is updated.

I have seen many times that a server update is given on an running  convoy (convoy run on event server) and the convoy has to be canceled.

Job lost (problem with single player) and Convoy canceled due to a server update (problem with multiple players).

To solve this problem, truckersmp should create a channel (server update announce) on their discord server. in which server update announcement should be posted 3 -4 hours in advance, or take another action regarding to server update announcement.

In the December our convoy, when the server update was given just 35 minutes before the departure of our convoy. our convoy control team lost all save-load of road blocking. 

Why should it be added?: I have lost my job many times.

Our company's convoy server was updated 2-3 times at the time of Convoy and we got very bad feedback from attender truckers. Whenever I go to a convoy, I feel very bad if the server is updated.

As long as the job is shown in your main menu and your trailer is attached, you are fine. I only loose WoT jobs in this way, thus I avoid them outside events.

• Project Manager

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that our updates may sometimes cause issues.

We always keep events and peak time in mind when pushing non-essential updates hence why 95% of our updates are released during nighttime or morning European time. This allows for most players to experience a seamless experience.

Updates that require reselecting a spawn city are very rare as these only happen when we support a new game version with map changes or if we update our own map modifications around the CD road or the TruckersMP HQ. These are rare but unavoidable, unfortunately, due to the way the game works. 

Over the last years, we have also improved the way client updates are delivered avoiding long update times.

• Like 3

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