Limit Applicants Based On Account Age

Bеаn

Suggestion Name: Limit Applicants Based On Account Age
Suggestion Description: Some VTCs may prefer to allow older, more experienced accounts to apply for their VTC. Something along the lines of you can only join x if your account is over y years old. 
Any Example Images: https://prnt.sc/KxuuJ7qvhz9c
Why should It Be Added: There're some VTCs out there that may wish for such a feature. It'd be somewhat similar to the account age requirement for team recruitment. It may also stop VTC hoppers, hopping from VTC to VTC, if there's a minimum account age.  

• Upvote 5

Introducing an age requirement for joining VTCs, where only older (and more experienced) accounts are eligible, can be a good idea.

This helps build a community of committed players, as older accounts often indicate a stronger dedication to the simulation, creating a more knowledgeable and cohesive group within the VTC.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sunstrider said:

Idk. Age seems like a bad factor to determine membership. Personally, i'd rather they demonstrate applied knowledge.

Typically, account age and knowledge come hand in hand. The whole point of this suggestion is as a screening mechanism—a roadblock to block new accounts if new accounts aren't something that appeals to VTCs. From my managerial experience across numerous VTCs, I can say that typically, trolls tend to use newish accounts—thus making this a viable defence mechanism.

Also, for the recruitment system, accounts must be at least 12 months old before they can apply. This requirement seems to satisfy TruckersMP Management in such a way that they'll happily hire people with said account age. Therefore, I can't see why the same principle can't be carried over to VTCs.