traffic with artificial intelligence

This is a suggestion that has been posted in the past, and it is a fantastic idea however it would take a lot of adaptations to the AI traffic to ensure the smooth running of the general server, which is quite possibly why it still isn't released yet 😃.

On 4/18/2023 at 7:57 PM, Doniii said:

This is a suggestion that has been posted in the past, and it is a fantastic idea however it would take a lot of adaptations to the AI traffic to ensure the smooth running of the general server, which is quite possibly why it still isn't released yet 😃.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:09 PM, 'Matheja said:

I'm not sure it can work properly among real players, because it can cause problems because npc's make sudden movements.It was put forward about 2 years ago, I wonder what the result was anyway?

Learn to bdrive in a proper maner people. It is not that hard onece you get used to it.

• 1 month later...

I think this would revive the servers, to what they used to be. I'd assume everyone else plays on Convoy rather than TruckersMP (because of AI Traffic) and that's why it dipped. Or the ability to add different mods; which would be different, but- Anyway, I didn't get to really play during that peak time (and if I did, I only played ATS at the time).

*And I don't even necessarily like AI, but I do think it would boost player counts significantly. I'd be for putting it in SIM1 or basically every server. Or maybe the secondary servers, at least initially.

On 4/22/2023 at 3:42 PM, Niuro [BG] said:

Learn to bdrive in a proper maner people. It is not that hard onece you get used to it.

Tell this to CD. Because they are the ones who don't know how to drive.

As for the suggestion, it was announced to add AI. I guess they are still trying to work out the issues of:

1. Syncing vehicles to the server. So that one player wouldn't see a red car in front of them while another sees an ai truck in that same spot.
  2. Having different "g_traffic" value then default (config). Mine is typically set at 10 while most everyone else leaves it at 1.
  3. Fixing the ai problems so that they don't gridlock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...