A doubt about the messages in the chat

LUPO (ITA)

Hello everyone. 

I hope someone can help me remove this doubt. 

For example, if I am in a certain place in the game and I know the code of the player who is playing, can I send a private message even if I am away from him? Or should it just be nearby? 

Example :

"Name player (520)" 

If the player 520 in the game is away from me, will he still receive the message in private or not? 

I hope someone has already tried and knows this thing. 

Thanks for answers. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

The command works map wide, regardless with both of you are playing. It's only local chat that stops working when out of range.

• Usage: /pm id text
  • Caution: Check the id with /pinfo or the live map as it can be super easy to send to the wrong player.
  • Recommendation: Just make a discord group for you and your friends. VC and done.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ΛRDΛ K~ said:

First of all, Hello!

If that player is far away from you, of course you can throw You can start chatting by typing /pm 520 in the chat section.

Example: /pm 520 nice truck

We usually talk with this command when my friends are away

I hope I could help.

Best regards

ΛRDΛ K~

Hello, thank you very much.

Have a good day.

Best regards

ROMANISTA [ITA]

44 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

The command works map wide, regardless with both of you are playing. It's only local chat that stops working when out of range.

• Usage: /pm id text
  • Caution: Check the id with /pinfo or the live map as it can be super easy to send to the wrong player.
  • Recommendation: Just make a discord group for you and your friends. VC and done.

Hello, thank you very much.

I asked this question because usually I know it's possible but often I send the private message to the player wrong even though I know the right code. So in this case I should do for example "/pinfo 520" in the chat before writing the private message?

Have a good day.

Best regards

ROMANISTA [ITA]

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

Thanks for the question.

I will answer your question based on what I experienced..

Yes,you can send your pm if you know his/her ID also is far from you. For example if you're in Germany and the other ID is in Italy,he will receive your PM and you can answer him/her.

Instead if you are a few meters away and you see him/her from the TAB, and then it disappears from the range that goes beyond 700m the does not highlight the name of the player but the number of the mentioned ID.

For example you're the ID 788.

When you're in the range of 600/700m when you mention someone appears his/her name (@788 > ROMANISTA ITA.) If he go away from you for more than 700m and disappear, when you type his ID will remain that and appear only (@788).

I don't know if I explained myself, if you have any doubts or questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Rosso. | Aurora Driver.

• Upvote 2

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

4 hours ago, Rosso. said:

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

Thanks for the question.

I will answer your question based on what I experienced..

Yes,you can send your pm if you know his/her ID also is far from you. For example if you're in Germany and the other ID is in Italy,he will receive your PM and you can answer him/her.

Instead if you are a few meters away and you see him/her from the TAB, and then it disappears from the range that goes beyond 700m the does not highlight the name of the player but the number of the mentioned ID.

For example you're the ID 788.

When you're in the range of 600/700m when you mention someone appears his/her name (@788 > ROMANISTA ITA.) If he go away from you for more than 700m and disappear, when you type his ID will remain that and appear only (@788).

I don't know if I explained myself, if you have any doubts or questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Rosso. | Aurora Driver.

Hello @Rosso.,

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer on my topic. 

You have been very helpful and I thank you. Unfortunately I found myself sometimes writing to people from a distance, even though I knew his ID and the message came to another player. For this reason, I had doubts that the player had probably left the game or it was not possible to send the message to someone who was not near me. Thanks for your help. 

I wasn't sure how it worked. For the fact of writing to someone in chat near me (700 meters) I knew it. 

Best regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

19 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

I know it's possible but often I send the private message to the player wrong even though I know the right code. So in this case I should do for example "/pinfo 520" in the chat before writing the private message?

Yes. /pm id all the text you wish to put here

image.png

I was just playing when i encountered this player in Austria on May 8th of this year. Everything in yellow is "all the text i've put" and everything in white is what they've put. Hope this helped.

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.