Local mods

[MCG] TMP_Malinois

15 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

Bro!!

Save edit alone spike unbelievable lag in the game.

Save edit plus local mod..

Do the math 🤣

there is always the possibility of ensuring that it is optimized a maximum or a minimum now it is true that it would make the game much more beautiful than if it remains like that where I am going with this is above all being able to see modifications on each truck and not that the trucks all look the same and here I'm simply talking about, for example, rotating lights, for example headlights that can be on trucks, well, here's everything that concerns the design of trucks

10 minutes ago, TMP_RocketLoup said:

there is always the possibility of ensuring that it is optimized a maximum or a minimum now it is true that it would make the game much more beautiful than if it remains like that where I am going with this is above all being able to see modifications on each truck and not that the trucks all look the same and here I'm simply talking about, for example, rotating lights, for example headlights that can be on trucks, well, here's everything that concerns the design of trucks

Okay sir 👍

Hello @TMP_RocketLoup ,

Thanks for making this interesting suggestion and making the TMP Communty a better place!

I fully support your idea and I also hope that maybe in a few years they will do it, also because this would mean to avoid thousands of MBs, GBs having to be downloaded onto the PC, using other programs to install them, it would avoid compatibility and incompatibility problems, it would avoid problems that perhaps everyone is able to install localmods etc..
In short, there would be many advantages, but at the same time disadvantages.
For example, to allow all this, unfortunately you will need increasingly high-performance computers in order to handle all the changes and the obviously increased GB weight of the game, we already encounter lag problems with save edits, then there are those who abuse them and that that's another matter...
Not everyone can or has the possibility of buying/having a high-performance PC like maybe you or I and many others have... most of them play on laptops, maybe not even high-performance ones, with an integrated video card... so you understand... and adding all this stuff would mean a blackout for them... 😄

Kind Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TMP Driver since 2015.

• Like 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

You know that would involve every user downloading every single mod in use on the server.

No thanks, not only is that technically impossible, because people join and disconnect all the time (imagine server restarting every time someone with new mod joins and you are prompted to download it before rejoining), but I don't want all that, considering most of it is junk eye sore.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Granite [SVK] said:

You know that would involve every user downloading every single mod in use on the server.

No thanks, not only is that technically impossible, because people join and disconnect all the time (imagine server restarting every time someone with new mod joins and you are prompted to download it before rejoining), but I don't want all that, considering most of it is junk eye sore.

I 100% agree with you

That is exactly why TMP only support a couple of single player mods, Pro mods and Grimmes weather mods, everyone would need to install the same mods, when SCS convoy mode first came out it was a nightmare when using mods, because not only did everyone have to have the exact same mods, they also had to have them in the exact same order on the mod loader too, don't no what SCS convoy mode is like now, because i personally dislike it and prefer TMP

32 minutes ago, Scottish Lad said:

That is exactly why TMP only support a couple of single player mods, Pro mods and Grimmes weather mods, everyone would need to install the same mods, when SCS convoy mode first came out it was a nightmare when using mods, because not only did everyone have to have the exact same mods, they also had to have them in the exact same order on the mod loader too, don't no what SCS convoy mode is like now, because i personally dislike it and prefer TMP

Since 1.45, you don't need to download every mod to join convoy session, provided the server has the option for that enabled. Optional mods are either not displayed at all, or there is placeholder system similar to what TMP used to have for DLC trailers, in case of modded vehicles.

I don't have anything against if TMP also used something like this and supported optional mods, just so it would remain optional, Grimes mods are optional after all, so maybe support for certain type of optional mods, like UI, sound or mere texture replacer mods could be possible, but you surely don't want to see some colored boxes instead of trucks and trailers at every corner.

But it all boils down to author permissions and support, TMP does not steal other people's mods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rossoo770s. said:

Hello @TMP_RocketLoup ,

Thanks for making this interesting suggestion and making the TMP Communty a better place!

I fully support your idea and I also hope that maybe in a few years they will do it, also because this would mean to avoid thousands of MBs, GBs having to be downloaded onto the PC, using other programs to install them, it would avoid compatibility and incompatibility problems, it would avoid problems that perhaps everyone is able to install localmods etc..
In short, there would be many advantages, but at the same time disadvantages.
For example, to allow all this, unfortunately you will need increasingly high-performance computers in order to handle all the changes and the obviously increased GB weight of the game, we already encounter lag problems with save edits, then there are those who abuse them and that that's another matter...
Not everyone can or has the possibility of buying/having a high-performance PC like maybe you or I and many others have... most of them play on laptops, maybe not even high-performance ones, with an integrated video card... so you understand... and adding all this stuff would mean a blackout for them... 😄

Kind Regards,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TMP Driver since 2015.

yes indeed I can understand that this could pose certain problems after looking at everything that is save edit everyone sees it so it would just be enough for them to add this kind of stuff directly to the game like that there would be no need to download I don't know how many GB

or even better which finally gives us things which allow us to be able to make our trucks real trucks and here I'm really talking about things which could be concrete for the game me for example on my trailer there are pay attention to the blind spots with a small logo and all that but it's local mods is that the others don't see it and yet it could add so many visual aspects on trailers and trucks because it can be put on both but unfortunately it would be necessary that the developers do the right thing, I've seen I don't know how many requests from forums to have new rotating lights, new things that really allow us to push the beauty of the trucks and unfortunately it's still not done