'No-claim discount'

Funkenstein

This topic is mainly directed towards the development team and ingame moderators.

Since shortly I received my first ban after two years free of bans (yes, one ban earlier but that was a ban by mistake). 

That two years of good behavior; within my Veteran Trucker status, went off unnoticed in my eyes. 

Two years of good behavior flushed down the toilet because of a (minor) incident which occured out of an impulse. 

In my view, it's just mentioned when you're doing something wrong (obviously), but how is that ever going to be encouraging to have a good behavior and respective attitude towards your community?

Now I'm not going to play the victim card for my ban at all, but the reason I mention this is because it'll add content to the topic.. 

You see, most (serious) players don't want to get punished obviously, so just for that reason they follow the rules (mostly).

They know that they can be punished for breaking the server rules. 

But when I note the fact that those with the rank Veteran Trucker (players who are over a year part of this community) are somehow treated a bit more respected by having a special (hidden) topic made for them so only those with experience can view and make topics within that, am I wondering all the other posibilities you can do with this special rank!

For example: with a car insurance, you have a 'no-claim discount'. If you drive a year free of (damage) claims, you get a discount as reward for your good driving behavior. 

That is giving the drivers an extra boost to not drive any damage by fault (or at least trying not to)! 

Now I've noticed, that on fully own will a specific admin did a give-away for those within the community. That if they do something in return (following TruckersMP on Twitter, subscribing on the official YouTube and following the admin who give out the give-away on social media). But this means it's free-to-enter for everyone. Now my proposal is, still in the view of rewarding good behavior: what if you only reward those who aren't banned for a year and achieved the rank 'Legend' or 'Veteran Driver'? You'll give them an extra boost for their good behavior so they know it means something, they'll see they are part of this caring community and that their behavior is noticed (and I'm not talking about the rank only, this is something which you automatically receive after being part of this community for more than a year).. Since the rank 'Veteran Driver' is achieved automatically, it shouldn't be too hard to notify those free of ban punishments with that rank of a 'gift' they'll receive for good behavior wouldn't it? 

Because honestly, if you just punish bad behavior with a zero-tolerance policy at least reward good behavior with an encouraging statement to drive safely, respectful and loyal to the community. 

In theoritcal view, it's something like only those who have a good reputation on the forum and ingame can become admins. But as not everyone wants to become part of the TruckersMP, or is not qualified to be taken part of this team (for example you need to have a certain level of posts before you can apply to a status within the TruckersMP team, but I am more actively ingame than I am on this Forum and I know many more fellow truckers are since there are more players in that game than on this forum. 

You need to give us; the loyal but silent truckers, the idea that we do matter after all. Encouraging good behavior for the 'civilian' rank, not just for the 'elite' ranks! 

There's already a reward of sorts for veteran drivers: the Veteran drivers subforum. And being myself a "veteran driver" and having a clean ban history, I don't really need any extra motivations, other than keeping my account ban-free. I discovered long ago that you can achieve this by driving carefully, respecting the rules, respecting all other players (yes, even trolls) and NEVER going to the chat or CB radio when you're involved in an incident, unless you can keep your cool. It could be useful to set some kind of rewards for people who have been playing for a long time without any bans, as an incentive for others to try playing that way, but there are too many players that only see the game as a way to have fun, even if that means breaking the rules, so I don't think it would make a great difference.

Anothe thing: the current giveaways are being done by a user, because he decided to, nothing to do with rewarding or punishing good or bad users. Maybe with promoting the mod, but nothing else.

And not all trolls are caught... Someone could be a veteran driver, with more than 2 years of ban free history and at the same time,  be a completely disrespectful (and very lucky) troll that was never reported or could never be proved guilty by lack of evidence. And those players would be rewarded as well with this system, because they would fulfill the requirements.

The other face to that coin is yourself. Respectful player for over 2 years, just one day you lost your temper and your ban history is no longer clean, which would leave you out of any rewards. One simple mistake shouldn't erase all your previous exemplary behaviour IMO.

Good point @FernandoCR [ESP], although the rank Veteran Driver is achieved automatically by being part of the community for (more than a) year. There should also be a rank on the forums 'Legend', where one has zero ban punishments on it's name for (more than a) year or something.. Although one ban won't expire forever, so that's quite hard to count it fairly especially in an automatic system I guess..

@sko0923 Maybe it won't mean a lot to everyone, but it's at least a sign of "thank you for being a fair player" whether it'll mean something or not will it? 

I do like this idea as an initiative for people to not break any rules.  However, I really do not see how many more rewards can be given.  Apart from a commendation I think it is more a case of personal pride rather than being given public recognition on here

Well, lets look at it this way... In real life, do you get punished when you shoplift something? - Yes you do

In real life, Do you get anything for living your life the way you want without breaking the rules? - No, You dont!

However in order to become a police man/woman you must have a clear history of criminal charges... its kinda the same here... why should you be rewarded for following the rules? There really is no reason for that...

Now then... HOWEVER (again) In real life, when you do a good job at your work, you get promoted (maybe) or when you are being an exemplary citizen, you could get public commendation for your good deeds... 

SO, when you do something useful for the whole community, for instance: catch trolls and rammers on recording and report them for the admins to take care of them, you should get some rewards for catchin a number of perpetrators... that is my idea at least... Then again... what could possibly be a reward you get... Deputy rank? :D he he hee

^ you have to remember that this game can be played on old pcs or ones with intel graphics chips.  You can't expect everyone to record because their pcs will not be able to handle it.  Therefore that would be highly unfair on those who are not able to report (you cannot expect everyone to buy a new pc).

And you wouldn't get any other benefits for that rank.  You would need to be recruited into the truckersmp team and go through the vigorous selection process

Archived