Add the Real Simulation Server back again.

A speed limit of 90 km/h would be really good for those who want a real simulation, but I don't think there are many people like that, and I guess there would always be no more than 100-200 people online. Anyway, I think it would be good to do it for a test and see if the players like it, maybe it would be really popular who knows. 

1 hour ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Wasn't Simulation 2 the real sim server before it went arcadey and forced everyone to Sim 1?

Well, as far as I remember, there was a limit of 110 km/h, isn't it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Wasn't Simulation 2 the real sim server before it went arcadey and forced everyone to Sim 1?

Sim2 was the same as Sim1, it was changed to have a 150 Km/h speed limit because that's what supposedly a majority of the players wanted but... It seems that the majority didn't notice the change or that they didn't actually want a higher speed limit.

ON-TOPIC: This suggestion should have never been necessary if "Back to basics" had been done properly. Back before Road to Simulation, there was EU#1 with 90 Km/h limit, no cars allowed and EU#2 with 150 Km/h limit and cars allowed. Back to basics changed Simulation 2 server to be like the old EU#2 but it didn't change Simulation 1 to be like the old EU#1.

Other than that, non-collisions is needed anywhere a vehicle is supposed to spawn, like companies, service stations, ferry crossings, etc. otherwise a spawning vehicle could appear inside another one already in the same spot and... Two solid objects can't exist in the same space and time... Catastrophic results.

And for those who remember the times before Road to Simulation, EU#1 used to have barely 100-200 players while EU#2 used to be full most of the time (peak hours, of course) with more than 4000 players.

Changing Simulation 1 to be like the old EU#1 would be right for "Back to basics" to finally become true, but...

1 - Most players would switch to Simulation 2, leaving Simulation 1 mostly empty most of the time. Empty roads 99% of the time, not the best environment for those who want to simulate.

2 - If a majority of the players switched to the 150 Km/h limited server, the current situation with the reckless driving, the overload in the report system, etc. would become a lot worse.

I honestly doubt that anything will be done in this regard.

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

8 hours ago, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Proposal Name: 

Suggestion Description: 
- The entire server consists of collision, including in the companies.
- A maximum of 90 kmh may be driven on the server ( WoT). 
- The limit in the cities is 50 kmh
- The use of cars is not allowed. 

Any sample images:
 No.

Why should it be added?
It is with great regret that a not insignificant part of the community has to realise that the servers are developing more and more into a racing event. The realistic driving and playing of a truck simulation is completely overshadowed by reckless drivers who confuse GTA with ETS and racers who drive recklessly and at completely unrealistic speeds. It has long since ceased to be about playing a realistic truck simulation with friends and others, but only about whether you can still get your freight to its destination at all. 

That's why I would like to see, and I'm sure many others would too, a place where this truck simulation can be played in peace with friends. 

I am always open to suggestions or other constructive opinions.

Good Idea

• HaulieLove 1

8 hours ago, Dallas. said:

A speed limit of 90 km/h would be really good for those who want a real simulation, but I don't think there are many people like that, and I guess there would always be no more than 100-200 people online. Anyway, I think it would be good to do it for a test and see if the players like it, maybe it would be really popular who knows. 

Well, as far as I remember, there was a limit of 110 km/h, isn't it?

Except in cities where you have a forced speed limit of 60.

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Sim2 was the same as Sim1, it was changed to have a 150 Km/h speed limit because that's what supposedly a majority of the players wanted but... It seems that the majority didn't notice the change or that they didn't actually want a higher speed limit.

ON-TOPIC: This suggestion should have never been necessary if "Back to basics" had been done properly. Back before Road to Simulation, there was EU#1 with 90 Km/h limit, no cars allowed and EU#2 with 150 Km/h limit and cars allowed. Back to basics changed Simulation 2 server to be like the old EU#2 but it didn't change Simulation 1 to be like the old EU#1.

Other than that, non-collisions is needed anywhere a vehicle is supposed to spawn, like companies, service stations, ferry crossings, etc. otherwise a spawning vehicle could appear inside another one already in the same spot and... Two solid objects can't exist in the same space and time... Catastrophic results.

And for those who remember the times before Road to Simulation, EU#1 used to have barely 100-200 players while EU#2 used to be full most of the time (peak hours, of course) with more than 4000 players.

Changing Simulation 1 to be like the old EU#1 would be right for "Back to basics" to finally become true, but...

1 - Most players would switch to Simulation 2, leaving Simulation 1 mostly empty most of the time. Empty roads 99% of the time, not the best environment for those who want to simulate.

2 - If a majority of the players switched to the 150 Km/h limited server, the current situation with the reckless driving, the overload in the report system, etc. would become a lot worse.

IRL, when there's not enough spaces and a company has more trucks then spaces, the queueing trucks will park off to the side of the delivery zone, and wait their turn.

Yep. I remember those days. Sim 2 is what my old potato played on.

What they actually need to do to get "back to basics"

1. Setup only 1 Simulation server.
  2. Have that server use custom configs, sleep simulation, traffic offenses, ect so that everybody has the same laws.
  3. Use the scripts for the city forced speed limits and apply it to every road that isn't 110.
  4. Disable the usage of cars & alternating vehicles on this server.
  5. Change a different server to Arcade and allow cars, alternating vehicles, and anything else that keeps it an arcadey feeling.
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Except in cities where you have a forced speed limit of 60.

IRL, when there's not enough spaces and a company has more trucks then spaces, the queueing trucks will park off to the side of the delivery zone, and wait their turn.

Yep. I remember those days. Sim 2 is what my old potato played on.

What they actually need to do to get "back to basics"

1. Setup only 1 Simulation server.
  2. Have that server use custom configs, sleep simulation, traffic offenses, ect so that everybody has the same laws.
  3. Use the scripts for the city forced speed limits and apply it to every road that isn't 110.
  4. Disable the usage of cars & alternating vehicles on this server.
  5. Change a different server to Arcade and allow cars, alternating vehicles, and anything else that keeps it an arcadey feeling.

Spoiler

In the end, the serious question is to what extent TruckersMP is actually willing to give the simulation community a platform again. I mean, it doesn't have to be too big a server in my eyes. For a start, 300-500 slots are enough. 

Many people are interested in relatively realistic driving, and this is not really possible on the given servers at the moment.

Simulation 1: The only server that comes close to a reasonable simulation is hopelessly overcrowded with trolls, cars and reckless racers.

Simulation 2: The server that so many people wanted as a race server after the survey is not an option for simulation players. let's be honest, what truck can drive 150 kmh? 
The simulation 2 server is used 90 percent by convoys and people who either don't have a very good gaming connection or whose PC is not suitable for too large a group of players. 

I therefore believe that a test phase of a simulation 3 (realistic) server is not too bad an idea, and that it will also be accepted by a number of people. 

(Played ETS2 more than 9.000 hours in TruckersMP)

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

Only when the last exhaust pipe is cold,
the most beautiful truck is banned,
the most experienced truckers are punished,
then you will be amazed to realise
that you can't drive your own food and shit.

Welcome to the VTC "On the road".

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

Let's be honest.... no one wants to be alone. So come to VTC Auf Achse today.

2 hours ago, SirGagalot said:

A more realistic approach would be more enforcement. More police (hire more easy people in police) with only TPR/TPRK  tools.  

i completely agree. it would definitely be a sensible approach.

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

2 hours ago, SirGagalot said:

A more realistic approach would be more enforcement. More police (hire more easy people in police) with only TPR/TPRK  tools.  

Don’t think that would work because you would just get people teleporting people for the fun of it. 

A better approach would be to implement some sort of TMP driving license, and it shows details of distance traveled (on that server), Income from Jobs, fines for jumping red lights, speeding and the number of offense would show up on your license which could be shown on your TMP profile. TMP could also disable us being able to turn off traffic offenses.  

EXAMPLE

Distance Driven on Jobs: 250,000km

Income From Jobs: £1,865.295

speeding offenses: 6

Red Light Offenses: 15

(Converted into a driving license style photo)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

Don’t think that would work because you would just get people teleporting people for the fun of it. 

A better approach would be to implement some sort of TMP driving license, and it shows details of distance traveled (on that server), Income from Jobs, fines for jumping red lights, speeding and the number of offense would show up on your license which could be shown on your TMP profile. TMP could also disable us being able to turn off traffic offenses.  

EXAMPLE

Distance Driven on Jobs: 250,000km

Income From Jobs: £1,865.295

speeding offenses: 6

Red Light Offenses: 15

(Converted into a driving license style photo)

That would be also fun too, having an actual driving license in the game with your history too.

