Increase Report limits on C-D

MartinV90

48 minutes ago, MartinV90 said:

I understand about the base map and people having to have the DLC’s but let’s face it most people who play this game. Do have the DLC’s. 

Clearly most of the trolls (and probably a lot of bad drivers) don't have all the DLCs. But I don't think TMP is interested in discriminating players nowadays 

Quote from TMP "Community Survey":

to strive towards inclusivity

😂

@Foobrother I would suggest to be an autokick system if you go 5kmh above the speed limit therefore no one will have to overtake unless a player is going really slow,

Another thing I would suggest is to make duties for GM's where they would be put in random places of the C-D road to catch any rulebreakers and overall like you said increase ban punishments

Another idea I had was for moderators to block enterances onto C-D road when it gets more busy and wait for the traffic to get further away then release the next lot so there is no stand still's

3 hours ago, Al3ksik said:

Another idea I had was for moderators to block enterances onto C-D road when it gets more busy and wait for the traffic to get further away then release the next lot so there is no stand still's

This is why they have Red lights before you enter C-D road. ALSO there isn’t enough moderators to deal with in-game reports as it is, let alone be there to control traffic 

I am not seeing any benefits on increase and support players who wanna report players on CD. It will just make a lof of works for us in the moderation team.

Rule breakers will not go away, no matter what Moderation team doing. It is like real life. Can police remove all criminals out there? Yes! Will there come new to the world? Yes! Does it ever stop? No! People will continue to violate the rules of no matter where you being. Can we do something against it? Probably yes, but they will continue to do it. 

Will police ever catch all rule breakers on real life roads? No. We probably need to hire more police and let them stay on specific position and wait for someone to break the rules. - Isn't it bored? 

It is litterally what you guys saying. - Let's hire more police to focus on specific road all day long. - Where should all these police comes from? Are they able to handle every thing. What about people doing criminal things or even other stupid things?  What about the accidents happening? 

Let's get back to TruckersMP. --> "Hire more moderations on TruckersMP to do moderation on CD" - Where should they appear from? How are they able to solve anything? What about other areas? Are they able to do reports? Able to do appeals? Or should we completely forget all that and just moderate CD, because of rule breakers that constantly arrives? And what about other rule violations at other parts of the map? And I can continue forever..

I know it is frustrated that people keep doing rule violations. But, you need at same time understand it is impossible to catch them all. When we talking about TruckersMP Team, they working on their free-time. They do not get paid at all, except for 2 members. 

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It appears that the team intentionally and knowingly condones and supports rule violations. As no reasonable explanation has been provided so far, I can only speculate about the reasons behind it, and I suspect that the TruckersMP team doesn't want to upset the so called majority of their community.

I agree that TruckersMP have so much to offer and we are very interested in try best as possible to remove these rule breakers, however it isn't as easy as players thinking it is. Specially when we have real life too, appeals, reports and hang out in another games. 

We trying our best to handle every ticket. But players keep consantly send new reports (No violations, violations, non-banable, kick-able and whatever). This make a lot of work for us moderation team, even tho we trying our best. We can't handle every ticket in 1 day, when there is other things to do.

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It appears that the team intentionally and knowingly condones and supports rule violations. As no reasonable explanation has been provided so far, I can only speculate about the reasons behind it, and I suspect that the TruckersMP team doesn't want to upset the so called majority of their community.

I do personally don't support rule violations of players. But what can we do? New players arrive and new troll players arrive and so on. 

8 hours ago, Foobrother said:

In a perfect world EVERY offense should receive the appropriate punishment and bad drivers would be quickly dismissed. And everyone would be able to drive where he/she wants, even in heavily populated areas, without being bothered by reckless drivers and trolls.

Unfortunately, as mentioned a lot of times, there are currently too many offenses and not enough moderators.

Some (usually staff) say that it's because:

• people drive on CD where 99% of the offenses are. And if they were driving somewhere else they wouldn't have any problem (nothing to report)
  • people are reporting too much. There are people spending more time reporting offenses then driving etc...
  • people are reporting "kick only" offenses via the web report system

Some (usually players like me) say that it's because:

• we are too friendly and let people get away with too many small offenses
  • we are not giving proper punishments that prevent people from making new offenses from a long time
  • we are not doing permanent bans anymore for serial offenders who have tones of bans
  • we don't seem to enforce a more strict moderation organisation. Moderators, especially in-game ones (in-game reports are rarely processed), seem to be very free to moderate when they like to instead of when they should. And quotas might be too low (but I have zero visibility on that)

I hope you being aware that new trolls, rule violations driver arrive? So it would be peacefully short amount of time, and it will be back to normal.

I do agree to the 3 first points and the 1 point in another 4 points. As I did report bigger offences, instead of small ones. 
The last point, it isn't too low (in my opinion, but I wouldn't mention it). But we having real life to do outside of TruckersMP. We trying our best to be online. 

ISolutions proposed:

• TMP staff - forcing players to drive outside CD area
    • by marking CD reports as neutral (no extra credit given when your report is accepted) which mechanically limits/refrains the number of reports people would do.
    • by letting the situation there become worse with less strict and lighter punishments which allows bringing back bad drivers on the road more often.
    • by making the server less simulation oriented with higher speed limits and no punishments for small "kick only" offenses (in-game reports are now almost never processed)

Finally, there is one very simple thing people need to remember and which explains why people are all on CD: TMP is a multiplayer game. People are here to interact with others and not to drive seeing another player on the other side of the road once every 10 min! If AI traffic was present it would be a different story but it's not there unfortunately.

Guess why? Because nobody in-game processed their in-game report to kick the player. That doesn't 100% justify to send a web report but can easily explain it since people want some serial offenders to be punished (if not in-game, later). As I said multiple times, these sort of "kick only" reports should be counted and when the players has been reported 5 times for valid "kick only" offenses (lets say within a month), they should receive a ban.

Instead of setting specific rules for people making reports on CD (which feels a bit like a punishment for them), why not introducing specific rules for offenders on CD? Why not saying that if you make an intentional offense on CD, the punishment will be doubled compared to an offense in the rest of the map?

I see what you mean but you are mainly wrong! If you properly punish people with longer bans and re-introduce permanent bans you will definitely reduce the mess on CD. But you might also reduce the number of players which seems to be the biggest concern for TMPs management.

???? That doesn't make sense. Why if you ban all the reckless drivers (I know impossible to have them ALL banned at the same time) would it remain the same?

I do fully understand your point under "TMP Staff" - But we do not force any players to drive specific area. It is 100% their choice where they want to be, as well what opinions they have. 

Even tho it is cool idea that they planning to make AI into TruckersMP, I do not see reason for why it would be another story? - Trolls will be the same, rule violations will be the same. And trolls even appear different part of the map and block the road for both AI and players. How would it change anything?

I kinda like the this idea of it. I more over, would say they should get banned by report system for reports towards players who didn't break the rules or the rules being kick able.

It doesn't solve anything at all on CD road. It will forever be a mess. It have been like that since 2016 - has it changed? Nope, not at all. 

Because, we getting newborns drivers who not carefully with the rules, new trolls and generally new rule breakers. How would it change, if we banned them all, even tho it is impossible?

Oooooh! One of the best suggestions I've read for ages! That would make the trolls sooo confused with their playground closed 😂

Again, this links to several suggestions done many times in the past to make more regular events OUTSITE CD to attract players on other roads. But guess what... the last event, RealOPs, was organised in Calais! 👏

8 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

It is something I would personally love to see, I would generally be interested what cities and roads people would do without C-D, if CD is not available, people are then forced to find another route, which then actually they realize they enjoy! I have driven plenty of nice roots, which is very similar to the CD layout, but it’s just so dead!! 

CD have actually been closed for 2-3 times or something like that for different various reasons. - One of them being, that there was issues on this road, which makes players game crash or what exactly happened here. I have never seen such thing, but I have seen it on video on YouTube. 
And CD road have been closed down for I guess up to 2 times for April fools related. - But did it change anything? Nope, people did use the motorway between these cities, waited to be able to drive or even just sit next to where it is blocked. So how would it change ?

Wow, it takes hours to write all that.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al3ksik said:

@Foobrother I would suggest to be an autokick system if you go 5kmh above the speed limit therefore no one will have to overtake unless a player is going really slow,

Another thing I would suggest is to make duties for GM's where they would be put in random places of the C-D road to catch any rulebreakers and overall like you said increase ban punishments

I do personally like the first idea, you having. As it is one of the things kind of, I had in mind. Not exactly, but similar. 

While players think this is great idea, there will always arrives new ones. (See my above post) in very first part, before I quote on peoples post. 

I do not support this idea, as it makes a lot of more works. What about their appeals, reports and other duties? Real life? Family? Who going to take over?  How long are they able to be there? And I could continue forever with questions. 
I am pretty sure it will get boring to do that all day long or few hours a day without something else to do. 

And with increase of banning people, it will increase people complaining about their bans that they did nothing wrong. - Then they have to spend times on doing this. 

Well, it might just be me. I do not understand all these questions, or ideas people having. - Specially when they not aware of how it actually works behind the scenes and how much work we actually have. 

@ChristmarDK when I read your post I'm wondering why you're a Report Moderator? It seems like you gave up, don't believe there is any way to improve the situation and are not interested anymore in improving the situation. Sad 😔

2 hours ago, ChristmarDK said:

It will just make a lof of works for us in the moderation team

What do you want? Less work or less trolls/bad drivers? If you want less trolls/bad drivers you need to punish and ban them. Otherwise they will multiply like rabbits.

Rule breakers will not go away, no matter what Moderation team doing. It is like real life. Can police remove all criminals out there? Yes! Will there come new to the world? Yes! Does it ever stop? No! People will continue to violate the rules of no matter where you being. Can we do something against it? Probably yes, but they will continue to do it. 

What a poor argument. If I was following your logic everybody in every country would have exactly the same amount of criminality even if governments have more of less strict rules/punishments (police + justice)?

You are obviously wrong and we know that countries with strong punishments are usually much more safe. Have a look in Asia. And in Europe you can also see many difference between countries. Of course there are other cultural/economical factors and it's not as simple as that. But strong punishments usually strongly reduce criminality. And a criminal who is in prison is one less person who is bothering the population (at least for a certain time)!

Also, in the real world nobody would like to give death penalty (even if the person is a monster). In a game like TMP I couldn't care less if someone who got banned 5 times in 6 months gets a permanent ban!

Let's get back to TruckersMP. --> "Hire more moderations on TruckersMP to do moderation on CD" - Where should they appear from? How are they able to solve anything? What about other areas? Are they able to do reports? Able to do appeals? Or should we completely forget all that and just moderate CD, because of rule breakers that constantly arrives? And what about other rule violations at other parts of the map? And I can continue forever..

Tell me how many reports we are receiving daily and I'll tell you how many moderators you need. Simple.

I hope you being aware that new trolls, rule violations driver arrive? So it would be peacefully short amount of time, and it will be back to normal.

Well simple math can show you I'm right. Can we agree that it's not impossible to ban more trolls in 1 day than having new trolls joining the game? If you agree it means that you will have less trolls + the fact that existing trolls who are banned don't come back after a day but after several days + the fact that many won't come back as well (especially if you re-introduce permanent bans).

But we having real life to do outside of TruckersMP. We trying our best to be online. 

You're mentioning this classic argument or TMP staff having real life with limited time to offer and they are doing it in a volunteer way etc...

Nobody is asking for staff to work more (even if they should work a minimum to earn their staff status). But I'm asking for better organisation and the right amount of resources for the amount of work. Again, tell me how many reports we receive daily and how long it takes to process a report and I'll tell you how many people you need to process them.

But we do not force any players to drive specific area. It is 100% their choice where they want to be, as well what opinions they have. 

Well it seems that you didn't read correctly my post. I wrote: "TMP is a multiplayer game. People are here to interact with others and not to drive seeing another player on the other side of the road once every 10 min! If AI traffic was present it would be a different story but it's not there unfortunately."

What you're saying is in other words "if you don't like it play another game". Very helpful! Unfortunately, maybe you don't realise it, but more and more simulation players are leaving TMP to be replaced by racing players who are more interested by speed than simulation. If that's what you want, perfect, continue like that.

Even tho it is cool idea that they planning to make AI into TruckersMP, I do not see reason for why it would be another story? - Trolls will be the same, rule violations will be the same. And trolls even appear different part of the map and block the road for both AI and players. How would it change anything?

Well it's simple, if AI traffic was present, players like me who don't like the mess of CD would drive in the middle of Romania, Finland or Portugal where you have less chance to see these trolls. And probably many more players would do the same which would leave CD to the reckless drivers only. And even if some would go somewhere else than CD, the map is so big that they would not be able to bother me as much as on CD. Between these options, which one do you prefer:

1 - Driving in Portugal (or any other remote country) with AI traffic, a few other players and almost no troll

2 - Driving in Portugal (or any other remote country) without AI traffic with almost no player and no troll (current situation)

3 - Driving around CD without AI traffic with few other players and few trolls (current situation)

4 - Driving only on CD without AI traffic with many players and many trolls (current situation)

I prefer the the first option without any hesitation!

Because, we getting newborns drivers who not carefully with the rules, new trolls and generally new rule breakers. How would it change, if we banned them all, even tho it is impossible?

I agree with that but it is not impossible. Can't we ban them permanently?! TMP seem to be scared to permanently ban players. As if new players were ONLY bad players?! If you ban bad players but continue to get new good players you will still increase your number of players no?! And if the normal players (to be simple: people who don't stop at a red light and don't respect the speed limits) + hardcore simulation players are happy, I don't see why people would leave?

But did it change anything? Nope, people did use the motorway between these cities, waited to be able to drive or even just sit next to where it is blocked. So how would it change ?

Unfortunately I didn't experience it. But I would have loved to see. Are you sure the other roads were not more used? Not just the ones next to CD but all the roads of Germany, Netherland, Belgium etc...?

Specially when they not aware of how it actually works behind the scenes and how much work we actually have. 

Well we would be very happy to hear what's happening behind the scene. From all your responses here I can clearly understand that apparently the moderation team has too much work. But that's not a reason to prevent people from reporting offenders? Reduce the offenders and you will reduce the reports. As you said, you will always have some new offenders. But as I explained, you will never have more new daily trolls/bad drivers than daily bans.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChristmarDK said:

Rule breakers will not go away, no matter what Moderation team doing.

If this is the attitude within the team, then why do drivers have to agree to the terms and conditions about following rules? It’s like saying “oh you have to agree to them, but in reality, the chances are are’ll be let off doing XYZ” 

3 hours ago, ChristmarDK said:

Well, it might just be me. I do not understand all these questions, or ideas people having. - Specially when they not aware of how it actually works behind the scenes and how much work we actually have. 

In my opinion, you only have “alot of work” because drivers know they can get away with it. If drivers see cracks in the report system, ofc they are going to take full advantage of that and just do what they want, when they want. Moderators also complained about how busy C-D is (like many drivers) yet TMP Reworked Duisburg (meaning people want to visit) and had a real ops at Calais (meaning people want to visit) why would people want to go anywhere else on the map when these are the areas getting attention from TMP!   

• True Story 1

15 hours ago, Foobrother said:

In a perfect world EVERY offense should receive the appropriate punishment and bad drivers would be quickly dismissed. And everyone would be able to drive where he/she wants, even in heavily populated areas, without being bothered by reckless drivers and trolls.

Unfortunately, as mentioned a lot of times, there are currently too many offenses and not enough moderators.

• people drive on CD where 99% of the offenses are. And if they were driving somewhere else they wouldn't have any problem (nothing to report)
  • people are reporting too much. There are people spending more time reporting offenses then driving etc...

Some (usually players like me) say that it's because:

• we are too friendly and let people get away with too many small offenses
  • we are not giving proper punishments that prevent people from making new offenses from a long time
  • we are not doing permanent bans anymore for serial offenders who have tones of bans
  • we don't seem to enforce a more strict moderation organisation. Moderators, especially in-game ones (in-game reports are rarely processed), seem to be very free to moderate when they like to instead of when they should. And quotas might be too low (but I have zero visibility on that)

With the above we can distinguish 2 distinct strategies:

1. TMP staff: keep as many players as possible and try to have less players on CD
  2. Simulation players: punish ALL offenders, from CD or anywhere else, to purge TMP from these bad drivers and make the other areas more attractive

Solutions proposed:

• TMP staff - forcing players to drive outside CD area
    • by marking CD reports as neutral (no extra credit given when your report is accepted) which mechanically limits/refrains the number of reports people would do.
    • by letting the situation there become worse with less strict and lighter punishments which allows bringing back bad drivers on the road more often.
    • by making the server less simulation oriented with higher speed limits and no punishments for small "kick only" offenses (in-game reports are now almost never processed)
  • Simulation players - being strict and enforce the rules as much as possible with severe punishments for serial offenders and make other areas more attractive than CD
    • stop taking care of CD map. Don't waste time changing the road/junction regularly to please people complaining they can't drive at full speed because of traffic jams and other madness generated by collisions and trolls.
    • organise many events in other areas to attract people on other roads
    • be super strict and have higher punishments for people making intentional offenses on CD and other highly populated areas
    • restrict cars or even the main server access to people with low bans

Finally, there is one very simple thing people need to remember and which explains why people are all on CD: TMP is a multiplayer game. People are here to interact with others and not to drive seeing another player on the other side of the road once every 10 min! If AI traffic was present it would be a different story but it's not there unfortunately.

Guess why? Because nobody in-game processed their in-game report to kick the player. That doesn't 100% justify to send a web report but can easily explain it since people want some serial offenders to be punished (if not in-game, later). As I said multiple times, these sort of "kick only" reports should be counted and when the players has been reported 5 times for valid "kick only" offenses (lets say within a month), they should receive a ban.

Instead of setting specific rules for people making reports on CD (which feels a bit like a punishment for them), why not introducing specific rules for offenders on CD? Why not saying that if you make an intentional offense on CD, the punishment will be doubled compared to an offense in the rest of the map?

I see what you mean but you are mainly wrong! If you properly punish people with longer bans and re-introduce permanent bans you will definitely reduce the mess on CD. But you might also reduce the number of players which seems to be the biggest concern for TMPs management.

???? That doesn't make sense. Why if you ban all the reckless drivers (I know impossible to have them ALL banned at the same time) would it remain the same?

Oooooh! One of the best suggestions I've read for ages! That would make the trolls sooo confused with their playground closed 😂

Again, this links to several suggestions done many times in the past to make more regular events OUTSITE CD to attract players on other roads. But guess what... the last event, RealOPs, was organised in Calais! 👏

Hey, i will be quoting some of your sentences and explain them as detailed as i can considering that you are new on the community and u may not be aware of what we used to do in the past.

Also, this will be my last reply since i've explained a lot of things already, although you of course will not agree with that cause i'm against something you are suggesting.

You said; 

First point: The first part of the sentence is true, a huge percentage of trolls usually drive around this place, Calais, Duibusg and Kirkenes. However, driving in other areas doesn't mean you will not see trolls around. We never said that if you drive outside the populated areas you will have nothing to report cause it's not true, you can always find (unfortunately) people doing such things.  

Second point: And this one can be combined with the third one. One of the problems is indeed the players who wanna act like GMs reporting every little thing with free cam that are not even bannables. This is a place where many people just wanna farm reports cause they feel this way they have more chances of joining the team, which is not true at all. Having 500 reports accepted changes nothing. Anyway, you mentioned somewhere in your post that this is due to the fact that the in-game system is not 100% efficient which is INDEED TRUE and we are internally working to improve this system.

You said; 

First point: We are giving proper punishment to people who break the rules continuously. We have the rules 2.8 and 2.9 that are always being enforced on the punishments. You don't see that because you are not on the team, which means that you don't know what kind of punishments we issue and how long they are. You can have 2 or 3 active bans but you can still get banned for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 months or even permanent regarless of how many bans you have in that moment. Due to ISP, i cannot give much information about this, but i can tell you that we don't let the trolls get away with the punishments.

Second point: Not true, again, these bans are still being issued when needed.

Third point: We have a strict moderation team that reviews every report and gives a proper punishment according to the rules that were broken and this user's ban history. I won't talk about the rest of this sentence as this falls under the ISP.

You said; 

• Simulation players - being strict and enforce the rules as much as possible with severe punishments for serial offenders and make other areas more attractive than CD 
  • organise many events in other areas to attract people on other roads
  • be super strict and have higher punishments for people making intentional offenses on CD and other highly populated areas 

First point: I've already mentioned this point in another post a few days ago, can't remember where. Considering that you play since 2021, let me explain how some things used to work in the past few years, specially in 2019, 20, 21 and 22. As everyone knows, in 2020 we unfortunately had the COVID-19 pandemic over the world and this leaded to lockdowns and quarantine in almost every single country around the world. This increased A LOT the quantity of players playing in TruckersMP (10k users per day aprox, 4,500 of them in SIM 1 simultaniously playing) which means that we used to issue severe punishments too. We kept this format for some years and we reached the point where if you committed an accident a bit dumb, you would get banned for 2, 3 or even 4 weeks so easily. This leaded to users complaining about punishments cause they were not fair and were so harsh for the offences committed. Now i'm sure you will say "yeah but you have to be severe and strict with those who INTENTIONALLY break the rules" . Trust me that this is still like it used to be, we don't tolerate such behavious and will never support them at all. 

To complete this 1st point, being extremely harsh and severe in the past few years solved nothing and we reached the point where an interesting percentage of users within the servers were ban evaders. Being extremely strict didn't decrease the amount of trolls nor reports either in-game nor web. Now, we are working in other internal things to be equal with every user and to keep the trolls away, but as every community and online game, there's always one of them around.

Second point: I like this idea and support it, although it's out of my control to implement, sadly. Having more events around the world would be great, but for some reason that i don't know, we don't have such things in the servers often at all.

Third point: Already explained in the 1st one.

You said; Finally, there is one very simple thing people need to remember and which explains why people are all on CD: TMP is a multiplayer game. People are here to interact with others and not to drive seeing another player on the other side of the road once every 10 min! If AI traffic was present it would be a different story but it's not there unfortunately. 

Yeah i get it and i also understand why everyone drives there (or almost everyone, including me ofc). As mentioned by Project Management a few months ago in some post, there are plans to implement IA but there's no ETA, unfortunately.

You said; Guess why? Because nobody in-game processed their in-game report to kick the player. That doesn't 100% justify to send a web report but can easily explain it since people want some serial offenders to be punished (if not in-game, later). As I said multiple times, these sort of "kick only" reports should be counted and when the players has been reported 5 times for valid "kick only" offenses (lets say within a month), they should receive a ban. 

Unfortunately yes, our in-game system is not 100% efficient. However, there are many reports that are dealt with after a few hours when the reporter and perpetrator are no longer playing on the servers, which means that if the perpetrator gets banned, the reporter will never be aware that the ban has been issued thanks to his/her report. Our in-game system works, but still needs to be improved somehow. We are already working on it. Regarding the last part of your sentence, there's no way to track how many times an user got kicked in order to issue a ban through a web report. This is not possible due to that reason, HOWEVER, you can STILL GET BANNED IN-GAME if you commit a few kickable offenses and a moderator sees you. If you get kicked for, for example, reckless driving and once u rejoin the server you do the same, you will get banned even if it's again a kickable offense. It works that way, but the moderator needs to see you breaking the same rule twice or more.

You said; I see what you mean but you are mainly wrong! If you properly punish people with longer bans and re-introduce permanent bans you will definitely reduce the mess on CD. But you might also reduce the number of players which seems to be the biggest concern for TMPs management. 

I've already explained it above. We used to be like that and the only thing we had was just more problems than solutions. We had severe and harsh punishments just to see C-D being the same all the time and didn't decrease the numbers AT ALL. But don't worry, we are still like that with trolls and users breaking the rules again and again and again intentionally.

You said; ???? That doesn't make sense. Why if you ban all the reckless drivers (I know impossible to have them ALL banned at the same time) would it remain the same? 

I've been a staff member for almost 4 years, which means that i have access to the report system and in-game stats to see what changes and what doesn't changes. We ban them all and used to ban them all too but C-D never changed and stayed the same. The only solution i see for these problems is directly closing C-D (which actually will just move players somewhere else, and that's why the road doesn't get closed, but instead, gets modifications).

I've tried to be clear and provide my opinion to every point you made. I understand that you may not agree with some points which is totally understable, you have your own opinion and view, so, of course i must respect that. 

Again, this is my last reply to this post cause after all, this is a suggestion and the proper team will deal with it. I just tried to explain why some times can't be changed and to let people know that not everything is really easy to deal with.

Thank you for the discussion and for expressing your views, we appreciate them! ^^ 🙂

Regards, 

El Reja

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

Firstly thanks for being honest and acknowledging things I mentioned which you also agree on.

7 hours ago, El Reja said:

Having 500 reports accepted changes nothing

You're saying that as if it was bad to have 500 accepted report and these people should have much less. Is it bad to report valid offenses?! It's not their fault if people make tones of offenses and this results in many reports which are flooding the report team.

Stop complaining about incoming reports please! This is ridiculous.

I get your point about people trying to join the team etc... But are they creating these offenses?! Don't you think they are also trying to help (on top of being a member of staff)?

We are giving proper punishment to people who break the rules continuously. We have the rules 2.8 and 2.9 that are always being enforced on the punishments. You don't see that because you are not on the team, which means that you don't know what kind of punishments we issue and how long they are. You can have 2 or 3 active bans but you can still get banned for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 months or even permanent regarless of how many bans you have in that moment. Due to ISP, i cannot give much information about this, but i can tell you that we don't let the trolls get away with the punishments.

Below are 2 quick recent examples I picked from my reports list. I don't call that "proper punishments" when you are able to get banned 4 times in less than 2 months!! Nuts!

Active bans: 4

Active bans: 5

These 2 players are clearly not interested in following the rules. And after 2-3 bans you can't say they are new/baby players learning blablabla... Any normal player would learn and make sure to not break the rules after 2-3 bans. I can understand that you can get banned sometimes after some mistake if you drove a bit too fast or had some technical issue etc... But not that often I'm sorry.

Second point: Not true, again, these bans are still being issued when needed.

As far as I can see only people who hack are permanently banned. And the above examples are showing that we are at least waiting a loooong time before banning permanently some players who are obviously not here to follow the rules!

Third point: We have a strict moderation team that reviews every report and gives a proper punishment according to the rules that were broken and this user's ban history. I won't talk about the rest of this sentence as this falls under the ISP.

I agree that the report team is indeed processing well the reports. But the punishments are not good. They are painless and people don't seem to care about them. They come back very quickly on the roads which means constant pain for other players.

8 hours ago, El Reja said:

Trust me that this is still like it used to be, we don't tolerate such behavious and will never support them at all. 

Come on! How can you explain that these 2 players got sooooo many bans in such a short period?! I have the videos and can tell you it was definitely intentional (and of course car drivers)!

To complete this 1st point, being extremely harsh and severe in the past few years solved nothing and we reached the point where an interesting percentage of users within the servers were ban evaders. Being extremely strict didn't decrease the amount of trolls nor reports either in-game nor web. Now, we are working in other internal things to be equal with every user and to keep the trolls away, but as every community and online game, there's always one of them around.

As you said, during these years there were many new players due to COVID. Which probably explains why having more bans didn't really have much effect.

You won't convince me that banning players doesn't reduce the number of bad drivers.

And if there are ban evaders they need to be permanently banned. And if you can't technically do it then tell us. But still not 100% of the banned player will take the risk or time to bypass the ban.

However, there are many reports that are dealt with after a few hours when the reporter and perpetrator are no longer playing on the servers, which means that if the perpetrator gets banned, the reporter will never be aware that the ban has been issued thanks to his/her report.

What? "After a few hours"? My in-game reports always timeout after ~10-20min (don't know the exact time but that's definitely not a few hours!). Are you saying in-game reports get processed even after receiving a system message saying they timed out? If that's the case it's great but a bit confusing 😅

We had severe and harsh punishments just to see C-D being the same all the time and didn't decrease the numbers AT ALL

And as explained above, that's just technically impossible except if you had a big increase of new players like during the COVID period OR if all these banned players were doing ban evading?!

I've tried to be clear and provide my opinion to every point you made. I understand that you may not agree with some points which is totally understable, you have your own opinion and view, so, of course i must respect that. 

Again, this is my last reply to this post cause after all, this is a suggestion and the proper team will deal with it. I just tried to explain why some times can't be changed and to let people know that not everything is really easy to deal with.

Thank you for your time to provide these explanations. Much appreciated. In the end I think we are on the same page for most of the points. But we don't seem to agree on the length of the punishments and their effects.

No need to reply 😉

18 hours ago, Foobrother said:

@ChristmarDK when I read your post I'm wondering why you're a Report Moderator? It seems like you gave up, don't believe there is any way to improve the situation and are not interested anymore in improving the situation. Sad 😔

That is really good question, I can easily answer you on that.
I haven't been in the staff team for pretty long time. I got into the team since May, promoted to report moderator in the end of May. Left temporary in July and came back this month. I have so far, never made it that far to Game Moderation. 

But, if I had something to say, I would have changed some things. (Not going to name it). But, I have some great ideas for server related mostly. But, such changes, I am not able to do for now.

But when driving on CD road. It can be seen that, it haven't changed at all through out the years. It is all the same. - I have been up and down on that road, tons of times and currently stopped driving on that road constantly. (More like less driving on that road 1-2 years ago. But visited it few times since then)

And since this goes nowhere, I am not going to answer the rest. 

But if players sure have some great ideas to implement their ideas to TruckersMP and not keep telling (There is lack of moderation / Why doesn't people get ban / Where are moderator's? / etc). I will then think that TruckersMP team, specially upper staff would try to make it happen and make people happy. But since many tends to complain about CD road not being moderated, it does not help that much. However, as El Reja mentioned. We always looking for improvements to the system etc.

27 minutes ago, ChristmarDK said:

That is really good question, I can easily answer you on that.
I haven't been in the staff team for pretty long time. I got into the team since May, promoted to report moderator in the end of May. Left temporary in July and came back this month. I have so far, never made it that far to Game Moderation. 

But, if I had something to say, I would have changed some things. (Not going to name it). But, I have some great ideas for server related mostly. But, such changes, I am not able to do for now.

But when driving on CD road. It can be seen that, it haven't changed at all through out the years. It is all the same. - I have been up and down on that road, tons of times and currently stopped driving on that road constantly. (More like less driving on that road 1-2 years ago. But visited it few times since then)

And since this goes nowhere, I am not going to answer the rest. 

But if players sure have some great ideas to implement their ideas to TruckersMP and not keep telling (There is lack of moderation / Why doesn't people get ban / Where are moderator's? / etc). I will then think that TruckersMP team, specially upper staff would try to make it happen and make people happy. But since many tends to complain about CD road not being moderated, it does not help that much. However, as El Reja mentioned. We always looking for improvements to the system etc.

I have just counted over 80 game moderators in the staff page (this does not include trainee or report moderators) yet even if you drive C-D you are lucky to even see 1! 

TMP struggle to review 100 in-game reports yet have over 80 Moderators! With that many moderators you would expect i dunno a good 10 online at the same time. Yes I appreciate they have family lives etc, but I am pretty confident when I say some of those do not take the role seriously. It’s like applying to be a presenter on TFM but not having enough hours to go on! 

I obviously don’t know what the requirements are to stay as a moderator, but i strongly believe there needs to be! Each has to commit to 10 hours a-week doing tmp work?

I’ve also suggested in the past that they have a timetable format, each week, the moderator books the slot they will be available to monitor the game (of course they can also jump on any other time) This then shows gabs there will be no Moderators online, meaning people can say “okay i’ll jump on and patrol this area to show a presence”

also, if you have multiple moderators on at the same time, I feel like they need to communicate better to spread them self out. 1 stays in Calais, 2 do C-D road, 1 around Duisburg, 1/2 responding and reviewing reports in-game, 1/2 focusing on other parks of map Then they change roles so who was monitoring Calais goes to do reports but is instantly replaced. 

This is possible, but it takes a lot of communication and planning. But the end result is there will be more moderators online, they are spread out better, you have a couple just responding reports, which then means people get banned or kicked, its a much safer and enjoyable place to drive.  

one day i’d love to be a moderator, I’m literally at home all day 5 days a week, i’d be the type to be patroling areas for like 4/5 hours a day! 😂 

3 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

I have just counted over 80 game moderators in the staff page (this does not include trainee or report moderators) yet even if you drive C-D you are lucky to even see 1! 

TMP struggle to review 100 in-game reports yet have over 80 Moderators! With that many moderators you would expect i dunno a good 10 online at the same time. Yes I appreciate they have family lives etc, but I am pretty confident when I say some of those do not take the role seriously. It’s like applying to be a presenter on TFM but not having enough hours to go on! 

I obviously don’t know what the requirements are to stay as a moderator, but i strongly believe there needs to be! Each has to commit to 10 hours a-week doing tmp work?

I’ve also suggested in the past that they have a timetable format, each week, the moderator books the slot they will be available to monitor the game (of course they can also jump on any other time) This then shows gabs there will be no Moderators online, meaning people can say “okay i’ll jump on and patrol this area to show a presence”

also, if you have multiple moderators on at the same time, I feel like they need to communicate better to spread them self out. 1 stays in Calais, 2 do C-D road, 1 around Duisburg, 1/2 responding and reviewing reports in-game, 1/2 focusing on other parks of map Then they change roles so who was monitoring Calais goes to do reports but is instantly replaced. 

This is possible, but it takes a lot of communication and planning. But the end result is there will be more moderators online, they are spread out better, you have a couple just responding reports, which then means people get banned or kicked, its a much safer and enjoyable place to drive.  

one day i’d love to be a moderator, I’m literally at home all day 5 days a week, i’d be the type to be patroling areas for like 4/5 hours a day! 😂 

I don't know the country your from Bro..

But I believe your country has or have thousand of police men and women..

Not to talk about other factors I mean other uniform men and women....

So.. my question is..

with all the police men and women in your country...

Did it stop Crime ?

And Remember they are paid for their services full time ....

Yet... Did it stop Crime ???

14 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

I don't know the country your from Bro..

But I believe your country has or have thousand of police men and women..

Not to talk about other factors I mean other uniform men and women....

So.. my question is..

with all the police men and women in your country...

Did it stop Crime ?

And Remember they are paid for their services full time ....

Yet... Did it stop Crime ???

Nobody is saying it is going to STOP, but it was certainly be a deterrent and will reduce crime!