What's new since a few months?

VavelOnline

Hello everyone,

I'm back in the game after some months without playing, and I would like some help in being updated with the recent changes.

So far, I have these questions : 

1) Now EU2 is collision on and limiter off! I don't want to argue, but I'm so happy with that. 

Does the freeroam rules still apply in there (basically, a mad man at 150Kph ramming you is your problem (i.e. hardcore mode)) or is there some moderation as in EU1?

2) Is desync still a problem (so the truck next to you on your screen could be 100m ahead of you or 100m behind you) ?

3) Are cross lights synchronized (they were not when I left)?

4) Can you be blinded with high beams (you would only see normal beams when I left)?

5) Did I miss a new mega important rule or feature in the past 2-3 months?

Thanks for your help :)

1. No more freeroam rules.  Standard rules apply.

2. Desync is still a problem, such that some want to make this an EU-only multiplayer by suggesting a 125ms ping limit.

3. Traffic lights are synchronized.  Railroad crossings and temporary traffic lights in construction areas are not.

4. No.

5. New reporting system.

Hello everyone,

I'm back in the game after some months without playing, and I would like some help in being updated with the recent changes.

So far, I have these questions : 

1) Now EU2 is collision on and limiter off! I don't want to argue, but I'm so happy with that. 

Does the freeroam rules still apply in there (basically, a mad man at 150Kph ramming you is your problem (i.e. hardcore mode)) or is there some moderation as in EU1?

2) Is desync still a problem (so the truck next to you on your screen could be 100m ahead of you or 100m behind you) ?

3) Are cross lights synchronized (they were not when I left)?

4) Can you be blinded with high beams (you would only see normal beams when I left)?

5) Did I miss a new mega important rule or feature in the past 2-3 months?

Thanks for your help :)

1. same rules aply for both servers

2.desync might be better but is still there,leave extra room when you overtake etc.

3. traffic lights are synced.but plains ,trains etc arent.

4.you can see high beams but they arent strong enough too actualy blind em (bairly diffrence realy)

5.not realy rules wise that i can think of.they recomend you too record your ride and report on forums.

also reporting system is diffrent.press tab,hold right mouse button and click on the person in the list too report and then the button report ;)

rootkiller is gone out of dev team and dev team is busy listening more and more too the comunity.

thats about it in a nutshell ;)

EDIT:seems like i was just too late :P

Ok, thanks mates.

I guess it would still impress me to see another player pass through a train, but at least synchronizing the traffic lights is a good thing.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about that recording thing. I used to do that all the time when bans seemed to be applied for no reason, but that was before they noticed a flaw in the IDs. Still, recording seems a good advice, just need to find some place in my HDD (how come it's always full?).

Anyway, thanks for your help, and happy trucking ;)

If it's been a few months you might want to take a look at latest version of OBS recording software, it's now quite stable and free and better you can set it up to only record like Nvidia Shadowplay, just the last 'x' number of seconds before you press the 'write buffer to disk' hotkey - if space is a problem on your HDD! I use it mostly in that way, just record if problems occur.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived