truck poor at pulling 22T 6x2 & 6X4 Chassis

gazpode_l

Hi

Recently been trying other trucks apart from my trusted IVECO (modded with the 750hp volvo engine for MP)

What I have found is that when I change the chassis, (apart from making changes to the gearbox) to anything with 6 wheels it appears somehow to make the heavier standard trailers feel much heavier in weight and has a severe degrading effect on the truck's ability to pull.

Yet when I reverse the process and employ a 4x2 chassis this feels as though there is much more power available.

I have even recently used my iveco 4x2 to pull the 36T and 42T trailers in the heavy cargo pack, and these do not feel as heavy to pull as the 22T does with a 6x2 & 6x4 chassis.

Ive tested this with a high end engine using my other favourite truck, the modern volvo FH as well as both next-gen scannia R & S as well as the other older scania R 2012 and streamline models with similar results.

cant say how it is in ETS with the heavy cargo pack since I don't own it, but I do notice I have an easier time with the heavier normal cargos, accelerating and hauling with the 6x4 chassis and the transmission with the most gears avalible. such as with the Volvo FH I use the 14 speed transmission, the Scanias I use the 12+2 (though I haven't found a need for the 2 crawler gears) and for the merc. I use the 16 speed. the Volvo and the merc seem to have better accel and pulling power with the more gears to spread the power over. it also helps me with my shifting timing since I play ATS and use the 18 speed with retarder exclusively, even when not hauling anything from the heavy cargo pack, which for ATS I do own. I can also say that it helps the trucks with lower top hp and torque haul the heavier loads as well.

Hello,

it is true, that you have more stability with 6x2 and 6x4 chassies then with 4x2, because they are longer and the trailer has more contact to the truck.

So I am using for cargos until 25 Tons a 4x2 chassie truck and for cargos up to 26 tons I am using the 6x4 chassie (Heavy cargo).

Specially if you are in a quarry and you want to get out of it it can be useful when you have a 6x4 chassie because more wheels are driven.

So I totally agree with you.

~Shawk2k50

• 2 weeks later...

4x2 or 8x4 is best for heavy loads, mid and rear lift for some reason slow you down too much on big hills but once lifted the wheel it pulls good, so i suppose this is bug with scs

• 2 weeks later...

Archived