We Need ATS MP For Mac

Sthomas1121

Lets start this off without a hello.

All the post and topics about this always get blown over but an unsuportive comunity. Though you all think the mac comunity for ATM is a small number it is not. If the devs would put work into getting ATS MP for Macbook the pay off would be on another level.

I know me wining about it not being on mac wont get us anywhere, but can I get an update. Is there something I missed while spending more time searching a way to play ATS MP with my friends then playing? Is there a way of useing wineskin I missed? I understand that the mod is big and you guys think the workload wont show a pay out, but maybe try it for the next update or something. Give us Mac players a chance to show our numbers. 

If you check my ‘About me’ you’ll be able to see that I use an iMac myself when I (occasionally) play ETS2MP.

Wine and WineBottler don’t work anymore after February 2016, as they don’t support 64 bit emulation (32 bit support for TMP was discontinued coinciding with the release of ATS, which doesn’t have an official 32 bit version- this saves devs workload).

What you should do is use Boot Camp Assistant (Finder>Applications>Utilities) to install Windows 64 bit as a separate partition and dual boot with Windows. You could also try and use a virtual machine, but these have poor gaming performance in general). You can download a Windows Installation ISO (with a valid Windows product key- these can be bought for less than £5 from eBay) officially from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/home

I wouldn’t suggest anything right now in terms of Mac support, there’s a small explanation from a former dev in this thread:

32 Bit support:
This will not happen, 32 bit accounts for less than 8% of the Steam user base, and maintaining a 3rd platform that is being superseded just doesn't make sense. Instead of requesting this or donating for us to support it, put that money towards a new 64-bit capable computer (though a lot of systems sold after 2005 are 64 bit capable, you just need to switch to a 64 bit OS).

Linux support:
This is relatively often suggested, it's kind of planned but won't come anytime soon, this is due to the frequency of patches from SCS that makes this infeasible to maintain multiple versions of the mod.

OS X support:
See Linux support

• Game Developer

@Sthomas1121 I have Linux Ubuntu and I must have dual boot with Windows, too. It is not only for TMP, but you will also appreciate it for other games. :)

And it would be hard then to keep updated both version (Windows and Mac) at the same time. That is also why 32-bit version was removed (as the linked topic above says it).

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

Archived