Don't Hide Bans

Glada_Laxen

Suggestion Description:

Recently we had a website update where bans are now hidden by default.

I cannot find any reason for this feature other than hiding the mistakes or abuse of Staff. 

This feature also prevents Virtual Trucking Companies from checking users' recent punishments and behaviour. 

We are also unable to see if a user have been banned for something we are about to report them for. And since reports are limited, unless you've sent in several others with a positive marking from the Staff that claimed the report, then people are unable to create reports effectively. 

And if we do report someone that is already banned, it will just say our report was denied. How are we supposed to know without being able to see the reported player's profile? 

I have also experienced abuse in the past by Staff members, it does not happen often, but it has happened. So, how are we supposed to know if a Staff member is not abusing their powers claiming the person is already banned, denying reports, but the player is actually not banned? 

This entire feature seems sketchy for me and looks like a poor attempt to hide mistakes and abuse of Staff. Sorry, but that's what it looks like. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Because why was it put in effect in the first place? What is gained from this? 

EDIT: I don't know if you will see this Scar, this is an edit after your reply, your reply do look promising, at least we should be able to see current active bans, which we do now if I understood your reply correctly. 

• Upvote 3

SHeDTix.png

When the project started, the management at that time decided to make - for whatever reason - punishments public. Since we don't want to encourage public shaming, we decided to revert this change and to make it private as we feel punishments are between the player and the system.

After we've done this for our staff, a part of the community demanded this to be applied on regular players too. While we've stated at that time that it could cause discussion, people kept requesting this. We've discussed this and decided to listen to our community, but yet again people are unhappy about this change.

In no way are we hiding things or do we want to cover issues by our staff. It's a logical change made which just looks strange since it's been public from the start.

Today, we've released an update that allows you to see how long the user is currently banned and we give you the option to make your own bans public or not. We've been told VTC owners like to use bans as a reference for new candidates, so by giving the option to show bans this would be solved in an acceptable way.

We have our own managers and leaders monitoring their teams to ensure no abuse is happening. We're taking further steps to improve our services over the time to come.

So while we understand the concern of potential abuse by staff, we're not going to do any change to the current flow:

- staff punishments remain hidden during their time as staff.

- non-staff punishments are hidden by default, can be made public through the settings.

• Like 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.