HELP WANTED: TMP not starting in Windows 10 Home

TheRealKowalski

Question

Dear community,

I know, at least a few of you might think "this is a known topic". But I really did a deep search for an answer through the forums (and google, ofc) and could not find a solution to my problem.

So here is the story:

I was using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and everything was working fine.

Then I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Home) and installed the current NVIDIA driver, windows 10, 64 bit. (I know, never change a running system...)

After that, TMP did not start anymore.

After doubleclicking the TMP launcher, it does... nothing. For a few second, the "waiting mouse icon" appears, but reverts to the normal mouse pointer.

No window opens, no error message, no process appears in the task manager, nothing.

I already de- and reinstalled TMP several times, including deleting the TMP folders etc.

Also, installing and or running TMP as administrator, and/or in different compability modes (windows 8 or 7)  did not make it throw anything at me.

Edit:

And I deactivated the windows firewall as well.

TMP just sits there, obviously doing nothing.

So I wonder, what might cause this behaviour?

What prerequsites does TMP need? I reinstalled C++ distributable also.

Any other software packages that it needs to run properly?

Btw, ETS2 itself is running just fine. It is only TMP that won't run.

Any help is appreciated.

10 answers to this question

Hello there,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 is needed and .Net Framework 4.5+ for starters.

What level is your User Account Control (UAC)?

Your problem is with the launcher and not the game itself that's why the verification suggestion wasn't shown^

Do you run any program that shows you usage statistics while you are in-game? Such as MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server?

You said at your 1st post that you have deleted the TruckersMP folder. Did you delete from both Program Files and ProgramData?

• Upvote 1
•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

8 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Hello there,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 is needed and .Net Framework 4.5+ for starters.

What level is your User Account Control (UAC)?

Thanks for your fast reply.

I have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed.

And Windows 10 has the .Net Framework 4.7 already included, so this _should_ be compatible, no?

My account has administrator privileges, and the slider of the UAC is on "standard" (second from top).

Also, completely disabling the UAC (slider to the bottom) did not help.

@GGF MD:

I got your message, thanks for that. I let steam check the local files from ETS2, and obviously, all is fine. But broblem still unchanged.

Any other suggestions?

7 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

Your problem is with the launcher and not the game itself that's why the verification suggestion wasn't shown^

Do you run any program that shows you usage statistics while you are in-game? Such as MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistics Server?

Good idea, but no, I don't use any of these and so none of them are installed.

7 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

You said at your 1st post that you have deleted the TruckersMP folder. Did you delete from both Program Files and ProgramData?

Sorry, did not catch that post: Yes, I deleted program and data folders.

TruckersMP launcher contains files in C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP not just in Program Files.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

9 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

TruckersMP launcher contains files in C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP not just in Program Files.

Yes, I know, and I always deleted both folders. Like I said, I already tried almost every solution.

I reinstalled TMP now again, and it does not show a TMP folder in  C:\ProgramData.

Even after trying to start the application. Could this be a hint...?

You don't have those files because those files will appear after you download the game files (after launcher opens).

Are your registry paths correct? Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TruckersMP

6 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

You don't have those files because those files will appear after you download the game files (after launcher opens).

Are your registry paths correct? Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TruckersMP

Confirmed. I installed TMP to default path ("C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher"), and this is also showing up in the registry.

1 hour ago, AlexSuperHD said:

Hi there!

1. Is this problem only relatable to TMP?
  2. Have you ever tried going into safemode? I have no idea how the launcher works, but a lot of Windows problems are solved this way.

1. Lets say it this way - since the upgrade to windows 10, I did not experience any issues with other programs.

2. I followed your suggestion (safe mode), but TMP shows the same symptoms, when starting.

So what I did now is completely reset windows 10. This way, I should be able to rule out any errors that might have occured during the upgrade from windows 7.

Now I have to reinstall a lot of programs, what will take a while.

I will come back here, as soon as installed steam, ETS2 and TMP again.

Thanks so far to everyone for your help. To be continued...

Hello everyone,

I am back with good news.

After completely resetting windows 10 and reinstalling the software, TMP is now running smoothly again.

It is a pity, that I was not able to find out the reasons, why it suddenly stopped working after the upgrade.

So the "solution" was a wipe of the operating system (what is no real solution in the way I understand it).

Anyway, many thanks to you guys for your help, case closed.

See you on the road.

• Like 1