Locomotive trailer

sezix

Question

Greetings friends,

I have one important question. For a long time I have been trying to find a way to use the trailer as in picture number 1, picture number 2 shows the only possible option I can choose and this front axle bothers me a lot in the game and I can't remove it. Please answer. Thanks 

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

17 answers to this question

Greetings, admirtz!

I believe you can change the trailer type by not taking the job immediately from the Job Dispatcher, and instead customizing it from the Freight Market in-game when you arrive at the company.
You can still use the Dispatcher to generate the job itself, and tick "Navigate to the company".
Once you're about to take the job, look for the button near the trailer preview that will let you pick the trailer type.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely, 
MXL94305CP 
TruckersMP Trial Support

• Like 1

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

Locomotive cargo is only available on 1+4 or 5 axle low bed trailer, but you can only get 1+4 trailer from freight market or TMP job dispatcher, simply because SCS did not include 5 axle trailer in the selection of pre-made non-owned trailers.

In order to get result as in the first pucture, you must purchase 5 axle low bed trailer, hook it up and find the job in the cargo market or external market. The trailer in that picture is clearly owned trailer.

• Like 1

Hi @admirtz,

This is what it does with coding (Save edit). Get a trailer in the game the way you like, then add the locomotive code to the trailer. In fact the process is as simple as this. If you don't know how to do it, there are many videos with educational content on YouTube.

Regards,

Aras.

Thank you all for your help!!!

@Nxbody17 I have already tried to contact them but they have not responded ?

@Granite I did not buy this 1 + 4 trailer shown in the picture, in fact I bought a 5-axle trailer that is public 

@Scottish Lad I already own that trailer

@Aras ❣️ If that's the only option then I give up, because it's a waste of time, and otherwise I play mp so time is important to me 

Greetings!

@admirtz I've done some testing and the chassis "5 Axles, Extendable, Long" does accept Locomotives, and it looks exactly like the one you showcased.
Check these two pictures, where I show the chassis, and me having picked up a Locomotive with it: https://imgur.com/a/VRB41Aw

Hope this helps.

Sincerely, 
MXL94305CP 
TruckersMP Trial Support

Now I just gotta drive 1600+ kilometers to get this thing off my trailer :thisisfine:

Edited by MXL94305CP
Added information
  • Haha 2

MXL94305CP

Hello there!

Has your problem been solved by the answers above?

Your confirmation helps to keep the forum organized!

Kind regards,

@FreakyBodyX

TruckersMP Support

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

@MXL94305CP  With my trailer, with 5 axles, it is possible to take a locomotive, but only in the job offer, it is not possible to make a tour to the desired destination, then  only offer a trailer with 4 + 1 axles. So the problem is still not solved unfortunately ?

1 hour ago, admirtz said:

@MXL94305CP  With my trailer, with 5 axles, it is possible to take a locomotive, but only in the job offer, it is not possible to make a tour to the desired destination, then  only offer a trailer with 4 + 1 axles. So the problem is still not solved unfortunately ?

TMP job dispatcher apparently uses same def files as freight market trailers and 5 axle low bed trailer just isn't included in those - check in-game vehicle browser/trailer listing (this shows only pre-made non-owned trailers for freight market with company liveries), find low bed trailer and locomotive cargo and you will see there's only 1+4 chassis.

Unless 5 axle chassis is modded in, it remains available only for owned trailers.

As far as I know, TMP has plans to add support for owned trailers to the job dispatcher in the future, until then owned trailer and cargo market without choice of destination is your only option unfortunately.

• Like 1

Greetings again!

The easiest solution I can think of for you, as you said you don't really want to dive into coding, is something called Virtual Speditor. 

I made a video explaining the basics of how it works that you can watch here: 

It's an old video of mine, but I don't think the process will be much different for current versions.
What you'd do is pick "own trailer" and pick the Locomotive accordingly. Think of it as an external Job Dispatcher.

You can access the latest version of Virtual Speditor here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=199114

Let us know how that goes.

Sincerely, 
MXL94305CP 
TruckersMP Trial Support

By the way, that 1600+ kilometer trip took ages :thisisfine:

• Haha 1

MXL94305CP

Ok, thank you all but it seems to me that the only option is to wait for the mp update when I will be able to use my private trailer. I have been intensively looking for a solution for a couple of days, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I wrote to the scs company but they told me that it should do the promods, I tried to contact the promods but to no avail. ?

20 minutes ago, admirtz said:

Ok, thank you all but it seems to me that the only option is to wait for the mp update when I will be able to use my private trailer. I have been intensively looking for a solution for a couple of days, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I wrote to the scs company but they told me that it should do the promods, I tried to contact the promods but to no avail. ?

Hi there,

Was there anything else we are able to help you with before the topic gets moved to Unsolved? 

Kind regards,

Stubborn
TruckersMP - Support

• Like 1

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
@Zysto
TruckersMP - Trial Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Have a nice day!

Hello,

Since there has been no request to reopen the topic within the 1 week timeframe, I will be moving it to Unsolved.
Thanks for your understanding.

Kind Regards,
vldv44_
TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!