Jump to content

Calais F7 one way system


MartinV90

Recommended Posts

Suggestion Name: Calais F7 one way system 

 

Suggestion Description: At the moment going in/out of F7 in Calais is a bloody nightmare, you have people going straight in front of F7 entrance in 2 directions (left to right and right to left), you can enter the F7 by 2 directions (from the right/left), you can leave by 2 directions(right/left). My suggestion is to make that road in front of F7 a one way system (right to left) meaning you can only enter the garage from right side, and can only leave turning left (meaning you can NOT enter from left or exit right!) Coming into Calais at that set of traffic lights, make it a right turn only (no going straight) which would mean the road ahead (Road infront of F7 is a one way system, and you drive past Ownable garage to get to that F7 road) 

 

Any example images: Unfortunately, I have no experience with photo editing, so I can’t make any graphics, showing my suggestion 

 

Why it should be added: traffic easily builds up on that road with people wanting to go in all directions, by making it “one way” i feel it will make traffic flow better.


i hope this suggestion makes sense, in my head i know what i am trying to say but working it, not so easy!!   

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Randall_1903 said:

Hello! I think this might ease the traffic a bit.

Yes!! When you actually sit and watch the entrance to the F7, you get to see what the problem is traffic coming from all directions, and nobody lets each other out! Restricting traffic to only come in one direction Would really help keep traffic flowing and stop collisions when not in Ghost mode anymore! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

I've done a better idea. I've converted the city into a 1 way system.

image.png

Purple: Close that ramp. Forces all traffic to the port/roundabout area. Both city exits can stay as is.

 

However, knowing staff, they won't do any changes because they cater to what majority of players want. Making things better is a nope from them.

I know I literally don’t understand why they wouldn’t want to make traffic flow better. It literally makes the experience much better for everybody and they get less reports and have to kick less people! The F7 one way in Duisburg works really well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, MartinV90 said:

I know I literally don’t understand why they wouldn’t want to make traffic flow better. It literally makes the experience much better for everybody and they get less reports and have to kick less people! The F7 one way in Duisburg works really well 

Because they would be getting complaints from the majority of CD Players: "This one way sucks. Return it to how it used to be."

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Because they would be getting complaints from the majority of CD Players: "This one way sucks. Return it to how it used to be."

It sucks because smart people would use back entrance to reach the three companies in the city, making those back streets one way would force them to plow through whole lot of not too bright people who would be mostly ignoring no entry signs anyway.

And smart people don't F7.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Granite said:

It sucks because smart people would use back entrance to reach the three companies in the city, making those back streets one way would force them to plow through whole lot of not too bright people who would be mostly ignoring no entry signs anyway.

And smart people don't F7.

I have proposed a revamp to the city itself. But, they don't want to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be easier to get in and out of if they moved it off the entrance to Calais, but also then provided a second exit, then made it one way like the fuel stations. Entering one side and leaving the other. Forcing everyone to go one way out of the fuel station may actually just make traffic worse and they are all having to use the quieter roads in Calais, making them busier. Yes it may mean less slamming on the accelerator when leaving the F7, but it would just cause more traffic at other intersections that are quieter at the moment.
 

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!
 

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like Duisburg, Calais needs a rework.

 

Repair stop far away of the garage and the exit/entrace of the city and companies. I think it would be nice to have more than one road to leave the city and a gas station like Duisburg to ease the traffic on the first gas station in the Calais/Duisburg road. 

I don't know how to edit photos, so I did it with paint 🤣 with the actual city would be amazing to have a secondary road like this.

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-21 132424.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, SmokeD said:

Like Duisburg, Calais needs a rework.

 

Repair stop far away of the garage and the exit/entrace of the city and companies. I think it would be nice to have more than one road to leave the city and a gas station like Duisburg to ease the traffic on the first gas station in the Calais/Duisburg road. 

I don't know how to edit photos, so I did it with paint 🤣 with the actual city would be amazing to have a secondary road like this.

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-21 132424.png

 

According to the shown map, the majority of players don't use the road that leads to the big roundabout north of the city.

Why not?

 

Before building new roads, I'd suggest to use the already existing roads.

For that, block the exit to the city for traffic that approaches from the south and lead them over the roundabout.

Let them leave the city to the south. Something like this:

spacer.png

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

 

According to the shown map, the majority of players don't use the road that leads to the big roundabout north of the city.

Why not?

 

Before building new roads, I'd suggest to use the already existing roads.

For that, block the exit to the city for traffic that approaches from the south and lead them over the roundabout.

Let them leave the city to the south. Something like this:

spacer.png

 

 

You have a point. I always use that highway to enter and leave the city, its impossible to enter and leave the city using the shortest way.

I think that you have a good idea blocking roads

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.