Ping Issues

lockhorn

Question

Hey guys,

I recently purchased ATS for the multiplayer experience. However I am getting high pings from both the European & American servers. My ping ranges between 250-260.

I will speak to my ISP as well to address the issue and for that would need the IP addresses of both the servers.

Could anyone please help me with the IP addresses.

Regards,

Lochtech

10 answers to this question

Hello @lochtech,

Based upon your location, if you wish to play on an American or a European server I'd recommend using an American / European VPN. That should help with regards to your ping issues.

Regards,

Edited by Mirrland

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hello and welcome to the forums. @lochtech

Please can I ask which country you're located in? 

Also do you use wi-fi or an Ethernet connection. I recommend using an Ethernet cable.

Also do you have any other applications running? Try exiting them when running MP.

You can run a speed test and post the results here! http://www.speedtest.net/

Hi lochtech,

Try doing something known as flushing your DNS to see if it improves your ping:

> Press Start or the Windows icon via your desktop taskpane
> Search for "cmd"
> Right click the "cmd" icon and select "Run as Administrator"
> Within cmd - Type this command:   "ipconfig /flushdns"     (Without any quotation " " marks)
> Wait for this to complete. 
> Relaunch MP and see if your ping is still high. 

Restarting your router is another good step to take.

Along with the above, you can find a few more steps specified by MrHarv over at this thread: 

You can also check your internet speeds via this website: http://www.speedtest.net/ (If you could post your results, it can help us see if your internet speed is an issue). 

Hello @lochtech 

Try this

Go to Controll panel , then network and sharing center , After that click on Change adapter settings.

Now it will show you your connections , Right click on your network device and choose properties 

Click on ''Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) , and hit properties 

Now it will pop up a window that has your IP and DNS blanks in it , Change the dns to 

Preferred dns: 

Alternitave dns: 

For a more clear tutorial enter this link , https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-in-windows-7/ 

28 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Hello and welcome to the forums. @lochtech

Please can I ask which country you're located in? 

Also do you use wi-fi or an Ethernet connection. I recommend using an Ethernet cable.

Also do you have any other applications running? Try exiting them when running MP.

You can run a speed test and post the results here! http://www.speedtest.net/

Hello buddy,

thanks.

I am from India, using ethernet connection.

Yes i make sure there is no application running in the background.

sharing the speedtest result. 

6356264747.png

@lochtechFrom your location I can see that you are very far from the Europe and American servers, along with your internet speedtest results; it explains why you are experiencing such a high ping.  I suggest connecting to the Hong Kong server for a lower ping (but the server is a lot quieter than the europe ones)/

10 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

Hello @lochtech,

Based upon your location, if you wish to play on an American or a European server I'd recommend using an American / European VPN. That should help with regards to your ping issues.

Regards,

Hello @Mirrland

Thanks for the advice.

My question remains.

Lets say am connecting through VPN to US server.

The US server will connect the VPN(ideally nearby US only), however the VPN will finally route to me at India. So the geographical distance remains the same.

That's what I presume.

Or do you have any other explanation?

2 hours ago, lochtech said:

Hello @Mirrland

Thanks for the advice.

My question remains.

Lets say am connecting through VPN to US server.

The US server will connect the VPN(ideally nearby US only), however the VPN will finally route to me at India. So the geographical distance remains the same.

That's what I presume.

Or do you have any other explanation?

@lochtech,

No matter what methods you use to connect to European or American based servers, you will experience a high ping based on your geographical location. Regardless of VPNs and what not.

The best solution is to use the Hong Kong server, as previously mentioned, albeit that may be a much quieter server, that's your ideal server to connect to.

You can still use EU/US servers, you will just experience high ping.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules