Images are too big

MartinPlaysCZ

Hello drivers,

I recently wanted to customize the look of my profile by changing the cover image, but it said the image was too big (size of the photo is almost 3 MB). I used image compressors, but it was useless, it was still too big.

The image I want to use is taken in ETS2 using the in-game camera. Could this be the problem? 

Does anyone know of anything that might help me? I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Martin

Report Moderator & Prime Logistics driver

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1)(1).jpg.e85ac5a3413696275f3ab3402bb1d4b1.jpg | Prime Logistics bio image

Hello @EHHVTC I MartinCZ
If you are playing the game at high settings, it is normal for the file size to be high. When you lower your graphics settings and take a new screenshot, you'll notice that your file size has decreased. However, if there is no noticeable change in the file size when you look at it, you can benefit from a different screenshot taking application, steam or the button to take screenshots on your keyboard.  
Best regards, 
kelt_kreqht

Hello Martin,

have you tried several image compressors? some allow to compress the images in an optimal way instead of a "basic" compression.

Afterwards you can try to compress your image twice but not sure that the quality is there unfortunately 😕

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

14 minutes ago, EHHVTC I MartinCZ said:

Hello drivers,

I recently wanted to customize the look of my profile by changing the cover image, but it said the image was too big (size of the photo is almost 3 MB). I used image compressors, but it was useless, it was still too big.

The image I want to use is taken in ETS2 using the in-game camera. Could this be the problem? 

Does anyone know of anything that might help me? I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Martin

Yooo Martin 🙂 

I am really glad you are trying to find the help via Forum.

No worry, you dont have to change your graphics settings or something like that. I only recommend you to to upload your photo herem I think it may work but not sure: https://imgur.com/upload then save it as png and it may work. 

As next please try to use convertor - https://www.onlineimagetool.com/cs/

Next time you can use https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/ -- this is section for any answers regarding TruckersMP & Forum 

Let me know if it helped. 

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Guest muri's

The file size increases according to the picture quality you take, Please lower your game settings and try again.

13 minutes ago, RedWolf_Plays said:

Yooo Martin 🙂 

I am really glad you are trying to find the help via Forum.

No worry, you dont have to change your graphics settings or something like that. I only recommend you to to upload your photo herem I think it may work but not sure: https://imgur.com/upload then save it as png and it may work. 

As next please try to use convertor - https://www.onlineimagetool.com/cs/

Next time you can use https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/ -- this is section for any answers regarding TruckersMP & Forum 

Let me know if it helped. 

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV 

Unfortunately I can't agree with you about imgur because, like you, I have been offered the same in the past, but it didn't work. The second site you have given is very successful. Thanks for your contribution, comrade! 
Best regards, 
kelt_kreqht

Thank you all for the quick replies.

@kelt_kreqht & @muri's, I tried lowering the graphic settings, but the images were still the same size.

@Juliia I tried many image compressors and most of them reduced the image size by 70%, which exceeded the limit by 500 kB.

@RedWolf_Plays I tried uploading the photo to Imgur and then downloading it again, but the size was almost the same. I also tried the converter. This reduced the size of the image significantly, but it still didn't meet the limit, although only by 40 kB. 

Also thank you for showing me the help section. This is my first post here, so I'm not very familiar with it.

@fs7- I also tried Caesium, which also reduced the image size by 70%.

Thank you again for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it!

Have a nice rest of the day.

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1)(1).jpg.e85ac5a3413696275f3ab3402bb1d4b1.jpg | Prime Logistics bio image

Hi Martin,

Your photos are probably oversized as they can save as "PNG".I know a method and it may be useful for you.

When I want to make the cover art of the photos I take in the game, I usually right-click on the photo, run Paint  and save it as JPEG by choosing the "save as" option. 

I hope it will be useful for you. 

Best,

Tommy~

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

On 4/12/2023 at 1:58 AM, Tommy~ said:

Hi Martin,

Your photos are probably oversized as they can save as "PNG".I know a method and it may be useful for you.

When I want to make the cover art of the photos I take in the game, I usually right-click on the photo, run Paint  and save it as JPEG by choosing the "save as" option. 

I hope it will be useful for you. 

Best,

Tommy~

Hello Tommy~,

Thank you for your time and advice.

I tried saving the image as a JPEG and the size was reduced from the original 3 MB to 900 kB. So, I compressed the image, and the resulting size was 275 kB, which was still a bit over the limit.

Kind regards,

Martin

On 4/12/2023 at 8:26 AM, blabberbeak said:

Instead of changing the file format (jpg, png,...) or your graphic settings, I suggest to decrease the dimensions of your picture.

This can be done with most known photo editors (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Gimp, Microsoft Paint, ...).

Hello blabberbeak,

Thank you for your advice.

I tried reducing the dimensions of the image and combined with the advice of others, the image is the size it needs to be.

Kind regards,

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived