Got 42.000.000 € from nowhere!

KarWe

Question

I was driving from Venice to Milano. When I left the highway for Milano I had a minor accident. I got worried because I knew I didnt have much money for repairs. But when I checked, i had ~42.905.000 €! Just some minutes before that I only got 93.905 €. My company was very small, just one driver and me.

6 answers to this question

Hi there,

this is a really strange behaviour of the game, and this could only be a bug. 
As far as I know this bug must be related to the base game, and shouldn't really have something to do with the MP.

Hope I could help.

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

Although this post is quite old, to other people possibly reading this in the future for support: the actual reason this happened is down to the fact of the time/day difference between singleplayer and multiplayer.

You most likely started this profile in singleplayer, however when you launched the profile in multiplayer; multiplayer is many days ahead from the beginning time period of singleplayer. Because of the large time difference, the game thinks your driver has worked over those many days and thus a huge income is generated when the switch from singleplayer to multiplayer happens.

^ It is all down to the time you have skipped upon the switch of game modes. 

• Upvote 1

It's a type of bug if you really want to call it a bug. But it's really not a bug, it's an issue with the MP clock and SP clock. 

In SP when we stop playing time freezes, in MP when we stop playing time keeps going. As a result if we log off of SP for example game time May 1st and log into MP the game time might be May 30th. If you have drivers the game calculates the money those drivers would have made in that time frame thus the sudden increase in money.

The only way to get rid of this money is to use cheat engine and get rid of it OR rack up a bunch of repair bills. To stop this from happening fire ALL of your drivers and have a SP profile and a MP profile. The SP will have all of the mods, drivers etc and the MP save should only have a truck for yourself and that's it. 

• Upvote 2

Trucking Gekco seems to be correct here. I had a very similar problem, where I got somewhere in the area of one billion euros while taking a ferry.

After dismissing all my drivers, I have never had it happen again.