22 hours ago, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Proposal Name: 

Suggestion Description: 
- The entire server consists of collision, including in the companies.
- A maximum of 90 kmh may be driven on the server ( WoT). 
- The limit in the cities is 50 kmh
- The use of cars is not allowed. 

Any sample images:
 No.

Why should it be added?
It is with great regret that a not insignificant part of the community has to realise that the servers are developing more and more into a racing event. The realistic driving and playing of a truck simulation is completely overshadowed by reckless drivers who confuse GTA with ETS and racers who drive recklessly and at completely unrealistic speeds. It has long since ceased to be about playing a realistic truck simulation with friends and others, but only about whether you can still get your freight to its destination at all. 

That's why I would like to see, and I'm sure many others would too, a place where this truck simulation can be played in peace with friends. 

I am always open to suggestions or other constructive opinions.

very good idea 

18 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

As you said, the ''back to basics'' was more than poorly implemented. The bottom line is that it would help everyone if cars and alternative vehicles were not allowed on simulation 1.

Trucker wisdom:

@[GER] Kev_hapunkt,

I thank you for bringing up the attention to this important topic.

And I'd like to extend your suggestion by the sole usage of non-tweakable, server-sided user profiles.

This would make it difficult to impossible to cheat astronomic cash balances, experience and levels, and would require users to actually complete jobs to earn money for arising costs.

It would reduce the number of reckless driving users within a short period of time, latest when they ran out of money.

Speaking of which, no /fix-command on such a server either.

One more thing: AI traffic for the deserted areas, e.g. user number per area lower than xy.

Good luck with your suggestion!

i don't agree with the speed limits, nor the no-cars policy but perhaps a REALLY realistic idea would be:

-Adding those suggested speed limits TO TRUCKS ONLY

-Giving the cars NO speed limit for realism purposes, but ofcourse there's the disadvantage of idiots and trolls speeding and wrecking into everyone, so the solution to that? harsh, extreme BANS for people who ruin others experience ON PURPOSE, i'm talking about 3-6-12 months bans(and bring back permanent bans for ban evaders + ip perma-bans), but if they do crash mistakenly however yet it's still their fault keep the normal ban lengths and for people who have less than 1 month old accounts who troll/drive reckless and crash also straight up PERMA-BANS or 1 year bans atleast, so that way everyone can be happy 🙂

now this, is the REAL simulation if you ask me

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

i don't agree with the speed limits, nor the no-cars policy but perhaps a REALLY realistic idea would be:

-Adding those suggested speed limits TO TRUCKS ONLY

-Giving the cars NO speed limit for realism purposes, but ofcourse there's the disadvantage of idiots and trolls speeding and wrecking into everyone, so the solution to that? harsh, extreme BANS for people who ruin others experience ON PURPOSE, i'm talking about 3-6-12 months bans(and bring back permanent bans for ban evaders + ip perma-bans), but if they do crash mistakenly however yet it's still their fault keep the normal ban lengths and for people who have less than 1 month old accounts who troll/drive reckless and crash also straight up PERMA-BANS or 1 year bans atleast, so that way everyone can be happy 🙂

now this, is the REAL simulation if you ask me

I think you have not understood the meaning of the proposal. This is exactly about having a decent truck simulation again without cars. 

The cars are the biggest problem in this game.

Trucker wisdom:

I think the point about the no /fix command is very good and will add it above.

The other two points are also very appealing, but I don't know how feasible they are.

Trucker wisdom:

2 hours ago, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

I think you have not understood the meaning of the proposal. This is exactly about having a decent truck simulation again without cars. 

The cars are the biggest problem in this game.

yes i understood, but what you're asking is the opposite of realism and simulation, its more of a make TMP more boring than it already is just bc some ppl drive recklessly so let's punish everyone for it

7 hours ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

yes i understood, but what you're asking is the opposite of realism and simulation, its more of a make TMP more boring than it already is just bc some ppl drive recklessly so let's punish everyone for it

No, it's not about making all servers like this, but just adding one with these rules.

Trucker wisdom:

29 minutes ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

this i agree with! 😄 i apologise, i thought you were suggesting changing the current rules of simulation 1 to these new suggested rules

no no just add a new Server with this rules

Trucker wisdom: