This is a very simple howto guide on how to overtake (and be overtaken) properly.
The first thing you should be aware of is DESYNC. Basically, what you see on your screen is not always what the other players are seeing. This might cause (unintentional) ramming in many situations. To counter that effect, here's some practical information that you should always follow.
- Start your overtaking maneuver when you are at least 60m from the truck in front of you (you can always check the distances using the <TAB> key).
- Stay in line
- When you checked that the other driver is 100m behind you, you can start merging back.
- Alternatively, if you see the other driver turn its lights on, or hear him honk 2 short times, it means that you can fold back safely from his point of view, even if you're not 100m ahead. In that case, it's nice to thank him using the left-right-left-right blinker signal. Note that high beams would normally be used IRL, but cannot be seen for now in the MP game.
When being overtaken
- Stay in line
- If you're riding at 90 km/h, it is nice to speed down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you.
- When there's enough distance between you and the overtaker (60m should be enough), turn your lights on (or honk 2 short times if it's night time and your lights are already turned on) to signal that he can fold back safely.
Let's hope everybody follow these rules, and the road will be a lot safer.