How would you handle this situation?

On 5/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, _William_ said:

You are traveling down the road in your truck minding your own business when suddenly an approaching truck loses control and flips over which causes that vehicle to slide in your direction however you notice that there is an administrator sitting on the side of the road in their police vehicle what would you do..............................
(A). Do you hit the brakes as hard as you can in an attempt to stop
(B). Do you veer off the roadway and hit the admin on the side of the road in an attempt to stop
(C). Do you put your foot to the floor and hope for the best
(D). Do you Alt+F4

I will Choose Option (A) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, DJ Jefferz said:

In my opinion, 

If you pick A, You are probably traveling too fast in the first place.
If you pick B, This means you're most likely traveling on C-D road, Really? Try and drive somewhere else....
If you pick C, The most ignorant option. This just means your already going to fast to stop and you have no intention of stopping. Total disregard for anyone else.
If you pick D, Kind of a temporary solution, it then means you need to put the effort to restart the game and get out the way before you re-connect.

My personal choice:
I generally drive to the speed limit, especially on a road like C-D. That way, if anything occurs, I have enough reaction time, If I see an incident, I then have enough time to slow to a stop, I will then stay stationary until the problem is cleared. Once cleared I continue on my way. 

I don't agree with your reason about A : Whats your IRL reflax.. just hitting your brakes to stop as quick as possible. Speed isn't the problem on that moment. But ofc some people are driving to fast thats on them. I would do A 

spacer.png

Of course I choose A ? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

The fact there's an admin there should make little difference to the way you drive. Unless of course the moderator is parked specifically where you would swerve off the road. I would just brake hard and swerve onto the grass / hard shoulder (assuming no vehicles are there) and if that person hits me then so be it. I know it wasn't my fault, and even though I've been involved in a collision, everything is fine. People seeing moderators are surprisingly like when people in real life see the police; they get all tense and are absolutely terrified of making even the smallest mistake. Guys, admins won't bite! If you know you're driving appropriately then you have nothing to worry about at all. Moderators are carefully trained to know who, if anyone, is in the wrong in that sort of situation.

Option A is the safest, Option B is definitely not recommended, Option C is dangerous and Option D is a potential choice, but there are better ways to deal with it than just to quit.

In the above cases, it is very important to slow down or stop the vehicle to reduce the impact of possible collisions. You can only try to bypass obstacles

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived