Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New & Confused

Ian411

Question

Hi.  So, being now I want to say sorry, this is probably in the wrong place and I might be asking a question that has been asked a thousand times already.   But I can't seem to find a good, legitimate, answer to my question.   Quick background, I got a new computer for Christmas, instantly transferred, steam and ATS (sadly, I lost all my stuff [But hey, New Year, Why not start fresh?])  Then after watching multiple videos on how to download TruckersMP.   I did I right.............I think..................  So I made a desktop shortcut so i could just launch and play.  Heres where the question comes into play.......   I launched TruckersMP,  celebrated with joy as this is the farthest I've ever gotten on trying to download this.  (Its a long story full of failure.).      Then I clicked Launch ATS and it gave me.....image.png.69e3fc7f426140c664f854a5413634a4.png

I've Clicked Yes and waited but nothing happened, so I clicked No and that got me nowhere.   Sooooo,  What can I do/What needs to be done/Is it my end or your end/please help

9 answers to this question

Yep, that's a common question, but it's easy to answer :) 

1. Go to your steam library.
  2. Do a right click on American Truck Simulator
  3. Click on Properties. A window will appear.
  4. Switch to to "Betas" tab 
  5. Select here the beta "temporary_1_29 - 1.29.1.1 for incompatible mods"
  6. Steam will start a download, wait until it has finished.
  7. Start the MP Launcher again and click on "Launch ATS". 

This time it should work.

Remember: When the latest version of ATS is supported by TMP (means an available update will appear in the launcher), you have to unsubscribe from the beta again.

• Like 2

Thanks,  I'm trying it out now.  Fingers Crossed, I'm not the luckiest when it comes to electronics...

For the future, How would I opt out of it?  Do I click "NONE-Opt out of all betas"    or something else.....

Exactly.

TruckersMP does usually not support betas, but at the moment the launcher hasn't been updated to the latest version (1.29.2.4) of the game. Hence it's necessary to use the beta of the previous version (1.29.1.1).

Sometime in the future you will get a similar error message that tells you the opposite... something like "Unsupported game version detected. Expected: 1.29.2.4 You have: 1.29.1.1". And at that moment you need to select NONE in the beta menu in order to make it working. 

10 hours ago, Ian411 said:

For the future, How would I opt out of it?  Do I click "NONE-Opt out of all betas"    or something else.....

You can see the current versions here:

There are instructions, too! :) 

Best regards 

~GGF MD~

Edited by GGF MD

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

It worked!    This is great, you have no idea how much I've wanted to play this.    

I have 2 questions........Well more ones more like a clarification,  I launched, then joined no problem except for some mods I left active which sent me on a which hunt on how to fix it.   Pretty sure I did it right,  so then I joined in and it said Ghost Mode blinking at the top of my screen,   could I get a clarification on what that means?