Do not have bans with accepted appeals count towards ban history.

mutlob

Suggestion Name: Do not have bans with accepted appeals count towards ban history.
Suggestion Description: The current system is that once you reach a certain number of bans, regardless of appeal status, within a year, you will be banned for a certain amount of time. For example, four bans in a year is an automatic 1 month ban, five is more time, and so on. My suggestion is that bans with accepted appeals should not count toward that total.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: In the hustle and bustle of TMP, admins often get things wrong. It's just a fact, not a knock against the great admins we have. However, when these mistakes pile up, you might eventually hit four bans and suffer the consequences of breaking the rules four times even if you did not do so. For example, I was banned a few days ago for an illegal U-turn (I have appealed it because of the circumstances of the incident, I am not a bad driver! :D ) and I then had 4 bans on file in the past year, two of which the admins admitted to making a mistake and should not have banned me, with accepted appeals. I do not feel that it is fair I should be banned for a month due to this, as I have just two justified bans on record (if current appeal goes well, only one).

• Upvote 1

Hello, 

To be honest you know how it works but not all admins can reply to appeals as they might be doing Online Reports, in-game duty and they also have to work and provide for their family. If you would like someone higher up in rank to say something about your suggestion, please email: [email protected]

All the voices are heard and they know the right suggestions to pick. I hope I have given you a sufficient answer :) Have a good day. 

- SpeedySuliHD

If you are talking about an accepted appeal that is changed to @BANBYMISTAKE, They are not counted towards your history.

If you are talking about a tag/username ban, they still count as bans.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

49 minutes ago, LOB said:

: The current system is that once you reach a certain number of bans For example, four bans in a year is an automatic 1 month ban, five is more time, and so on. My suggestion is that bans with accepted appeals should not count toward that total.

After I've read your suggestion, I feel like there's some misunderstanding - Bans are not simply issued when admins are bored - they are issued when the user gets caught while their actions/behaviour is ruining other users' gameplay (aka breaking the rules). Of course, Its up to every player how he wants to behave, however our actions always have consequences, sadly some people do forget about it.

Also when your appeal gets accepted, it doesn't mean that your violation is forgotten - it means that you are forgiven and you receive one more chance, but if a user manages to accumulate a lot of bans in a short period of time, it means that he doesn't respect nor care about the rest of the players.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.