Is it right to kick or ban a player who blocks a road?

LUPO (ITA)

Hello. 

I would like to know your opinion on what you think of a certain thing. 

In your opinion, is it right for a player to be banned if he blocks a road or are you more aware that that player could only be kicked from the game server (without ban)? 

On the C-D road for example or to Kirkenes? 

Thank you for answers and always drive carefully 😉

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Hello!

In my opinion the players who blocks the road must be banned. What's your opinion about this question?

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

28 minutes ago, !drkYVZ said:

Hello!

In my opinion the players who blocks the road must be banned. What's your opinion about this question?

Hello. 

In my opinion, banning a player who blocks a road is excessive. For me the ban in those cases should only be in areas where there are 25 players or more nearby to the block. In less important and serious cases only the kick may be necessary. 

For example on a road there is a player who blocks the road but there are only a few players is not serious. The important thing is that the road is freed from the block with the kick or with f7 of the player. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Aurris

Why? If a player is intentionally blocking a road for a long period of time to ruin others' experience, why shouldn't they be banned?

Players who block roads should definitely be banned, regardless of the player count. Who wants to spend their time constantly stuck behind an intentional roadblock set up by some troublemaker? If blocking a road only results in a kick, it encourages more trolling and griefing. People will eventually get frustrated and might start avoiding playing on TruckersMP altogether. 

1 hour ago, Grozoth said:

At least kick the player or send them to a garage if he's not doing it on purpose. If it's intentional then kick first then ban after.

The impact on gameplay remains the same, and determining intent is often impractical. If someone's truck flips over, and they remain where they are long enough to cause a jam instead of hitting F7 + Enter, that's pretty much intentional blocking. Same thing if they decide to drive on a road with a trailer they can't handle and block the road. You see this mostly at the gas stations on C-D road. People get triple/double trailers, then block both lanes because they can't make a turn and insist that they will without empathizing with other players.

1 hour ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

For example on a road there is a player who blocks the road but there are only a few players is not serious. The important thing is that the road is freed from the block with the kick or with f7 of the player. 

Dealing with the core issue is generally more effective than creating alternative solutions. If you first deal with the root cause of an issue, you can prevent it from recurring and create a more sustainable solution. While yes, alternative solutions like this may provide temporary relief or workarounds, they often do not address the underlying issue, leading to potential unresolved problems in the future. So in general it is more beneficial to focus on resolving the core problem directly to make long-term improvements.

11 minutes ago, Aurris said:

Why? If a player is intentionally blocking a road for a long period of time to ruin others' experience, why shouldn't they be banned?

Players who block roads should definitely be banned, regardless of the player count. Who wants to spend their time constantly stuck behind an intentional roadblock set up by some troublemaker? If blocking a road only results in a kick, it encourages more trolling and griefing. People will eventually get frustrated and might start avoiding playing on TruckersMP altogether. 

If all players who block a road should be banned from the game, then it would be full of banned players because it happens very often that players drive badly and eventually block the road because of some accident or because they do not move. Especially even in this period in the streets of Calais for example. 

Remember that the ban must be for something serious. Not for all blocks. If there was only a ban, what would be the use of a kick? 

It's one thing to block an entire road for both carriageways with multiple players waiting and it's nerve-wracking. A very different thing is to stop on your own path with a few players who can also overtake without waiting for a kick of the player that block a road. 

• Upvote 1

Hello! I guess I didn't say it clearly. I want to clarify what I am trying to say. In my opinion the players who blocks the road in calais-duisburg road or kirkenes must be banned. Other cities must be kicked. I hope I wrote it clearly.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Guest Aurris
21 minutes ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

If all players who block a road should be banned from the game, then it would be full of banned players because it happens very often that players drive badly and eventually block the road because of some accident or because they do not move. Especially even in this period in the streets of Calais for example. 

Remember that the ban must be for something serious. Not for all blocks. If there was only a ban, what would be the use of a kick? 

