Game Freezes when I try to play TruckersMP

Liamka7

Question

Hello. Whenever I open TruckersMP, my game freezes after logging in. My game works fine when launching Euro Truck Simulator 2 without TMP, but otherwise freezes up. I have tried removing plugins and waiting about 10 minutes, neither of which have worked for me. If you know a possible solution, please help! Attached is a video of what is happening. Thanks!   

-LiamKA7

16 answers to this question

Please try the following:

1. Verify your game cache via Steam.
  2. Re-install the launcher.
  3. Run as administrator.
  4. Create a new profile.

In addition, do you have any drivers in-game? This can sometimes occur when you have a lot of Money / Garages / Drivers etc..

Also, from your video it shows that the World of Trucks icon next to your profile is still moving, which would make me think your game is not frozen. Could this be an issue with your mouse? From similar topics about this, 'after removing the profiles, making a new one and moving the old profiles back the mouse works'.

Please let me know if this helped, or if your issue still persists.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Have you tried to play in single player and see if that happens?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Are you using any program which hooks something into your memory? Like SweetFX, ReShade, RivaTuner Statistics Server (FPS counter) etc etc?

When you are at login screen you have the Windows cursor while you should have the game cursor.

I don't think your game is frozen something else does not allow you to click on the profile. Please tell us if the new profile worked for you.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

It might be said already but i will repeat myself in some steps.

Make sure you have checked "Run as Admin" the TruckersMP shortcut and also when you have your launcher open press F1 it will force the launcher to download the files for 1 more time.

Also what brand is your mouse?

Hi Dear @Liamka7

To fix your problem, you only have to wait. This can take you about 15 minutes. But especially when your game freeze, does nothing more, do not touch your computer anymore and be patient.  

The Reason of the Game Freezing like this is because of:
You have a lot of Money / Garages / Drivers etc.

Link: 

King Regards
BaldemarDeutsch..

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

31 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

Have you tried to play in single player and see if that happens?

Yes, I have tried and Singleplayer works fine. I have just let my game sit for 30 minutes and it did not catch up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and TruckersMP, I will now just have to try a new profile. Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

Are you using any program which hooks something into your memory? Like SweetFX, RivaTuner Statistics Server etc etc?

When you are at login screen you have the Windows cursor while you should have the game cursor.

I don't think your game is frozen something else does not allow you to click on the profile. Please tell us if the new profile worked for you.

The new profile did not work. To my knowledge I do not have a program that hooks into my memory. As for the Windows cursor, I have no clue... my game was working just fine last night. Thanks for the help. Edit.-- I have Fraps but ets2 won't start even when its not running.

Edited by Liamka7

I have checked "Run as Admin" in the properties of the Shortcut. I have also tried switching from NONE-Opt out of all beta programs to 1.28 Public beta, which also did nothing. The brand of my mouse is CMStorm but I don't think it is my mouse. When I hit F1 the launcher stopped responding.. still super confused but thanks again.

Your launcher stopped responding, that's an interesting discovery. Did you install the launcher into your main drive (C:) and outside the game folder? eg. C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher

Since your launcher crashed start by installing Microsoft Visual C++ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840 and update your .Net Framework if you haven't already https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170

• Thanks 1

I am now installing C++ and .Net framework. If I am correct this requires a restart so I will most likely be back within 10 minutes. Am also doing the disk cleanup.. will see what happens after that, re installation and restart. Thanks all.

Edited by Liamka7

I'll wait no worries. If that doesn't help hit me up with a PM, i could try and provide some help with TeamViewer if you want.

Glad you could make your game work. I guess the last steps helped. If you ever need anything else feel free to hop on the forums and ask.