Server hosted settings sync for all players

Time already syncs and so do other player's vehicles. Why not have profile settings sync?

They are the gameplay option settings that can be configured for different servers

SIMULATION

• Traffic Offenses: ON
  • Fatigue Simulation: ON
  • Detours: About 40%
  • Road Events: About 40%
  • Rain: About 40%

ARCADE

• Traffic Offenses: OFF
  • Fatigue Simulation: OFF
  • Detours: OFF
  • Road Events: OFF
  • Rain: OFF

By doing these gameplay settings, the servers can live up to the type of server they are. And, these settings will sync for every player. Don't like a particular setting? Play the other server type.

• Upvote 1

imo that can just decrease amount of players playing on the network, since myself I don't like driving with rain, and I don't want to drive on arcade.

also it's not as easy as you just said, the devs would have to sync the actual events, so they will happen for everyone in the same spot.

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, djoh said:

imo that can just decrease amount of players playing on the network, since myself I don't like driving with rain, and I don't want to drive on arcade.

also it's not as easy as you just said, the devs would have to sync the actual events, so they will happen for everyone in the same spot.

I agree with this 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Hey,

As others have eluded to in this topic, we believe that most settings are best left to individual players to tweak to their own liking. Additionally, the ones you have suggested have no impact on other people:

- Weather is not yet synced between players on the server. Rain is infamously unoptimised in ETS2/ATS and causes lag for a lot of people therefore many like to have it off.

- Detours and road events are disabled due to syncing issues.

- Traffic offences and fatigue simulation are personal preferences, since we have no TMP-based economy at the moment we believe it is okay for players to choose these settings for themselves.