Revamp a quieter server to Real Simulation

MartinV90

Suggestion Name:  Revamp a quieter server to Real Simulation 

Suggestion Description: There are many different types of suggestions out there regarding Real simulation servers, my suggestion is to revamp one of the less used servers to become a Real simulation server. by doing this TMP are not having to create or pay for a new server, They are simply revamping one which is going to get more users. 

what I think a real simulation server should look like?

• Max 90k/h Limit

• collisions inside Companies

• No Cars (But busses are allowed) 

• Disable /fix 

• Disable AFK

(the purpose of disabling AFK is so drivers cannot sit at company bays blocking them, or there would have to be some sort of auto kick system if drivers were sat inside companies for more than 3 minutes, this is providing companies did become collision zones) 

Do you have an example image? No

Why should it be added?: This is a simulation game, a lot of us want to drive as realistically as possible. If you do not like the chaos of Sim 1, you’re only option is a server which has an increased speed limit, which makes no sense, since when would a truck in real life go 130! if I’m completely honest, I have slowly gone off TMP, its just about getting as many people into sim 1 as possible and not thinking about the purpose of the actual game which is to simulate real life driving! 

This server would be a huge success to the people that generally want to drive professionally. I also feel like you should not be allowed access to this server if your account is less than 3 months old or if you have more than 2 active bans within 12 months. Also maybe slightly harsher bans could be issued in this server. The reason for these suggestions is keep the trolls away & keep the server for drivers who want to play professionally! 

• Upvote 2

They first need to change "Simulation 1" to a better name. CD Road is not a sim of the game.

To take Simulation Further

• Enforce Traffic Laws
  • Enforce Speed Limits on Roads. If a road doesn't have one, set it to 90, as stated in the suggestion.
  • Punish the player with traffic fines for not following the rules.
  • Rotational Reward Gains to encourage use of other cargo and going to different cities. Lower Reward Modifiers if the same thing done again and again.

Hand out small bans to those who want to turn the server into another CD.

14 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:

They first need to change "Simulation 1" to a better name. CD Road is not a sim of the game.

To take Simulation Further

• Enforce Traffic Laws
  • Enforce Speed Limits on Roads. If a road doesn't have one, set it to 90, as stated in the suggestion.
  • Punish the player with traffic fines for not following the rules.
  • Rotational Reward Gains to encourage use of other cargo and going to different cities. Lower Reward Modifiers if the same thing done again and again.

Hand out small bans to those who want to turn the server into another CD.

I do feel like TMP do need to do something or that’s going to happen is they are going to force the people that want to drive properly to the in-game convoy mode instead! 

This is an interesting idea though I'm certain that the active player amount will be low in this server. In combination with the huge SCS default map, it will be very, very empty.
And because the estimated player amount is low, this suggestion is likely going to get declined.

The main part of the community is interested in traffic, traffic jams and most aren't interested in obeying speed limits or other road laws.

Maybe one could combine this idea with a smaller, maybe 1:1 map, where people are more "cramped" into a smaller space so lower player amounts don't make the map feel so dead?

24 minutes ago, poland.ball said:

This is an interesting idea though I'm certain that the active player amount will be low in this server. In combination with the huge SCS default map, it will be very, very empty.
And because the estimated player amount is low, this suggestion is likely going to get declined.

The main part of the community is interested in traffic, traffic jams and most aren't interested in obeying speed limits or other road laws.

Maybe one could combine this idea with a smaller, maybe 1:1 map, where people are more "cramped" into a smaller space so lower player amounts don't make the map feel so dead?

At the end of the day they can’t sit there and say it would not be worth it as there are 2 servers currently each with 1,500 Player limit and only 11 & 12 drivers on them! In my opinion they could easily revamp one of those, and it would see more drivers.

If you look down the suggestions, all you see, is either people wanting some sort of real simulation server or people tired of trolls. Honestly, think even if it had 100 players, it would be a success.. The point is for TMP  to offer us drivers the choice how or where we want to drive. Of course, there would be big parts of the map which do seem quiet, But at the end of the day, that’s no difference to the current servers.

i currently play single player as its as real as it gets. 

8 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

At the end of the day they can’t sit there and say it would not be worth it as there are 2 servers currently each with 1,500 Player limit and only 11 & 12 drivers on them! In my opinion they could easily revamp one of those, and it would see more drivers.

If you look down the suggestions, all you see, is either people wanting some sort of real simulation server or people tired of trolls. Honestly, think even if it had 100 players, it would be a success.. The point is for TMP  to offer us drivers the choice how or where we want to drive. Of course, there would be big parts of the map which do seem quiet, But at the end of the day, that’s no difference to the current servers.

i currently play single player as its as real as it gets. 

Let me use ATS as an example. In 2016, ATS was popping. The short lived CD Road was this crossing at Oxnard.

What killed the server was the lack of truck choices, the map size, only 3 states being free, and nowhere on the map that can replace CD Road. Now, ATS hardly ever reaches 200 pop. And those who don't stay in Vegas abide by Simulation Rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 12:15 PM, MartinV90 said:

I do feel like TMP do need to do something or that’s going to happen is they are going to force the people that want to drive properly to the in-game convoy mode instead! 

The last part has been/is happening. You can find numerous comments of people getting fed up with lack of an actual sim server for the ones looking to actually sim/do realistic driving, and switching to SCS MP(Convoy). 

On 11/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, poland.ball said:

Pretty empty like Sim 2 and Arcade usually is? So why does it have to be rejected on the premise of being 'low population'?

How long do realism/sim drivers have to complain before we finally get a server for our play style? And yes, clearly a set amount of people actually want this. Otherwise this age old debate wouldn't be a hot topic to this day. Why can there not be a casual server (literally Sim1), Arcade (as is), hardcore/realism server (replace Sim2, an ATM, useless server imo)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, Mischievous_Vixen said:

How long do realism/sim drivers have to complain before we finally get a server for our play style? And yes, clearly a set amount of people actually want this. Otherwise this age old debate wouldn't be a hot topic to this day. Why can there not be a casual server (literally Sim1), Arcade (as is), hardcore/realism server (replace Sim2, an ATM, useless server imo)

Fans of realistic simulation are a minority in this community. And the TruckersMP team has no interest in them or their wishes.

So I'd presume that we will wait a very long time, if not forever.

But they will never get tired to serve the loud screaming bunch of "casual players" and waste time and ressources to redesign whole cities or patch up chaotic situations that only exist because they support them.

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Fans of realistic simulation are a minority in this community. And the TruckersMP team has no interest in them or their wishes.

So I'd presume that we will wait a very long time, if not forever.

But they will never get tired to serve the loud screaming bunch of "casual players" and waste time and ressources to redesign whole cities or patch up chaotic situations that only exist because they support them.

I get that we are a minority compared to the casual simcade players. But the frequency of seeing posts with users complaining about casuals being made all the time as well as 'suggestions' posted leads me to believe it is a larger group than most would think or want to admit.

Would simulation folk be more of a minority than the current minorities? - see screenshots attached below.

Given the ability to pick a server that would have other like minded players looking for a simulation/realism experience, me personally, I would be picking that server every time. Actually having a place to go/play in - not the fake 'simulation' server where I just piss off a bunch of casuals because I like driving realistically (too slow for them). I wouldn't care too much if it also wasn't for the fact that these people also cannot manage their rigs and the load they are hauling. So when my cargo inevitably gets damaged - as it seems they are incapable of just going around me and continue on with their trip. This makes me have to decide on whether to submit, yet another report, which more often than not, results in receiving colorful language from the guilty party.

I would not have stopped my patron subscription as well as spend a lot of driving hours in SP/Convoy instead of TMP the last few months if it were not for that.

Untitiled1.JPG

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1