Well, game moderators do show quite a tolerance towards roadblockers, they are mostly teleported to the service station and kicked (TPRK), unless they insist on not getting out of there and keep blocking the road. So I don't get what you're trying to say here. 

It's one thing to block an entire road for both carriageways with multiple players waiting and it's nerve-wracking. A very different thing is to stop on your own path with a few players who can also overtake without waiting for a kick of the player that block a road.

You aren't getting banned for stopping for a few seconds if players are able to overtake you, unless it is for an extended period of time in a crowded area. You said that blocking shouldn't result in a ban unless it affects more than 25 players and that instead of banning the roadblocker so they learn their lesson, players should keep looking for temporary ways to get around it.

Imagine a player blocking a motorway with his truck & trailer. There are 5 other players in the area and they use /disconnect or F7 Enter to get around it, which is the logical thing to do instead of waiting for an admin to deal with him. Someone reports the roadblocker because he is ruining others' experience by forcing them to look for unrealistic ways of getting around the roadblocker. Then the admin goes ahead and declines the report, because apparently not enough players were affected, totally ignoring the griefing. Does this make any sense to you?

Whether it annoys one player or a hundred, intentionally blocking the road messes up the gameplay and ruins the fun for everyone involved. Giving lighter punishments like a kick instead of a ban based on the player count would basically be saying that it's cool to do whatever you want as long as a bunch of people are bothered. That's not fair and goes against the whole point of creating an enjoyable gaming environment for everyone. The impact on other players' experience and the disruption caused should be the primary factors in determining the appropriate punishment.

First of all, Hello!

If the player is blocking the road on purpose, he should be banned. If his trailer is stuck or he can't move his truck, they should give him some time, if he's over it for more than 1 minute, he should be kicked. In short, I think it should be decided according to the situation.

Best regards

ΛRDΛ K~

2 hours ago, Aurris said:

Well, game moderators do show quite a tolerance towards roadblockers, they are mostly teleported to the service station and kicked (TPRK), unless they insist on not getting out of there and keep blocking the road. So I don't get what you're trying to say here. 

You aren't getting banned for stopping for a few seconds if players are able to overtake you, unless it is for an extended period of time in a crowded area. You said that blocking shouldn't result in a ban unless it affects more than 25 players and that instead of banning the roadblocker so they learn their lesson, players should keep looking for temporary ways to get around it.

Imagine a player blocking a motorway with his truck & trailer. There are 5 other players in the area and they use /disconnect or F7 Enter to get around it, which is the logical thing to do instead of waiting for an admin to deal with him. Someone reports the roadblocker because he is ruining others' experience by forcing them to look for unrealistic ways of getting around the roadblocker. Then the admin goes ahead and declines the report, because apparently not enough players were affected, totally ignoring the griefing. Does this make any sense to you?

Whether it annoys one player or a hundred, intentionally blocking the road messes up the gameplay and ruins the fun for everyone involved. Giving lighter punishments like a kick instead of a ban based on the player count would basically be saying that it's cool to do whatever you want as long as a bunch of people are bothered. That's not fair and goes against the whole point of creating an enjoyable gaming environment for everyone. The impact on other players' experience and the disruption caused should be the primary factors in determining the appropriate punishment.

If this is the case as you say and you want to ban any player who blocks the road, why then I have sometimes reported players who blocked and the report was declined? How do you explain this decision? 

1 hour ago, ΛRDΛ K~ said:

First of all, Hello!

If the player is blocking the road on purpose, he should be banned. If his trailer is stuck or he can't move his truck, they should give him some time, if he's over it for more than 1 minute, he should be kicked. In short, I think it should be decided according to the situation.

Best regards

ΛRDΛ K~

Hello. 

Is that right. I agree with you. Thanks. 

