Burnt Out

Guest Rebeloutlaw22

Guest Rebeloutlaw22

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting and replying to it. Have you recently started to get burnt out on ETS2 or ATS or both? What do you try to do to keep the enjoyment going. As for myself I am getting to the point where I just do not care to drive either on TMP or Single Player on both ETS2 and ATS. I have tried everything possible to keep my interests in these games but I am just burnt slam out. I use various mods and they are not doing anything for me. Being 42 years old I think my time when it comes to gaming is starting to come to an end. 

Age has nothing to do, I am older than 42 and keep playing. Not specifically ETS2/ATS, but I'm spending some time now, with the ongoing WoTr events. About TMP, I got burnt out months ago and stopped using it, so I only do single player now. TruckersMP is either use the C-D road and deal with all the chaos there or do the same you can do in single player with traffic disabled: Drive on empty roads, so I'd rather play with bot traffic than with human players that seem to be stupider in most cases than the bots...

But I have to agree that it's quite easy to become bored with a game if you only play that for a long time. I was an avid player in TruckersMP for more than 8 years and it was easy to leave when things changed, in my opinion, for the worse. Never missed it. And now, playing other games (aRPG, mostly), going back to ETS2 or ATS from time to time feels different, even refreshing 😄

EDIT: And BTW, I have an older brother who's been playing Guild Wars 2 since it was released, more than 11 years ago and keeps doing it, every single day. It's up to each one, I guess.

• Upvote 1

Guest Rebeloutlaw22
2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Age has nothing to do, I am older than 42 and keep playing. Not specifically ETS2/ATS, but I'm spending some time now, with the ongoing WoTr events. About TMP, I got burnt out months ago and stopped using it, so I only do single player now. TruckersMP is either use the C-D road and deal with all the chaos there or do the same you can do in single player with traffic disabled: Drive on empty roads, so I'd rather play with bot traffic than with human players that seem to be stupider in most cases than the bots...

But I have to agree that it's quite easy to become bored with a game if you only play that for a long time. I was an avid player in TruckersMP for more than 8 years and it was easy to leave when things changed, in my opinion, for the worse. Never missed it. And now, playing other games (aRPG, mostly), going back to ETS2 or ATS from time to time feels different, even refreshing 😄

EDIT: And BTW, I have an older brother who's been playing Guild Wars 2 since it was released, more than 11 years ago and keeps doing it, every single day. It's up to each one, I guess.

I understand your view and that is me. I am part of Prime Logistics and I mainly drove on single player. However currently on LOA for the rest of the year to let me focus on some IRL issues. I might return before my LOA is up and continue to drive on Single Player. 

18 hours ago, Rebeloutlaw22 said:

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting and replying to it. Have you recently started to get burnt out on ETS2 or ATS or both? What do you try to do to keep the enjoyment going. As for myself I am getting to the point where I just do not care to drive either on TMP or Single Player on both ETS2 and ATS. I have tried everything possible to keep my interests in these games but I am just burnt slam out. I use various mods and they are not doing anything for me. Being 42 years old I think my time when it comes to gaming is starting to come to an end. 

Take some time off and come back. I've done that more than once. You don't need to force it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator