Best truck to allocate employees in ATS?

pete_agreatguy

Hi all,

I'm about to start hiring soon in ATS and am wondering what is the best truck to buy to allocate drivers. This is for single player mode, not multiplayer. :) 

I have a few questions:

1) Does having a sleeper cab have any impact on what jobs are done by employees? i.e. increase the chance of them doing larger jobs?

2) Does the amount of HP matter?

3) Which is the cheapest option?

Thanks for your help :)

Remember ATS, not ETS2 :lol:

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

When the game was first released, it didn't matter what trucks you bought for your hired drivers, then they released an update in which they changed that, so better trucks would mean more income from the drivers. Other than that, I don't think it's that important, a small tank will make the driver to refuel more, nothing else. More powerful trucks, as I understood that update release notes, should make a difference. Last time I hired drivers, I bought them the Scout car. Since they don't actually drive on the roads, it's the cheapest option and it works for getting money from their jobs, so...

14 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

When the game was first released, it didn't matter what trucks you bought for your hired drivers, then they released an update in which they changed that, so better trucks would mean more income from the drivers. Other than that, I don't think it's that important, a small tank will make the driver to refuel more, nothing else. More powerful trucks, as I understood that update release notes, should make a difference. Last time I hired drivers, I bought them the Scout car. Since they don't actually drive on the roads, it's the cheapest option and it works for getting money from their jobs, so...

@FernandoCR, I meant for single player mode :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

I'm not sure if it makes a big difference in how powerful of a truck you give your drivers even after the change they made. Personally I'd grab whichever truck is cheapest, remove any of the optional mudflaps, mirrors etc. and also select the cheapest customization option if it isn't already slected.

Also all of the trucks that are currently in ATS have the same gearboxes, chassis and engines available (because the trucks are all made by the same company) - apart from the Kenworth W900 which has slightly more powerful engines. So if you want to use the most powerful truck, go with the W900.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

Right ok,

I spent a good 15 minutes researching this.

I modified these trucks to have:

a. The highest rated engine (most horsepower)

b. The cheapest transmission with a retarder

c. Most economic tyres

d. Largest fuel tank with a mid lift chassis

Currently my cheapest options are as follows:

Duty Cabin:

Peterbilt 579 is cheapest at $132.355

Day Cab:

Kenworth W900 is cheapest at $133.905

Studio Sleeper cabin:

Kenworth W900 is cheapest at $155.195

Low Roof Sleeper cabin:

Peterbilt 389 is cheapest at $156.705

So my next question is; does having a sleeper cabin affect the length of jobs that a driver will get or is this unknown?

Disregard, found my answer here. It is better to get a sleeper truck for your employees enabling them to do longer jobs.

76561198116137604.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived