Road Rescue

TeamDeer

Suggestion Name:  Tow Truck Ranks

Suggestion Description:  There should be a sub rank added under game mods. This rank would be road rescue or tow truck rank. These people would drive around in trucks and be able to teleport players to service but nothing else (such as kicking, banning, etc. although maybe kicking only (possibly)) These individuals would need to undergo an interview process just like any other part of TMP staff. They would also answer to the game mod team leader as well. I'm not saying that they should replace mods or anything like that just thinking this might help mods with players blocking or players who continue to drive despite having max damage and their engine keep shutting off.  This would also help by extending the coverage area for game mods. (they can't be everywhere all the time right?) (Very few mods on if any during late night TMP times 3:00 UTC; problems,  trolls and traffic jams do happen) The tow trucks  would also be responsible for doing record reports (where applicable) or perhaps getting attention of a mod (having the mod teleport there to sort out a big mess) Furthermore, these trucks could drive the speed limits on roads to encourage good driving habits and behavior. (yield signs, traffic lights) Think back to real life, you are always going to  behave around a cop car. :) Also want to add other than teleporting to service and maybe kicking these trucks can't block, overtake, or anything else that breaks the TMP rules.  They can drive around or perhaps sit in key areas. (think Calais roundabout, CD road interchanges, Duisburg T junction,  many more spots)

pXWsF73.jpg

Any example images

Why should it be added?: In the real world when you crash your truck you have to call a wrecker service. This could be a neat nod to that idea.  I know we have /fix and f7 but I think this would be a great detail in the world. Most people smile when they actually see an admin drive by or sitting on the side of the road. These tow trucks could be a good extension to that - showing that TMP staff is out there in person rather than just red text at the bottom of the screen. I think it would be a great addition to the community to have someone driving around that can pass by and lend aid. A neat little detail in Euro Truck. This is sort of like when some mods drive trucks and deliver loads yet they are still being a mod at the same time. It could be a test feature to start out with just a few dedicated people and then if it does not work well it can be scrapped or extended if well received. I know some people would be interested in doing this because  people love to just drive around in cars making this a perfect job for them.  Finally, these tow trucks could be used to support VTC's that do convoys. They could follow in the back and help if someone gets stuck or rammed off the road or what not.

Sorry if this seems a bit scattered brained. I just wanted to get  this great idea on here for consideration. I hope this is accepted - don't let me down! :)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I can only imagine this getting out of control. While the key idea seems alright for a role playing experience, it's not going to work here. I surely understand many people would be interested in such a thing, but that also comes with dangers. 

We're increasing our Game Moderator team, and combined with some plans we have, the in-game situation should improve and lower the needs for things like this. At the end of the day, some servers hold more than 3000 players. The more different ranks we introduce that hold special permissions and authorities in-game, the bigger the mess will become.

We don't have plans to introduce anything like this.

• Thanks 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.