Game acting weird on multiplayer...

LordBenji

Question

I noticed that a very few times, my game would "alt + tab" itself out (usually less than 10 minutes after I go in multiplayer). Then about roughly an hour or two max, the game would just freeze while the sounds keep playing. Can't "ctrl + shift + esc" or "ctrl + alt + del", my gaming laptop just doesn't want to know s***. Which forces me to keep my power button pressed while I'm at stop in the middle of traffic... And what's really odd, I played in single player and absolutely nothing happened, it just played like a charm like it used to in both sp and mp...

It was not happening before until a very few days ago!! I did not install anything except maybe the Teamspeak update.

Nothing was showing in game logs when the "freeze" would happen, just a bunch of skoda camera warnings (while I'm driving a truck) and then it just stopped.

EDIT: I may have found the source of the freeze, it might be because I was messing with trailer cargo mass (save editing). Since I brought it back to 0 kg, game didn't freeze in mp so far. Crosses fingers... Will mess around stuff to see if it's definitely the cause of it.

Edited by LordBenji
Updated some info
  • Upvote 1

KkdaC1b.png

3 answers to this question

Another program may be running and causing it to crash or you have an unsupported mod which is causing it to crash also what are your specs?

This sounds to me like your install of TruckersMP might have a memory leak. To fix this, I would suggest reinstalling TMP. 

Another reason this might be happening is because MP is a lot more demanding than SP so it will be a lot harder on both your CPU and GPU. If you overclock your GPU or CPU I would suggest bringing it down 100-200mhz to see if that helps or, if your able to, try pushing up the voltage a little bit.

I'm not sure how much knowledge you have about computers, but I can happily assist you if you want to PM me on steam. 

6237934428.png