Trucker mp as solo player in my opinion

Guest Hamburger Jung

Guest Hamburger Jung

I don't see the point of playing Trucker MP as a solo player. It's just not motivating. 

I also don't see the point in driving for a haulage company. 

The map is totally dead except for a few places. When you meet other drivers, you're happy and hope to survive the encounter without taking any damage. Other people have a ping of 300 and race along the highway. I've been playing again for a few active days now and I just don't have the motivation.

Reports have not been processed for a week.  You get rammed, blocked, overtaken in places where it can only go wrong. 

I'd rather play single mode. No idiots except me on the road, AI traffic, nice graphics, realism.

Supposedly they are simulation servers but on the servers the realism is far away. Yes, many people follow the traffic rules, but many don't. But what's the point of talking about it, nothing will change anyway 

I stopped playing TruckersMP for the same reaons. Mainly because of deserted maps, which are simply unrealistic and not enjoyable.

And the few heavily populated areas are infested with reckless driving players. But my self-respect forbids me to voluntarily go there and watch my truck getting destroyed by such players.

Singeplayer is more realistic and satisfying.

Maybe I will return once TruckersMP introduced AI traffic. But that doesn't seem to happen anytime soon.

• Upvote 2

Who saythat TruckersMP is a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation?  It is more a Fight Club, the only Thing that is missing is the Wardrobe at the Entrance, where you can chose the additional Weapons for your Vehicle! 🙂 

• Haha 2

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Can't agree more.

Until the new "Game Moderation Strategy" I was alternating "TMP solo" gaming, as you say, and some CD area trips to see more players. With the help of reporting, I was able to cool down my frustration and keep playing.

But now that:

• we have had the number of reports reduced to 10
  • the reports being reviewed even slower than before (more than 2 weeks)
  • the requirement to post reports maximum 7 days after the event date
  • and the fact that live game moderation improved very marginally with still no in-game report being processed (GMs just punish what they see live)

I just stopped playing TMP.

Fortunately I never really played ATS. So I recently moved to ATS single player (not TMP) which is really refreshing 😁

• Like 2

Guest Hamburger Jung
4 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Can't agree more.

Until the new "Game Moderation Strategy" I was alternating "TMP solo" gaming, as you say, and some CD area trips to see more players. With the help of reporting, I was able to cool down my frustration and keep playing.

But now that:

• we have had the number of reports reduced to 10
  • the reports being reviewed even slower than before (more than 2 weeks)
  • the requirement to post reports maximum 7 days after the event date
  • and the fact that live game moderation improved very marginally with still no in-game report being processed (GMs just punish what they see live)

I just stopped playing TMP.

Fortunately I never really played ATS. So I recently moved to ATS single player (not TMP) which is really refreshing 😁

well, what can you say? for honest players who value realism, this is a kick in the balls.

and once again the stupid are rewarded for it while trucker mp ruins the game for the others. 

I don't understand why you ruin your own game and make it easier for assholes to be assholes.

I'd rather play single mode and yes, american truck simulator is really fun. a great change of pace. 

1 hour ago, Hamburger Jung said:

I don't understand why you ruin your own game and make it easier for assholes to be assholes.

My theory, but I don't have any evidence except all the subsequent decisions, over the last years, pushing towards arcade instead of simulation, is that TMP is looking at numbers only and want to please the majority of players in order to have as many players are possible. Unfortunately there are more and more dumb/arcade/racing players who come on TMP because ETS2/ATS are cheap games requiring low specs and they can easily zap it if they become eventually bored of playing recklessly and trolling around (not a big loss, they can have a try). Many of these players are already Forza, GTA or Assetto Corsa players (as opposed to SnowRunner, Farm Simulator, Train Simulator or Flight Simulator 😂). Players like that just find it fun to race around with trucks instead of the usual sports cars.

But TMP seem to actually try keeping/attracting them instead of keeping/pushing them away.😒

Guest Hamburger Jung

then let trucker mp play their crap themselves and let everyone play the way they want. then all the assholes are among themselves. it's what they want. i'm pissed off and done with truckers mp. and i still wanted to donate monthly... no thanks. 

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Exactly, isn't it?

Once you got comfortable with maneuvering a long wheel based truck plus a 53 foot trailer around, you will be surprised how easy it is to maneuver European rigs around.

Yeah! I find it a bit annoying/challenging to take some "T" junctions because of the horrible turning circle of these trucks. But that makes the exercise more fun/interesting!

I'm sure when I'll play again on ETS2 it will feel like driving cars 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator