Why was the game time changing code removed from truckersmp?

profx5561

AFAIK, the time (hour of the day) in TruckersMP has always been set by the server and impossible to be modified by users. So the g_set_time console command never worked. And for a good reason: Imagine you change your "local" time to midday when it's midnight for everyone else around you. You wouldn't need to use your headlights and this would make you almost invissible to those other players.

This is why the time is and has to be the same for everyone and why headlights are mandatory within the night time interval, anyone who tries to drive with their headlights off at night is automatically kicked from the server, as a logical precaution to avoid lots of accidents.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Allowing custom times would just lead to the following exploits:

1. Being immune from the server's night time. No lights would be ghost driving (and get you reported).
  2. Imagine you take the longest job and spend all day on CD. When you arrive, you set it to the starting time to get 100% of the reward.
  3. It would be resting, without having to use the designated space. Allowing you to refresh the job market for an ideal job.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

AFAIK, the time (hour of the day) in TruckersMP has always been set by the server and impossible to be modified by users. So the g_set_time console command never worked. And for a good reason: Imagine you change your "local" time to midday when it's midnight for everyone else around you. You wouldn't need to use your headlights and this would make you almost invissible to those other players.

This is why the time is and has to be the same for everyone and why headlights are mandatory within the night time interval, anyone who tries to drive with their headlights off at night is automatically kicked from the server, as a logical precaution to avoid lots of accidents.

It used to be available for players, and even if they changed their local time, you still were required to turn your lights on because the servers forces you to do that regardless of the local time you set.

• Like 1

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

1 minute ago, El Reja said:

It used to be available for players, and even if they changed their local time, you still were required to turn your lights on because the servers forces you to do that regardless of the local time you set.

My bad, sorry. Always believed that the time of day was server sided and not changeable by users. I stand corrected.

• Like 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:57 AM, El Reja said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. In the past, everyone could set it at any time they wanted. and no one had any problems. I wish it would work again. Because the nights in the game are extremely dark and it doesn't give me any pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.