Flemming V's BDF truck pack

Roadrunner1982

Suggestion Name: Add tandem mod to the multiplayer game
Suggestion Description: Allow users to drive rigid and tandem trucks. There is a tough point in making the ETS2MP client manage users that do not activate the mod. As usual, the easy way is to display a default truck+trailer, which can look weird. The nice way is to register rigid and tandem 3D models even if the mod is not activated.

Any example images:

flemming-460x920.jpg

Why should it be added?: Flemming V tandem mod is a quite popular mod that will undoubtedly brings diversity on the ETS2MP roads!

post-23792-0-84522200-1427660459_thumb.j

Edited by Mariio
added format
  • Upvote 4

Suggestion Name: Add tandem mod to the multiplayer game
Suggestion Description: Allow users to drive rigid and tandem trucks. There is a tough point in making the ETS2MP client manage users that do not activate the mod. As usual, the easy way is to display a default truck+trailer, which can look weird. The nice way is to register rigid and tandem 3D models even if the mod is not activated.

Any example images:

flemming-460x920.jpg

Why should it be added?: Flemming V tandem mod is a quite popular mod that will undoubtedly brings diversity on the ETS2MP roads!

• Upvote 2

While I'd like to see tandem's n that, if a truck mod is allowed, that would open the gates for everyone to beg for their favourite trucks to be put in the game.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

This is european. And a European thing, why not add to the simulator? The mp mod is getting very stale and needs something to spice it up. This mod uses vanilla trucks just adds some modeling to the back. I would love to see it.

EDIT: don't get your hopes up because since it is a mod, they probably won't accept it or a forum mod will just reject this cause it even mentions a mod.

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

EDIT: don't get your hopes up because since it is a mod, they probably won't accept it or a forum mod will just reject this cause it even mentions a mod.

Well, I fully understand this point, and the fact that each member will ask for his favorite mod as we are doing right now :) I also understand that integrating a mod is difficult and that you have to be sure that it is perennial (either the original author collaborates to update his mod as the ETS2 version goes on, or let the ETS2MP team work on it). However the ETS2MP team has already shown they can integrate popular mods, as they did for the winter mod.

tandem trailers are planned just wait for it and scs was also thing about it awhile back

If you are refering to the double-trailer feature, this is clearly not something that you can see on western european roads. It's fun (and will be great with the multiplayer mod of american truck simulator) but I'm not sure it is relevant for the european map.

For the SCS brainstorm on tandem it is promising, but nothing is said on if this will be developed or not.

• Upvote 2

I´m completely agree with the suggestion. This mod is really polished and works long ago. The modder supports it for the new upcoming updates from SCS and it would give a bit of challenge and new great stuff into the game. Moreover, people should understand the differente between this and any other single truck mods.

I wish SCS could give us some info about their proyect on Tandems but... as soon as they say nothing after so long, I think MP Team could take Flemming´s great work.

• Upvote 2

lkRjRkb.png

While I'd like to see tandem's n that, if a truck mod is allowed, that would open the gates for everyone to beg for their favourite trucks to be put in the game.

only thing with this being said is that the BDF mod yes it is a mod but its only the standerd SCS in game trucks that have had there chassis streched and bodys added to them and more (standalone) trailers added to the game so as the trucks would still be standerd SCS trucks they wouldent be able to ask for there favourite trucks to be added as no new trucks would of been added in the BDF mod