Speed Limit Bug

[ETS2MPI_299] Jason C.H

Question

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mod Version: 0.2.2.3.1/ETS2 1.30.2.9s
Controllers Used: XBOX 360 Controller.
Description of Issue: In every server, my speed limit keeps getting turned on at the game setting after I disabled it. I've also turned off the speed limit option in the multiplayer's mod menu but it's no use.
How to reproduce: Driving below the speed limit at all time.
Screenshots / Videos: None.

7 answers to this question

Hello 

if you want to disable the game speed limiter, which you can access through the main menu of ETS 2 in the gameplay settings, and the game enables the speed limiter again at each restart, try to change it in the config file. Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now.

• Community Manager

Hai, 

It sounds like you are being limited from World of Trucks. Are you doing a World of Trucks contract? If so, it limits you to 90 kmh/55mph. If this is not the case, please try CrackPrewier's suggestion.

Regards.

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

11 hours ago, CrackPrewier said:

Hello 

if you want to disable the game speed limiter, which you can access through the main menu of ETS 2 in the gameplay settings, and the game enables the speed limiter again at each restart, try to change it in the config file. Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to disable it from the config.cfg that you've suggested me to do but it is still happening. Do you have any other suggestion? Thanks.

9 hours ago, xBestBBx said:

Hai, 

It sounds like you are being limited from World of Trucks. Are you doing a World of Trucks contract? If so, it limits you to 90 kmh/55mph. If this is not the case, please try CrackPrewier's suggestion.

Regards.

Hi, Thanks for the reply!

I want to ask, what do you mean about the "World of Trucks contract"? Is it a job or what? Because I was using the scout car when I noticed that there is this speed limit (so I was not doing any job, just freeroam). I do have an account at the World of Truck but does it affects this speed limit problem (maxed out at 150 km/h)? Because I've been the member of World of Trucks for quite some time and before I never had any of this problem. And do you have any solution if indeed I was in part of the contract and I want to disable the contract? Thanks.

Edited by DesertEagle26
//merged

The developers decided to set a speed limit in all servers, 150 Km/h for all vehicles, as an attempt to lower the number of "accidents" caused by reckless driving, mainly with cars (too many people playing "NFS-style"). So it's not a bug, simply a security measure implemented in the MP mod. There's no way to override this limit, other than speed-hacking. And speed-hacking will probably get you perma-banned.