Best regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

10 hours ago, Aurris said:

The impact on gameplay remains the same, and determining intent is often impractical. If someone's truck flips over, and they remain where they are long enough to cause a jam instead of hitting F7 + Enter, that's pretty much intentional blocking. Same thing if they decide to drive on a road with a trailer they can't handle and block the road. You see this mostly at the gas stations on C-D road. People get triple/double trailers, then block both lanes because they can't make a turn and insist that they will without empathizing with other players.

If their trucks flips and they don't F7 then that's when the Game mods can either Kick or Teleport them away if the flipped truck decides to stay there. Any normal person would immidetly F7 if that were the case. Plus if they are turning in to the gas stations (On the other side of the road) they shouldn't be doing that. There's fuel stations on both sides if im correct so just use the one on their side of the road. Plus if they were decent enough and used triple trailers they would have enough fuel for their journey anyway. It's unrealistic anyway if there's loads of vehicles and they are trying to get to the fuel station on the other side of the road...

image.png.a8bbd4ab28b2c597a04547b8e4bd7e48.png

Prime Logistics - Driver (Apprentice)

spacer.png

Hello ROMANISTA [ITA],

In my opinion, it would be important to

establish a clearer rule regarding road blocking. For instance, if a player blocks a road for 5 minutes, they should be banned. Prior to that, a kick would be sufficient. I have experienced multiple instances where I was insulted by players while still loading into the game, which is frustrating.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:25 PM, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Hello. 

I would like to know your opinion on what you think of a certain thing. 

In your opinion, is it right for a player to be banned if he blocks a road or are you more aware that that player could only be kicked from the game server (without ban)? 

On the C-D road for example or to Kirkenes? 

Thank you for answers and always drive carefully 😉

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

In certain situations, a player may be observed obstructing a roadway in order to attach a trailer that was previously missed or to return to the road after being involved in a collision. In these cases, it may be appropriate to impose a teleport or kickable offense rather than a ban. However, deliberate blocking by a player in a high-traffic area, such as a two-lane road in Calais, can cause significant traffic congestion and create a hazardous situation for other players. In such cases, a ban may be necessary to address the behavior. Similarly, players who brake suddenly and without reason, causing significant collisions, are also engaging in blocking behavior and should be subject to a ban. These are my personal opinions on the matter.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

14 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

Similarly, players who brake suddenly and without reason, causing significant collisions, are also engaging in blocking behavior and should be subject to a ban. These are my personal opinions on the matter.

I don't think this is right because a person MUST always keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front according to road rules in real life. If this is a game this does not mean that a player can drive as he wants. Also considered that it is a simulation game and not a racing game. It would be useless to ban if a player creates a collision with the vehicle behind him because the player behind, if he keeps the safety distance and road limits surely he will have time to brake without creating accidents and road blocks. Often players travel with the nose of their truck close to the trailer of the truck in front of them and this is not regular. Even if a player brakes for no reason, a collision can be avoided with a safe distance. 

18 hours ago, Macpherson2001 said:

Hello ROMANISTA [ITA],

In my opinion, it would be important to

establish a clearer rule regarding road blocking. For instance, if a player blocks a road for 5 minutes, they should be banned. Prior to that, a kick would be sufficient. I have experienced multiple instances where I was insulted by players while still loading into the game, which is frustrating.

Hello @Macpherson2001,

I agree. Your opinion seems fair and I thank you for taking the time to answer on this topic. 

8 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

I don't think this is right because a person MUST always keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front according to road rules in real life. If this is a game this does not mean that a player can drive as he wants. Also considered that it is a simulation game and not a racing game. It would be useless to ban if a player creates a collision with the vehicle behind him because the player behind, if he keeps the safety distance and road limits surely he will have time to brake without creating accidents and road blocks. Often players travel with the nose of their truck close to the trailer of the truck in front of them and this is not regular. Even if a player brakes for no reason, a collision can be avoided with a safe distance. 

It appears that my point has not been fully understood. While it is indeed recommended to maintain a fair distance from the player in front of you, my concern lies with those individuals who engage in reckless driving or trolling behavior. These individuals are often new to the game and I have personally encountered many such players. They may suddenly brake from maximum speed to zero, even if ample space has been given behind them, resulting in at least a minor collision. It is my belief that such behavior should be immediately banned without the need for kicking. Have you also encountered such players? I hope that my point is now clear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion, blocking a road in a multiplayer game like TruckersMP can be a frustrating and disruptive behavior for other players. The purpose of the game is to simulate a realistic trucking experience, and blocking a road goes against the principles of fair play, cooperation, and maintaining a smooth traffic flow.

While it is difficult for me to provide a definitive judgment on the appropriate punishment for such actions, there are a few factors to consider.

Kicking a player from the game server without imposing a ban can serve as a warning and a way to temporarily remove the disruptive player from the situation. This can help to address the immediate issue and allow the blocked road to be cleared. Kicking is a milder punishment that allows the player to quickly rejoin the game and potentially learn from their mistake.

However, in some cases, particularly when a player repeatedly engages in disruptive behavior, a ban may be considered necessary. A ban can be seen as a more severe measure to discourage the player from engaging in such behavior in the future and protect the overall gameplay experience for other users.

Ultimately, the decision on whether to ban a player or simply kick them from the server for blocking a road rests with the game's developers and administrators. They are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the game and creating an enjoyable experience for all players. The specific circumstances, severity of the disruption, and the player's history of infractions may all play a role in determining the appropriate course of action.

15 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

It appears that my point has not been fully understood. While it is indeed recommended to maintain a fair distance from the player in front of you, my concern lies with those individuals who engage in reckless driving or trolling behavior. These individuals are often new to the game and I have personally encountered many such players. They may suddenly brake from maximum speed to zero, even if ample space has been given behind them, resulting in at least a minor collision. It is my belief that such behavior should be immediately banned without the need for kicking. Have you also encountered such players? I hope that my point is now clear.

Who tries to create a collision in any way there is a ban but first of all my question on this topic is addressed to those who block a road and do not who create collisions. Secondly, I agree with this fact to a certain extent. Because if you are a person who does not keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you, it is obvious that when a person brakes (suddenly or slowly) you do not have time to brake and consequently you make a collision. I've never seen players suddenly brake for no reason. Maybe if you see on the navigator that there is a traffic jam of players further ahead, SLOW DOWN AND THEN BRAKE. Don't go 110 km/h and then bump into other players. I see players who, even if they notice a traffic jam, continue to run. Does it seem normal to you? This is imprudence and players like this should be banned, especially even those who do not respect the safety distance because they are often the ones who want to create collisions with others. I hope I have been clear this time. 

5 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Who tries to create a collision in any way there is a ban but first of all my question on this topic is addressed to those who block a road and do not who create collisions. Secondly, I agree with this fact to a certain extent. Because if you are a person who does not keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you, it is obvious that when a person brakes (suddenly or slowly) you do not have time to brake and consequently you make a collision. I've never seen players suddenly brake for no reason. Maybe if you see on the navigator that there is a traffic jam of players further ahead, SLOW DOWN AND THEN BRAKE. Don't go 110 km/h and then bump into other players. I see players who, even if they notice a traffic jam, continue to run. Does it seem normal to you? This is imprudence and players like this should be banned, especially even those who do not respect the safety distance because they are often the ones who want to create collisions with others. I hope I have been clear this time. 

In conclusion, if a player deliberately blocks an area with high population or any location for an extended period, I believe that a ban from the game for a few days, approximately 1-3 days, would serve as an effective punishment. Such a penalty would teach the player not to repeat the offense. On the other hand, kicking the player out of the game would not have the desired effect, as the player may not care and repeat the offense immediately after the kick. While some players may learn from their mistakes following a kick, each player is unique, and we cannot generalize their behavior.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1