Ghost Mode wait before Driving

Chris Flynn

Suggestion Name: Ghost Mode wait before driving

Suggestion Description: Every single time someone spawns in, has to wait before attempting to drive on the road. Wait till all the players have loaded in and the ghost mode disappears and only then you can drive on the road.

Any example images: https://medal.tv/games/euro-truck-sim-2/clips/140RZuyE50bkqz/d1337AKbN4Ps?invite=cr-MSwyd0csMTU5NDAyODA3LA Prime example why it also should become bannable for not waiting for players loading in first.

Why it should be added: It would prevent people from driving on the road in ghost mode and launching everyone into the sky (like me, example above).

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

The issue with this, the spawn in wherever. Typically not in NCZ or in the middle of the road. I have to prepare myself to not crash into them. Just in case it wears off. A better idea could force them to park off the road, wait until everything loads, and then proceed.

Yes, but who is going to read it? Almost 80% of the users don't pay attention to the chat... It is feasible, but requires a pop-up message system the mod has not yet created.

• Like 1

Hello @Chris Flynn,

I remember a similar issue being discussed in the past. In particular, the (re-)log in to the game (quick load) in the middle of roads and/or traffic jams caused mayhem after the ghost mode deactivated.
My point of view was that such behavior should be considered reckless driving, which is a violation of 2.5 of the TruckersMP rules, because every player has the possibility to relocate his or her vehicle in singleplayer before re-entering multiplayer to a position that is safe for him or her and others.

Others argued that relocating in single-player couldn't be expected of any player.

I like your suggestion but it should consider the location of the spawned vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's true ,it's a point that should be taken care of💯

• HaulieLove 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1