Connection broken at random times

Question

This is getting too annoying to deal with. For some reason the game keeps breaking the connection at times so random that I can literally destroy my entire truck or cause a massive crash during a convoy.

I tried everything that I possibly could:

1. Restarting the router

2. Resetting the router

3. Flushing the DNS

4. Reinstalling Windows

5. Adding TruckersMP to firewall

6. Opening ports

Most likely everything I could find on this forum.

Before you blame my ISP, it doesn't happen at other multiplayer games (Garry's Mod, Forza Horizon 4 etc.)

Any ideas what I can do?

13 answers to this question

Hello again!

- It seems to only happen on simulation 2.

- I use an 1gbps ethernet cable so I'm not on wifi.

- Reinstalling TMP doesn't seem to do anything.

My guess is that TMP servers are just bad in my area.

If there is something I can do, let me know. Thanks!

• Community Moderation Manager

Hello xFuzzy_,

Since you only have this problem on simulation 2, this probably is a "bug". ?

This is a bug that happens randomly (I personally never had it yet). As far as I know it mostly happens when players had unintentional disconnects / closures of the game. All you can do, is to be patient and play on a different server. It probably will be solved after a server restart. ? In other words, there is nothing that you can do to solve this problem. ?

I hope that this answered your questions? ?

Kindest regards,

Stay safe!

_sneaht_0810

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Hello there!

Has your problem been solved with the above given suggestions?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue, helps us keep the forum organized!

We await your return!

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello! The suggestions given above don't see to do much. I can't really stop playing on sim2 because convoys happen there. It's been happening since December 2020, so I'll wait another month and see if the issue will solve itself. You're free to close this question.

Hi there,

Have you tried playing on American Truck Simulator servers if you have the game/all of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 servers? If not, I would give that a try. If it only happens on Simulation 2 and you haven't found a solution, then I would maybe try creating a support ticket here so you can get to someone who would have a better idea and solution as to why this is happening for you. They will be able to help you directly.

It's also known for you to be kicked for "[System] Unreliable Connection" at times. This is most likely due to the server stability. Lots of people experience this.

Hello again!

I can try playing on ATS servers later. It doesn't seem to kick me for unreliable connection. I also forgot to say that it also happens on the event servers. It might be because there's a lot of people there. I'll also try putting my settings down to see if it will help. Thanks!

Hello, @xFuzzy_

First off, thank you for creating a topic and welcome to the TruckersMP forum! :)

It would be helpful if you can attach your results from the speed test found here: http://beta.speedtest.net/

For the meantime, try this solution by following the steps regarding 'flushing your DNS':
> Press Start or the Windows icon via your desktop task pane
> Search for "cmd"
> Right click the "cmd" icon and select "Run as Administrator"
> Within cmd - Type this command: "ipconfig /flushdns"  (Without any quotation " " marks)
> Wait for this to complete. 
> Relaunch MP

Note: Remember to always launch the TruckersMP launcher with administrator privileges: 
> Right click the launcher

> Properties

> Compatibility

> Tick/check the box saying 'run this program as administrator' 

Kind Regards,
OmSaL

Hello again, I attached the speed test result below. I'm going to flush the DNS and also drop my settings and see if something will change.

I'll keep you updated, thanks!

Update: It didn't make a difference at all! I also forgot to write what happens before the connection breaks so,

Every truck stops moving and their wheels are still spinning. After about 5/10 seconds the connection breaks. I hope this can help a little lol.

uy.png

Edited by xFuzzy_
Updating the status of my problem

Hello there, :)

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Best regards,
maksch
TruckersMP - Support  

maksch

Ex-Member of the Support Team 

Hello again, ;)

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

maksch

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

maksch

Ex-Member of the Support Team