Driver Ranking System

HashMyth

Suggestion Name: Driver Rank System
Suggestion Description: License system that can control the violation road rules breakers

Any example images: None
Why should it be added?: So for example you have a driver rank posted under your in game name above your truck. This will be viewed as Stars:

[steam Avatar] [Player Name]

If your a troll, rammer, speed camera violation and red light runner, then the stars go down untill you hit 0 stars and are kicked.

each star = 2 violations

10 violation = 0 Stars

0 Star = kick

Each Star = 30min game play with 0 violations commited

So if you keep passing speed cameras, running red lights, you would loose a star per violation.

If you are ramming into many people, you would loose stars as well.

I am not sure how to get this to work with a accident as if you are rammed into or crash into someone, both would get a violation as the system don't care who run into who, just that 2 trucks hit one another.

The /report system will have to do on that unless code could be improved in detection if the accident happened if someone was on the wrong side of the road at the time of accident, or if someone just ran a red light and then had a impact would = star lossed for the one who ran the red light within a short time of the wreck. (like if redlight violation is detected, any accident within 5 sec also counts as a violation to the one who ran the red light)

I would also say test this on the US server as no one really plays on this server and would be a lighter impact to the EU server, also remove the 90kph and test a higher speed like 110kph.

Reason behind increase of the speed would alow for the level of responsibility to increase for the driver, you wan't to speed, okay speed, but you rack up to many violations, your kicked for 30mins.

• Upvote 3

I've only skimmed through this, but just one question...

How does the game diffrentiate between a collision that is caused on purpose, through an act of road rage or by trolls, or whether a collision is purely accidental, where no one is to blame because it is just that.. An accident?

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

In reply to EddieStobart:

There really is no way to do this, thats why I said the /report would still be needed for accidents and video/picture of violations like that.

The only thing that would be nice is if a admin could  be able to remove a star for a accident.

I understand de-sync and lag could also become a factor and theres not much you can do in charging who is at fault other then eye witness or video evidence

There are just too many flaws where accidents and intentional collisions are involved in this for it to be a good idea. No way for the game to know who is at fault, so an innocent person could be punished for the actions of another.

You say that this could be averted using video evidence. That would require pretty much everyone on ETS2mp to use some sort of video recorder when they play for that idea to work.

I just don't think this can be implemented in the way your idea suggests.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

what about just for red light and speeding violations?

Like I said, the /report would have to be used for collisions with other players. A admin would have to be the one to take away a star from the one found to have caused.

Also the rank system could be used to take away a star for a longer period of time.

If you get too many /reports and a admin finds you to be the cause of the wreck or multiple accidents, then you loose a star for a day.

Loose all 5 stars within 5 days and get banned forever.

The current ban system is very hard to figure out 100% of the time who is to blame... Unless a screen shot or video was captured.

There are many who are troll's and others who get caught in the wake of them... Others its de-sync and lag to blame.

Even a admin can't be watching every player. This rank system would help pin point a troll.

Also this will make players learn of there mistakes in game vs having to ban someone for a 1st offense and fill out a ban appeal. If you loose all 5 stars in 5 days, forget the appeal, it's obvous you should not be playing and can't follow rules.

And the video was ment for admins who are recording and taking screen shots. (But streamers/youtube users already caputre video anyway for just such a reason)

That would cause too much work for the admins, not even considering the amount of work they get already. The system is also very confusing, and I don't believe it would affect many people until the last star.

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

I like this, is some kind of combination between a player "level" ranking and a driver license point system lots of people ask for. +1

Maybe it´s quite a  lot of coding work, but it´s really usefull and the point-system is necessary in my opinion to avoid so much law breakers. While the crash detection is improved this can handle all the other stuff controlled by the game like speed, red lights, etc.

lkRjRkb.png

It's an interesting suggestion which could be implemented but without the "you lose stars for running red lights", that's a little excessive because sometimes the Traffic Lights get glitched and don't function properly so then what do you do? You have no choice but to run the light. 

if this does get implemented, admins should be able to add/remove stars without having to go into the actual server files to edit them etc.

39.png

I like this idea.. Drivers rank based on red light/wrong way... But crash should not be included, as its way too much overhead on everyone.. And admin kick/ban could affect the rank.. I dont agree with starrs.. Maybe a ranking between 1 to 100 should be good.. 

And there should be a way to improve his ranking.. For example.. Calculating offences/kicks in proportion to the number of hours driven would improve the rank again..

It could be a better way to identify good drivers.. and make others feel a bit more responsible..

I believe all these will be possible only with driver side profiles, Which is already in an accepted suggestion i believe..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.