Front Panel connectors on motherboads

[VIVΛ HH] KЯΛVΛTIΞ

I was swapping my case around yesterday and i had to do the annoying front panel connectors.

And then i had an idea.

Why can't motherboard and case companies come up with one default connector (Like the USB one).

Which will allow you to simply plug in one block (Has to be the right way around) Instead of plugging in like 5 separate plugs in a cramped area.

Anyone else thinks this is a good idea?

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

Oh yes, hooking those leads up is a massive pain, especially if the mainboard doesn't have clear labels!

I hate it when you are doing cable management and you accidentally yank one out and you don't realize until you boot it up

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

Honestly I like it how it is now since I prefer not to have the buzzer and LEDs connected (annoys me any time they beep, or the HDD led blinks). I also know I'm not alone on this, but I'm probably still in a minority :P

I have an Asus motherboard (The one were you can use the mouse in the bios) and they also do not have standard connectors for front audio jacks and buzzers. The buzzer on my PC stays on for ages when it first starts up (beeps for 2 seconds at a time for 3 times as I have problem with my PC)

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

What computer case do you have? ;D

buzzer, piezzo speaker, call it what you want, it's annoying, and I don't have one because I removed it :3

buzzer, piezzo speaker, call it what you want, it's annoying, and I don't have one because I removed it :3

Oh them tiny speaker things, i have one just in case i never need it but it's in a box somewhere

The problem with Computers is that there aren't any real standards. Take USB for example, some cases have a single connector with a blanked out key pin to force one direction only, others have 5 individual connectors per usb port (2 Gnd, +5v, D+ and D-) and then of course its upto you to find the pinout to plug them in properly. Worse machines however were the Fujitsu Siemens Business machines. Have one sat here that the case is all smashed up (pulled from a building being demolished) and it can't go in any other case but from an identical machine as it used a custom cpu heatsink that bolted straight through the board and into the case

• 2 months later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived