Car dealership

Funkenstein

Suggestion Name: Car dealership

Suggestion Description: If possible, there should be added a dedicated dealership just for cars (named Scout cars, for example). The car dealership could be placed in the TruckersMP headquarters! 

Expanded suggestion (optional suggestion): The possibility of buying former alternating vehicles is available, making the roads more diverse (but if added, the 'alternating vehicle' of the month will have less effect/use - I am aware of that, so that's why I added an 'optional suggestion' line in this template).  

Why it should be added: More overview and diversity/ensuring of simulation 

I think it's not a bad idea, but you have to think a little bit about whether this idea can really be done, because it's not a simple task. If your suggestion is implemented and it doesn't get as much traction as expected, it will be a waste of time for the developers because they will spend more time on this idea than they would have spent on a better idea.

?

At the moment, there are 3 "cars" in the game. The scout car, and the 2 alternating vehicles (one free, one for patreon users)

I personally don't think it would be beneficial to have an entire dealership added to the game just for these 3 vehicles. People would start asking for a bus dealership for the 1 bus too 😂

• Woah! 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

It's not about the convenience alone though @Stones8000, have you even understood my point? There's a whole unused building in TruckersMP HQ that could be turned in a car dealership, you know.. For realism purposes. Same goes for you @CrazyCTRL. Not everything should be about convenience. But @FourP. has a good point, it shouldn't be prioritized as it would consume time for other more important projects. Such an idea that slipped through my mind and thought I would share..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Funkenstein said:

It's not about the convenience alone though @Stones8000, have you even understood my point? There's a whole unused building in TruckersMP HQ that could be turned in a car dealership, you know.. For realism purposes. Same goes for you @CrazyCTRL. Not everything should be about convenience. But @FourP. has a good point, it shouldn't be prioritized as it would consume time for other more important projects. Such an idea that slipped through my mind and thought I would share..

well i dont think this idea would be inplemented,not many people went ever to truckersmp hq

• 1 month later...

I have multiple problems with this Idea:

1. How would you implement this Dealership and where?

You would have to build an entire new Dealership model and it would have to be pasted into some cities spreaded across the map. That takes a lot of work and effort for a very small use.

2. How would you implement it into the truck dealer overview?

You would need to add a filter button to the side where there is no more space left already. Also, you would need to replace some dealerships on the map with Scout Dealerships. That would also require a lot of work.

3. This is still a truck game!

I understand that a lot of players like the idea of the car driving and also enjoy the alternating vehicles.

But we should not lose the focus that this game is still about driving trucks. 

I could imagine, that if you added all alternating vehicles back into the game, that would make cars more attractive for a lot of players.

That would mean that more players would be driving cars and less players would be driving trucks.

I like your idea and diversity on the streets is definetly nice but I feel like this would take a lot of effort and it would help to lose the focus on the main purpose of the game.

I like your idea.

Factory new passenger vehicles are usually purchased at dealerships of the corresponding brand.

Adding brand-specific car dealerships will offer more variety to the road traffic and by that increases realism. However, I'd like to see all former alternating vehicles available, and not only the last two.

• Like 1