Amnesty to those whose right to report has expired after the prohibition amnesty.

[GökBörü] "ESER 58"

Question

Hello

I have a question that I am wondering the answer to.

For example, we know that amnesty is given to players who have been banned for reckless driving or committing any crime. My question is, if these players were amnesty, why wasn't an amnesty given to a player whose right to report was reset?

By not giving these players amnesty, do you mean you don't care about her? Or that you only need players? 

Crazy questions in my mind..

I hope I find a logical answer.?

I wish you a good day.

Kind Regards
ESER 58
TruckersMP  Driver 

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Your question is a little bit interesting, and for me it doesn't really make sense. But if I change the word "amnesty" used by you to "ban", it could make some sense.

Is your question the following:

Why players are not banned when their report right's were resetted?

If yes:

According to TruckersMP rules, that is something which is punished by the following matter: in case of report rule violations, firstly the player gets a 30 day cooldown time until they have their report rights back. If after that the player breaks the report rule again, a permanent block is issued to the account and they won't be able to create any new reports.

For this, TruckersMP rule doesn't say that they need to be banned. As banning a player (to block access to the ingame servers) is who committed a serious violation in game (eg. reckless driving, insulting on the chat, etc..). Just simply violating the reporting rule which is §1.4, there is no need to issue a punishment according to the TruckersMP full set of rules.

§1.4 - Reporting users

Any breaches of the below rules might result in a 30 day ban from our report system for a first offense, and a permanent ban for a second offense, and will lead to your report getting rejected.

• The evidence you provide cannot have been recorded more than 14 days ago.
  • The evidence you provide us must be available for the length of the ban applied, plus thirty days. Evidence for permanent bans must be available forever.
  • Reports for reasons mentioned under §2 must have video evidence. Evidence exceeding 2 minutes in length must have a timestamp attached in the report.
  • Evidence submitted in the report should not be modified (cropped, retouched or blurred) in a way that affects the context of the violation. Videos can only be cropped time-wise.
  • Evidence submitted may only be uploaded to websites that offer an on-site video player. Evidence that requires downloading files or authorization will not be accepted.
  • Evidence of inappropriate use of language, impersonation of any kind and inappropriate content, in the text chat must show the full chat open.
  • Evidence containing insults or otherwise offensive marks from the reporter won't be accepted and the reporter might be banned for inappropriate use of language, depending on the severity.
  • Ban Evading violations cannot be reported to the TruckersMP Team, such violations are handled through internal processes.
  • You can not report players with evidence that has not been taken in-game by yourself.
  • Spamming our report system with useless reports, reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0) to record, or anything similar is not permitted.
  • Asking staff to handle your report with priority is not permitted.
  • It is not allowed to report the same user again if your report against them was declined. The complaint must be addressed to the Game Moderation Management through the feedback system.
  • Reporting TruckersMP staff members must be done through the feedback system.
  • For some basic guidelines on reporting, please refer to this article.

Find the full set of rules of TruckersMP here: https://truckersmp.com/rules

If no:

Please explain what do you want to say more understandable for us to better understand your question and to answer properly.

Let us know if this helped,

Kind Regards,

LogRol

• Upvote 1

I suggest to read the following news post from May 2022. It should answer your question:

https://truckersmp.com/blog/270

Will other types of permanent bans also be disabled?

No. At this time we are only modifying rule §2.8, meaning that only permanent bans due to history are affected by this rule change. All other permanent bans will remain in place (hacking, ban evading, etc).

I think the OP' question is about people who effectivelly locked themselves out of report system by receiving enough negative rating for their reports that their maximum number of reports decreased to zero and they are unable to create reports permanently.

This has nothing to do with being baned form TMP servers or report system, this is something that does not happen instantaneously but takes time and number of rejected or negatively rated reports.

Initially, your maximum number of reports starts at 10, it can be increased up to 20, but if it ever reaches zero, you are out, permanently.

The question is, if this should be changed, if I understand OP correctly, but this is something more suited for suggestion or discussion, and not simple question that regular members or support staff can answer.

• Upvote 1

I tried to explain what this guy said. After all, my main purpose was not to ask questions, but to raise this issue.

I think the players whose report rights have been reset should be given another chance, Just like unrestricted banned players before..

I wish you a good day.

Kind Regards
ESER 58
TruckersMP  Driver 

Hello @"ESER 58",

The main purpose of the Help category is to help users by answering the questions they have or by providing them with the solutions for the issues they experience. You have received couple answers to the question you asked and as @Granite mentioned at the end of their message, this is not something we can really help you with because if you disagree with how the system works right now, you can share your feedback at https://truckersmp.com/feedback.

Since the question was answered, I will consider this topic as a sorted one. Thanks everyone for the participation!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Support Team

// Locked and Moved to Solved