Euro Truck Simulator 2 Stops Responding and Freezes Upon Resting or Entering a Ferry

Trucking Canadian

Question

Hello, it seems that every time I attempt to rest, quick travel, or use a ferry in game, ETS2 stops responding and the game screen freezes. Occasionally, the time "passes" and the game unfreezes while other times I'm forced to press the reset button on my computer. Alt F4 never works and the cursor doesn't appear in the task manager. Any potential reasons why this may happen and are there any accompanying solutions to this issue?

Edited by Trucking Canadian

5 answers to this question

I believe the reason for this is the amount of drivers, garages and trucks you own as this takes longer for the game to close down fully. If you just wait for the game to load it will eventually weather this is after 10mins or 30mins+. This all depends on the amount of things the game has to load etc. This happens whenever you sleep, travel via ferry/train and/or closing the game at the end of your session

This time can be reduced by you getting rid of most drivers and unwanted trucks. This is a very common issue for lots of people and you can find many posts about it. Patients is key for your game to unfreeze. 

You may want to look at this also:

-MJ

Hi Dear @Trucking Canadian

Please fallow these methods 

To fix your problem, you only have to wait. This can take you about 15 minutes. But especially when your game freeze, does nothing more, do not touch your computer anymore and be patient.  

The Reason of the Game Freezing like this is because of:
You have a lot of Money / Garages / Drivers etc.

Link: 

İf you have still problem after make these , Please send a comment 

King Regards 

BaldemarDeutsch...

Edited by BaldemarDeutsch [EN\TR]

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

Due to MP being more in the future then your single player gameplay it will cause your game to freeze/crash if you have players. As it will load all the data which your drivers have earned and did over the time period of SP and MP. You can fix this by

• Waiting 15 minutes
  • Fire all your drivers on SP. 
  • Have 2 accounts 1 for single player and 1 for Multiplayer (Incase you don't want to get rid of your drivers in SP)