windows ten defender needs admin password to finish installing?

Question

10 answers to this question

Hello, do not forget to let us know about the progress of your problem.

We'll be waiting your response!^_^

• HaulieLove 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Greetings.

The window that requires the password is part of Window's UAC, which by itself is not part of TruckersMP. If you do not know the UAC's administration password, then you probably do not own the computer. If this is the case, simply ask the PC's administrator for the password. Please notice that asking for the password is also your only choice in installing TruckersMP.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards.

• Thanks 1

v1.png 

Hi Player, how are you?

To perform TMP Installation you need Administrator Privileges!

If you are a Standard User Request the Administrator to enter the password to Proceed with Installation!

If it is a Family Computer, your Parent should be an Administrator. Then ask him to enter the password!

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

2 minutes ago, Zuggulak said:

my parants set up windows yet im the guy who splashed $300 to upgrade. so yes my pc is admined by my parants.

Then your Windows account is not having Administrator rights. Ask your parents to type in the Administrator password.

Remember, this is a Multiplayer modification for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and that's what you should tell your parents if they want to know what you want to install.

6 hours ago, Zuggulak said:

pls help i really want your mod for ets2 but it requires an admin password. im useing windows ten from a usb download. im uptodate whats the problem?

Good Evening Zuggulak,

TruckersMP installs on your computer as its own program separate to your steam account and for the program to install all the relevant files, it requires administration permissions to be able to access the parts of your PC that it requires too. For this, your account must have administrator privileges. Unfortunately, without the admin privilges, the downloader will be unable to install the program and you will be unable to use the TruckersMP servers and platforms. To fix this issue, speak to the person who holds the administration account on your PC, this could be a spouse or a parent. Please also explain what the program is 'A multiplayer modification for ETS2 which allows you to converse and meet strangers online through the trucking game'

I hope this helps with your question,

Kind regards,

M.Pointing

I know I will, I'm just waiting for my parants to relax from work. And I know what multiplayer means, I'm not a 9 year old. If I offended any one I'm sorry 

1 hour ago, M.Pointing said:

Good Evening Zuggulak,

TruckersMP installs on your computer as its own program separate to your steam account and for the program to install all the relevant files, it requires administration permissions to be able to access the parts of your PC that it requires too. For this, your account must have administrator privileges. Unfortunately, without the admin privilges, the downloader will be unable to install the program and you will be unable to use the TruckersMP servers and platforms. To fix this issue, speak to the person who holds the administration account on your PC, this could be a spouse or a parent. Please also explain what the program is 'A multiplayer modification for ETS2 which allows you to converse and meet strangers online through the trucking game'

I hope this helps with your question,

Kind regards,

M.Pointing

2 hours ago, MrJonton01 [Safety/GER] said:

Then your Windows account is not having Administrator rights. Ask your parents to type in the Administrator password.

Remember, this is a Multiplayer modification for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and that's what you should tell your parents if they want to know what you want to install.

Hey there!

5 days have passed since the last answer to this topic was created. The topic is very inactive, that's why I'll close it now. If you still need help, feel free to contact us via support.truckersmp.com or create another topic in the general help section. 

Thanks for understanding and happy trucking!

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Unsolved due to inactivity