"Concerns and Accountability in Simulation Server: Upholding Prohibition Criteria and Ensuring Fair Consequences"

SxDarkness

A while ago, I wrote a topic about prohibition criteria. I received a response stating that in a simulation server, all traffic signals should be respected, such as yielding the right of way on a single-lane road (on the C-D route). A few days ago, I had the opportunity to witness improper overtaking and lane merging by two cars, without adhering to the rules that I was told should be followed regarding server simulation. I filed the corresponding reports against those users, and the response I received was, "I think this violation can only be kicked because I don't see in the evidence that the perpetrator endangered any players, as no player had to react, for example, by braking or swerving to avoid them, and they did not collide with anyone during their improper overtaking." What I want to express is that if these types of actions continue to be allowed, can everyone overtake on the right (improperly) without the risk of being banned? I believe that at the very least (in the case where there is no moderator to kick out this user), a 1 or 2-day ban should be issued.  In the end, if you don't endanger another player, can you perform any of the actions that are "punishable" without fear of being banned? I believe it shouldn't be like that.

Thank you very much for the opportunity. I am going to leave the links to the videos of the evidence I am mentioning attached below.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Hello there @SxDarkness

First of all, welcome here at TruckersMP Forums! 

I understand your flustrating about that players. 

As I noticed, you have a problem about the players on Simulation 1 and their reckless driving/overtaking/ etc.. Unfortunately you can not do anything about this type of players on servers, and no one can tell them not to do it. The only thing you can do is fill out a report to those players here: https://truckersmp.com/reports 

If you have any compaining about the game and you think it should be disscussed in TruckersMP Team, you are free to write a feedback here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback

Here is some explanation of each videos you have recorded: 

• On the first evidence you created is the guy driving in ghost mod as he actually got spawned in the game. If you are going to report thus thing, I think it would be only a kickable offence. Meanwhile, I am not a Game Moderator so I can't be specific about it.
  • On the second evidence you have recorded is 2 guys that recklessly overtook you, so it might be punished but again, this video looks as a kickable offence. I would say if he continues in overtaking then it's punishable.
  • On the third evidence you have recorded is again same case as was the second video, some guy that is trying to overtake from right side. 

What I would advise you to do when you are going to make a report is to always report players where it is absolutely clear that they have broken the rules, where you think it is questionable don't report, or you can try, however if the GM decided to only kick the player then your report will be rejected.

I also noticed you have created a topic similar to thus one. 

Have a good one! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver I MCG Driver 

• Upvote 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Unless there's a collision with clear reckless driving (or hacks, or improper use of chat/CB radio), don't bother reporting. Most likely nothing will be done. And if the reports are for incidents on the C-D road, you may see your reporting limit go down... Better save your reports for serious offences and preferably outside the C-D area.

• Upvote 2

Something can be against the rules without it needing a ban being applied to a user. Looking at video 2, while it was reckless it wouldn't really have needed a ban as they are, in reality just being silly, It didn't hurt anyone. You weren't going fast and were well aware of what was going on around you which allowed you to stop in time. If they had cut you off in this instance, hitting your bumper or similar they would have more likely got a ban.

I recommend you go through this thought process:
- Did they follow the traffic signs?
- Did they cause a collision? (Yes: Report, No: They likely would have been kicked, no report needed)

On 6/18/2023 at 12:43 AM, SxDarkness said:

I received a response stating that in a simulation server, all traffic signals should be respected, such as yielding the right of way on a single-lane road (on the C-D route).

From the TruckersMP game rules:

"Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws, and signage, and local lane closures represented by smart signs (see §2.7) may result in a punishment."

Just kidding, mate!

We're at CalaisDuisburgMP, where people in charge as well as the majority of players don't give a damn about the road traffic rules. 😉
Therefore, the following sentence was hastily added to the paragraph:

"Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area."

As the term "immediate area" is not defined in more detail, you are entitled to use your own judgement, ideas and imagination.

On-topic, some violation's punishment severity will be defined by the moderator's own discretion, meaning, depending on the sun's position, their menstruation cycle or alcohol level. 😉

Good luck!

• Like 2

I completely understand your point of view and agree that these small rules breaking which only currently deserve an in-game kick, should be punished when reported via web-reports.

I recently posted the following suggestion regarding this subject: 

I encourage you to add your comment on it to give it more weight and have TMP management seriously considering it. @blabberbeak added a very interesting suggestion to it consisting in points counter which would lead to a ban once a certain amount of points is reach.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SxDarkness said:

So, as long as you don't damage or harm another player, you can perform maneuvers that (according to the "simulation" server) should be prohibited or considered punishable with complete peace of mind. It has logic.

Well, if you report it "in-game" and be lucky to have a game moderator around to check the report, then the reported player will be kicked. But unfortunately as shown on the following poll, "in-game" reports are rarely reviewed and timeout 😞

So, as you said, these prohibited behaviours can be done with almost complete peace of mind.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.