"Like" system

Hi!

I was doing the Kirkenes route, there were few players online so the few that we came across respected each other, I thanked some of them and then I thought: we have a reporting system for players who don't behave well, what about the good ones truckers?

That is my idea today, a system to give "like" to good players, and that in some way is reflected, it will motivate more respect and it will look good.

Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

Hi @PahanCafa

Welcome to the forum.

Typically verbal feedback is more greatly appreciated than clicking a button. As you've said, you thanked some of the people you met along your way. I firmly believe that this act alone suffices and completes the act of giving feedback. Therefore, I'm not in support of, nor do I see a need for your suggestion.

That being said, it'd be helpful to know more about how you intend for this to be achieved? Would it be an additional UI element? How would your feedback reach the other player? 

🙂

Hi , @PahanCafa
Thanks for expressing your opinions via the Truckersmp Forum.

All players already have certain authorisations, titles and fame in their profiles.
When people interact with each other on the forum, the points we call [ reputation ] can be mutually given by the players.

Drivers with patreon accounts already have various special rights. 

feel free to get in touch if you have any problems.  Support

3RapOpo.png  

Hi, thanks all for the answers! And by the link to the explanation of the badges 😊

I delve into the idea, and I regret if it is not well understood, I help myself with the translator.

Giving thanks for the chat and even honking is gratifying, I don't intend for that to be a substitute. What I propose is not to thank the moment, but a more long-term recognition. For example, after 10 likes, a star next to the name, or something that can be seen with the naked eye, you could even introduce badges or paintings when you achieve certain amounts of likes.

Returning to the original idea, the goal is to compensate for the constant good behavior, so this like counter could be reset every month, or every certain time (after all, the world does not behave properly always, so a reset of the counter would be good). Or even, in order not to reset the counter from 0, you could lose points automatically over time.

An example. With 10 likes I win a symbol next to my name per respectful trucker, with a cumulative maximum of 20. You lose 1 point daily, so if I last two weeks without playing, when I reconnect I will have only 6 points and I will no longer have the recognition, unless they leave me more likes.

Another example. The same system of likes, but that every month is restarted, or the points are reduced by half.

It is the basis, it can be made more complex or simpler, but there is the idea. As I say, you could also implement recognitions in the forum, or special paintings for trucks (a painting for which you accumulate 100 likes over time, 1000, and so on). In the end, most of the players do not enter the forums. I see it as an easy and practical method for both casual gamers and daily truckers.

I hope that it will at least serve as a basis for future developments. Better that there are too many ideas, than that they are missing 🤗

It sounds good, in theory. Here are my problems with it

• Can you give a like from anywhere on the server or do they have to be within TAB view's range?
  • How can you and others see the likes? Will it be a colored chat message? Will it be a UI indicator under their name? New command: /likes?
  • What's the timeframe on the likes they have? Is it shown on a weekly basis? Monthly? Or, acclimation over time (ex: 5,598 over 3 years)?
  • Is it similar to /pinfo, where you do /like id? How would you actually give them a like?
  • If a like is gave to the wrong player, can it be changed or is it locked in until a cooldown lets you use it again? How would it prevent someone from giving a like to the same person and falsely boosting their rep?

We already have passing by honks and a chat to say nice things. Unless this is going to have a use, besides playing favorites, i don't see the point to adding it.

• 6 months later...