Reverse Beepers

CrimsonDrift

Suggestion Name: Reverse Beepers

Suggestion DescriptionSo client side, if you turn off your speed limiter, there is still a speed limiter activated server side, so it theoretically forces you to have the speed limiter on. My idea is to do the same thing, but with reverse beepers. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: I think that it should be added (or removed depending how you look at it) because i believe that it would make convoys easier for everyone, ESPECIALLY admin convoys due to the volume of people. It would stop everyone from complaining about people leaving there truck in reverse. I believe that it will also improve in-game performance when in built up areas because the server wouldn't have to load the reverse beepers, therefore improving FPS and performance in general.

Regards,

Crimson

Owner of Crimson Transport Limited

Regards,

Crimson

Owner of Viper Gaming Community

Interested in joining? Go to the following link to apply: http://www.vipergamingcommunity.com

Don't really see a point to it as it's essentially nit picking, you'll get used to it eventually. Plus a truck is supposed to beep when it's reversing, take that away then you'll have people playing that 'who's reversing' game again but this time it'll be because they can't hear it.

nz3d07.jpg

-1 i prefer the option to either have it on/off. When i enter a crowded area i dont want to hear 10 trucks beeping away its very annoying.

If you forget that you have your truck in reverse and cause an accident well it's your fault for not paying attention.

I think maybe force the client to stop the beep when in a menu

EG after you drop a trailer you can git in a menu for a min or more depending what you are doing so everybody has to put up with

*beep*....*beep*....*beep*... for that amount of time I try to remember to drop it in neutral before I hit "T" but some people are not so considerate

Accidents aren't an issue, i mean when people are stationary or AFK and just sitting around, they forget theyre in reverse and their beepers constantly go of. Now imagine how many people might do that i a place such as Rotterdam. That's a LOT of beeping, and as i said, its not just annoying, it more than likely drags peoples performance down. And then in big convoys, such as the last truck fest, i believe it peaked at around 70 trucks. When everyone was parking, there must have been around 20-30 beepers going off all at once, now its bad enough for some people to load that sheer amount of trucks, let alone 20-30 beepers constantly going off as well.

Regards,

Crimson

Owner of Viper Gaming Community

Interested in joining? Go to the following link to apply: http://www.vipergamingcommunity.com

There were a lot of people reversing at that Truckfest but there was never 20 to 30 all doing it at exactly the same time, I was there 3 or so hours before it even started; there was around 90+ trucks at Mannheim altogether at one point. But like I said if it's forced to be off then you're going to have people with full hearing ability mimicking deaf people, next you'll be having people arguing about people reversing in general because they didn't know what the other person was doing and wanting it back. Most people don't forget it's on, occasionally they do but the majority of the time someone is doing it because they think it annoys everyone, which it doesn't - just the majority. That said, I still think forcing it off is a bad decision.

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

When in mp and parked in a Collison area (gas or side of the road) excluding parking lots. I usually have my reverse on. If anything it will show white. Which is abnormal but a closer look they will see I have my parking break on too. In the small gas stations I tend to have hazards on too.

I don't mind the beeps as I know who's doing what

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

When in mp and parked in a Collison area (gas or side of the road) excluding parking lots. I usually have my reverse on. If anything it will show white. Which is abnormal but a closer look they will see I have my parking break on too. In the small gas stations I tend to have hazards on too.

I don't mind the beeps as I know who's doing what

I like that idea ER middle of the night pitch black and you hear a strange sound making you more alert to see what is happening

I alway put hazard and beacons on when getting gas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.