Add temporary traffic controllers

Suggested Name:Add temporary traffic controllers

Proposal Description:Duisburg Calais is often congested with traffic, and is actually a happy road for many truck drivers. Therefore, a rotation system of traffic assistance administrators is added every week to enhance the playability of the game and solve traffic congestion.
So, how to execute it? Random lottery can be conducted in the forum, and the winner can drive a policy vehicle for patrolling. However, the temporary traffic administrator has no right to punish. He can only persuade the illegal parking to leave, temporarily seal the road at the place where the collision occurs, and prevent secondary collisions. Other violations

Of course, temporary traffic controllers must accept stricter supervision and punishment, and if violations occur during patrols, they will be subject to stricter bans.

Why should I add:I think every truck driver has a dream of becoming a traffic policeman. This mechanism can realize many drivers' dreams, enhance the gaming experience, and improve traffic congestion.

Why am I against this:

1. You are not trained to control traffic
    • How can other players trust you?
    • If you messed up and make the traffic worse, should you be punished?
      • Why putting yourself in such a risky position in the first place?
  2. Some players even ignore admins instructions
    • Then why would you listen to a player who is controlling traffic if it is not obligated?
    • And what can you do if they refuse to listen?
  3. Ineffectiveness
    • We can take immediate action if we caught some rule-breakers. But even if you caught a rule-breaker, you still need to submit a report and there is nothing else you can do
    • Having a traffic controller is almost equal to not having one
  4. Frustration/self-satisfaction
    • If no one listen to you and you can't do anything about it, would you keep doing the same thing again?
    • If you are a player, what would you think about some players "who thinks they have a bit more power" blocking the road?
  5. Role confusion and impersonation
    • If you think you can do it, why would you think someone else can't?
    • Who's gonna monitoring who is the actual "traffic controller"?
    • Who's gonna supervise a "traffic controller" and see if they are doing their job or just having fun blocking the road?
  6. Shifts
    • How can you make sure they will go online and monitoring the traffic?
      • If they slack off?
      • Abandoned the job?

This is not an interview, it's just "a few" questions I am having if this is really happening. And also I am against the lottery to pick a "lucky winner" (or I should say "unlucky loser") to risk themselves being punished if they messed up. Some may want to enjoy such short moments, but I think point 2 has strike you out, and point 4 will come after you.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 1

4 hours ago, AE86 Feng said:

I think every truck driver has a dream of becoming a traffic policeman.

So they should wait until recruitment opens, make sure that they meet the requirements, and apply. If they are accepted, they will receive the proper training to do the job. Giving random players a police car and nothing else would be good for nothing, like Miyu said above, and it would probably make things worse instead of "improve traffic congestion".

BTW, I've been a truck driver (in ETS2/TruckersMP) for more than 8 years, have almost 4800 hours of game time (ETS2), more than 3 million Km driven... And never wanted to become a traffic policeman. I would actually refuse to become a "Traffic Control"/Game Moderator if they offered the position to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

6 hours ago, [ Purple Sky ] Aria. said:

"I oppose this topic because it will exacerbate traffic congestion, and no one will believe you because you don't have TMP certification and transportation training."

[Purple Sky] Aria  Operations Director

I agree with you.

• Like 4

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

In general, it's not a clever idea to give powers to randomly selected players without proper training because it could lead to confusion and chaos, which is the opposite of what this suggestion is supposed to solve.

In the past, the TruckersMP has allowed their players to drive the police vehicle during the anniversary events. Maybe that is an option for players interested in pretending to be part of law enforcement.

• Like 1

We know that C-D traffic gets really bad at times. It is a well-intentioned idea that you have presented to solve it, but it will not show the expected effect when it is put into action. Persons determined by a simple lottery will have a low rate of ability to fulfill the said task. Instead it would be a more efficient and precise solution to include more gms in the tmp team.

• Upvote 1

Maybe the point in the matter is not the traffic control... as I see it... there should be a custom server that offers only the C-D region around the cities (clock wise) of Dover, Amsterdam, Osnabrug, Koln, Liege, Paris and the train tunnel. This way if you wish to drive there you have to be on that server. This way the stress on the ms will be minimal. But then as we are having Sim 1 and Sim 2 now, it is obvious where the kids will play. On the quarry road is another story on a hole different level.

• 3 months later...

Hello @AE86 Feng,

Thanks for submitting the suggestion!

The explanation provided by @Miyu* perfectly sums up our overall opinion on your idea. We are aware that our moderation in-game has a big room for improvement and we are actively working on finding effective solutions for that. However, I am afraid assigning the task of controlling traffic to random users won't solve the problem but only cause more issues.

That being said, we will not be proceeding with this suggestion at this stage due to the reasons mentioned above. Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected